Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Could Justin Herbert be a top NFL draft pick in 2019?

Comments

• IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Meek said:

can Herbert drink raw eggs?

Everyone knows Vitamin D milk is his drug of choice.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Why is everybody so gay over Herbert?

He put up big numbers against UC Davis, North Dakota, and one half against a terrible Nebraska team. Then he was mediocre against ASU, got hurt, beat up on an incredibly shitty Beav team and absolutely sucked donkey balls against Boise State.

Explain Herbert's greatness to a non-believer

Because He throws up big 1st half numbers against shitty Defenses. But if any halftime adjustments are made, He becomes very average against any opponent.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Why is everybody so gay over Herbert?

He put up big numbers against UC Davis, North Dakota, and one half against a terrible Nebraska team. Then he was mediocre against ASU, got hurt, beat up on an incredibly shitty Beav team and absolutely sucked donkey balls against Boise State.

Explain Herbert's greatness to a non-believer

I'd show you, but I'm too busy trying to get Roof to block me on Twatters.
    Not hard to do
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited May 2018
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Herbert is going to be the first QB taken because he is legit 6'5" which you can't teach. He can make three NFL throws consistently, which is two more than most NCAA QB's can do, and he has above average mobility.

He and Mitch Trubisky are basically the same human. Will he be good? Zero people know on this planet, but he will get his shot.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Herbert sucks. That said, he does everything Josh Allen does at a higher level. Shitty QB’s get picked early all the time.

Huh?

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

Herbert is going to be the first QB taken because he is legit 6'5" which you can't teach. He can make three NFL throws consistently, which is two more than most NCAA QB's can do, and he has above average mobility.

He and Mitch Trubisky are basically the same human. Will he be good? Zero people know on this planet, but he will get his shot.

Kid has all the physical tools to be #1, not sure he has it in his head. Caz he makes really boneheaded plays sometimes. Also very inconsistent

Mosster47 said:

Kid has all the physical tools to be #1, not sure he has it in his head. Caz he makes really boneheaded plays sometimes. Also very inconsistent
    Right, he is Mitch Trubisky. I just said that.
    Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

Right, he is Mitch Trubisky. I just said that.
    I think his arm strength is better than trubisky
  • GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Oregon going to the natty.
    edited May 2018

Oregon going to the natty.

They should be highly rated given the cupcake schedule, hopefully we get to plunger them on national tv
  • HanseeHall78HanseeHall78 Member Posts: 156
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Herbert reminds me of Jim Druckenmiller (1997 1st round pick of the 49ers). Good college career at VA Tech. NFL scouts loved his strong arm. Spent three years in the NFL as a rarely used backup. Never developed NFL QB skills.
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    edited May 2018

Herbert reminds me of Jim Druckenmiller (1997 1st round pick of the 49ers). Good college career at VA Tech. NFL scouts loved his strong arm. Spent three years in the NFL as a rarely used backup. Never developed NFL QB skills.

Druckenmiller would've been the perfect fit for the porking lot.

Legal Troubles
    Malicious Wounding

In 1996, Druckenmiller was charged with malicious wounding in connection with a bar brawl. One witness quoted Druckenmiller as saying to him, "Did you see me kick that guy's butt?" The judge held that the evidence against Druckenmiller was not sufficient to convict him and threw out the charge.[14]
    Rape Allegations

On April 24, 1999, police in Blacksburg, Va., reported that Druckenmiller had been charged with rape, stemming from an incident in a house between 3 and 4 a.m. on March 4 of that year.[15] According to Assistant Commonwealth Attorney Curtis "Skip" Schwab, Druckenmiller "went downstairs to have sex with a woman who had vomited twice and fallen on a couch," and that Druckenmiller did not know the woman's correct first or last name.[16]

The accuser testified that she vaguely remembered a friend putting her to bed after a night of drinking. She passed out and awoke to find Druckenmiller on top of her. When asked what he was doing by a Montgomery County assistant commonwealth's attorney, the accuser responded, "Having sex. It took me a while to realize what was going on. I was disoriented. I had no idea where I was."[17] According to Druckenmiller, he had carried the woman to a bed after she vomited for the second time that night and slumped on a couch, and stated he went to check on her a few minutes later and asked how she was. When she told him she was drunk but doing fine, he asked her if she was going to make good on a promise she made to him earlier in the evening to have sex.[18]

On July 22, 1999, Druckenmiller was acquitted. As the verdict was read, Druckenmiller breathed a sigh of relief and winked at a supporter sitting in the courtroom.[19]
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited May 2018
    Mosster47 said:

I feel safe in Herbert going seven rounds earlier than Brownsocks.

Bully for him. Herbert, unlike Browning, won't do everything he can to win the game, so he sucks.
    Baseman said:

Mosster47 said:

I feel safe in Herbert going seven rounds earlier than Brownsocks.

Bully for him. Herbert, unlike Browning, won't do everything he can to win the game, so he sucks.
    Neither have won a big game in their college careers so this is either a woosh or abundance, both.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2018
    Herbert puts up big numbers against shit Defenses in the first half and then disappears in the 2nd half. The only exception to this, so far, has been Arizona in 2017 and one throw against Utah in 2016.

Oh... This is an old thread and I've already said this.

FYFMFE
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    salemcoog said:

So bringing back a bunch of lineman who couldn't open a hole for the last 2 years, is a good thing. No quookin here.
    As if it's the OL's fault the QB couldn't get his reads down