Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to OBK

PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,578
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
If you're after REAL pussification of America, just take a look at WWE 20 years ago vs. today. This is NOT my America. Trump needs to fix this or he doesn't get my vote in 2020.

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    PurpleJ said:

If you're after REAL pussification of America, just take a look at WWF 20 years ago vs. today. This is NOT my America. Trump needs to fix this or he doesn't get my vote in 2020.

FIFY
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It was still cool for a little while as WWE. The name change was a major tipping point, but it truly died when they went to a PG rating.

They just had this arab dude on there. I appreciate the subtle racism. That angle always works, but it's so fucking boring nowadays. Not good!

There are so many things they can't do or say. He can't team up with his cronies to beat the shit out of a gay dude or a woman. He can't joke about 9-11 in front of a hick crowd. He can't demand sharia law for the WWF. I could go on. It's bullshit. Sad! to see how far Vince McMahon has fallen.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wwe is making more money than ever before. They have no incentive to put forth any effort in to the watered down product right now. Because the marks still tune, in week after week, to do nothing but complain about it. Husky fans know a thing or two about that.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Stone Cold, the Rock, HHH, Foley, and Kane from 97’-99’ was the best. And who didn’t love Val Venis?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2018
    phineas said:

Wwe is making more money than ever before. They have no incentive to put forth any effort in to the watered down product right now. Because the marks still tune, in week after week, to do nothing but complain about it. Husky fans know a thing or two about that.

The target markets are just a reflection of the times we live in. All fun must be unoffensive and sterile, which makes it not fun. That, and the goal now is to make as much money off getting little kids begging mommy to buy them shit as possible. That was always the goal, but the difference now is that parents will get outraged! if the WWE is too scary, racist or promotes deviant lifestyles. I've embraced the deviant lifestyle. What's left for me?

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited May 2018
    WWE didn't have a choice if it wanted to stay on the USA Network. Rumors are that NBC wanted the WWE to tone down their show or risk losing their broadcast on the USA Network. Enter John Cena, and the ending of WWE as we had known it.
  • Options
    SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment