Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Josh Delgado, 3.5* 2019 WR, Bellflower (St. John Bosco), CA (Offered 7/14/17)

Comments

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Update from Huffman on Delgado from the Elite 11 Vegas:

Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy receiver Josh Delgado is a pure route runner with the kind of burst to separate from a defender. He's a natural pass catcher as well an is very smooth in how he plays the game. He had no problems getting open all day long and looks thicker in his upper body and stronger overall since last season.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Update from Huffman on Delgado from the Elite 11 Vegas:

Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy receiver Josh Delgado is a pure route runner with the kind of burst to separate from a defender. He's a natural pass catcher as well an is very smooth in how he plays the game. He had no problems getting open all day long and looks thicker in his upper body and stronger overall since last season.

No mention of his hips. Subpar report.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited May 2018
    Now that we have Taj Davis do you think we would take this kid, or just go all in on Ngata and if we get him be satisfied with those two (Ngata and Davis)?

@CokeGreaterThanPepsi @Dennis_DeYoung
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2018
    I'm neither of those two, and I'm pretty sure I suck at breaking down tape.

But I'd want us? would take this kid because he's a good fit at slot and is an auto upgrade on Pounds/Baccellia/Chin where as Taj and Ngata will play on the outside.

It wouldn't happen, but I'd like to bring in Taj, Ngata, and Delgado/Pittman/Nacua to force the couch sales of those older players who need to just stop being on the field and let Cook/Bynum/Ozzy/Spiker start and then these kids would be the freshman backups next to see the field like it should be.

Edit: That said, having been offered by UO I wouldn't be surprised if he went the way of Dollars and Criddell. Big fan of UW early but then falls in love with being recruited by UO.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

First of all, you take Ngata no matter what. His tape is even better than N'Keal Harry's was, and that guy is gonna be a first round pick next year despite playing for Arizona State, which says something.

If we don't get Ngata and end up with only 2 WRs this year, I'm fine with that. I mean, I'm not fine with the losing out on Ngata part, but I'm fine with only taking 2 WR if we end up in that apocalyptic circumstance. Otherwise we might as well take 3.

So the question becomes more Delgado vs. Pittman vs. Nacua. I don't see any huge difference there, so whoever commits first basically.

If we get Ngata I’d go with Nacua. If we don’t get Ngata I’ll be dead so it doesn’t really matter at that point.
    Yeah, I'm kind of leaning the same way. On both accounts.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    I seriously doubt we’ll get Nacua...he would go to BYU but they blow so he’ll go to Utah to play with his brother. He just wants to go through the recruiting trips/process, and he’s useful to us to help push one of our other targets to commit:
    https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865688348/BYU-Utah-rivalry-complicated-for-Orem-WR-Puka-Nacua--but-wheres-his-loyalty.html

Although they are breaking their own rule of only taking the same positions that are graduating (no sr wrs...maybe they are suddenly senioring a few) I’m guessing we’ll take Taj and either Delgado (most likely) or Pittman, and then we’ll take Ngata if the stars align (please God...)...otherwise we will only take 2. If those two take too long to commit they will probably look at the senior film (or upcoming camp) of some others and offer anyone else they think is at that level.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230

Mayhaps I'm wrong about falling in love with recruiting. He spoke with an Arkansas writer:

"Washington, I'd say from the West Coast. Then Minnesota, Nebraska, UCF and Arkansas," Delgado noted.

The No. 30 overall wide receiver on the industry-generated 247Sports Composite said he feels at home when he's at Chris Petersen's program.

"Every time I'm up there, it feels like love," Delgado said. "The coaching staff is a lot different from some of the coaching staffs I've met. When you're being recruited, you definitely get a feel for what coaches are real, what coaches are fake and you definitely get a good vibe from them. It feels like home.

"I feel really comfortable up there. I've been up there more than any other school I've been to. The coaches always show love. They help me with anything and it really feels like family up there."

That is one random-ass group of schools
    It would be fitting if he included alaska-ankorage too.
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    animate said:

Mayhaps I'm wrong about falling in love with recruiting. He spoke with an Arkansas writer:

"Washington, I'd say from the West Coast. Then Minnesota, Nebraska, UCF and Arkansas," Delgado noted.

The No. 30 overall wide receiver on the industry-generated 247Sports Composite said he feels at home when he's at Chris Petersen's program.

"Every time I'm up there, it feels like love," Delgado said. "The coaching staff is a lot different from some of the coaching staffs I've met. When you're being recruited, you definitely get a feel for what coaches are real, what coaches are fake and you definitely get a good vibe from them. It feels like home.

"I feel really comfortable up there. I've been up there more than any other school I've been to. The coaches always show love. They help me with anything and it really feels like family up there."

Do they have stuff there?
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230

animate said:

Do they have stuff there?
    Snowshoeing. Tipping over moose. So-cone makers.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Actually lends some credence to his own assertion that he can judge people well. Minnesota stands out a little bit. I mean, Fleck is a salesman, but he seems like he genuinely cares. If Delgado didn't care about coaching he would have the LA schools and Oregon on there.
  • Mayhaps I'm wrong about falling in love with recruiting. He spoke with an Arkansas writer:

Actually lends some credence to his own assertion that he can judge people well. Minnesota stands out a little bit. I mean, Fleck is a salesman, but he seems like he genuinely cares. If Delgado didn't care about coaching he would have the LA schools and Oregon on there.
    Agreed. Minnesota is going to end up with a solid class. Good academics too.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Does Fleck have some personal connection to the Minn job? That's a great hire for them, he definitely could have held out for a better program.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,286
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

"family emergency"

Maybe we feel pretty good about Pittman and Puka
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Delgato silent to Oregon imo