Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NFL reportedly discussing penalty for kneeling during anthem

2»

Comments

• allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

The players don't have to be on the field is the rationale for the fines.

Everyone in the media and the Trump WH were all to happy to get off BLM and onto the good old anthem fight. Both bases can get outraged without any chance of any actual rational discussion on a more important matter.

Despite the fact that I am a right wing racist I supported Kapernick for his stand and would like to see us talks facts and figures not national anthems

All the NFL is doing is letting this shadow another season

First I must say that the NFL owners are greedy bastards. That being said, if you Race Bannon owned a business where your employees wanted to make defiant stands for political purposes, and it was pissing off a large section of your customer base, I don't think you'd stand idly by and let it happen. You would want to mitigate the financial impact.
    Instead you should proactively change your rules to appease the racists that hate your employees?
    They hate them so much that they are willing to pay their salaries!
    Paying to watch a bunch of black guys kills each other means you’re not racist.
    GRONK, Brady, and Edelman are a little disappointed by this post.

But while we're on the subject, I just gotta say that I don't like the way the protest is done. It would be much better if the anthem was left alone and the teams just elected to come on the field to Fuck the Police with their fists held high. I would respect that more.
    I’m sure there were a lot of Brits that thought we had a point but didn’t like the way the Boston Tea Party was done.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,374
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2018

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Everyone in the media and the Trump WH were all to happy to get off BLM and onto the good old anthem fight. Both bases can get outraged without any chance of any actual rational discussion on a more important matter.

Despite the fact that I am a right wing racist I supported Kapernick for his stand and would like to see us talks facts and figures not national anthems

First I must say that the NFL owners are greedy bastards. That being said, if you Race Bannon owned a business where your employees wanted to make defiant stands for political purposes, and it was pissing off a large section of your customer base, I don't think you'd stand idly by and let it happen. You would want to mitigate the financial impact.
    Instead you should proactively change your rules to appease the racists that hate your employees?
    They hate them so much that they are willing to pay their salaries!
    Paying to watch a bunch of black guys kills each other means you’re not racist.
    GRONK, Brady, and Edelman are a little disappointed by this post.

But while we're on the subject, I just gotta say that I don't like the way the protest is done. It would be much better if the anthem was left alone and the teams just elected to come on the field to Fuck the Police with their fists held high. I would respect that more.
    I’m sure there were a lot of Brits that thought we had a point but didn’t like the way the Boston Tea Party was done.
    Yeah, but they didn't have NWA back then.

Besides... Ronaldinho, a black man, is marrying two hot chicks so maybe the Brits and their love of soccer weren't all that bad.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yet, another reason why the NFL sucks and College Football is a far better product.

Have some shitty rendition of the National Anthem AND then let the players run out of the tunnel is the way to go.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2018
    This shit is so fucking stupid and needs to die a fucking fire. Let people stand, kneel, piss, or fuck during the national anthem. It won't deter people from watching.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    You're wasting your time trying to reason with APAG if you're against the kneelers. He's a SJW and is going to scream "RACIST!!!" in response to any opinion different than his own. He's a stupid fucking cunt on par with Boobs. They are both lost causes and live in the echo chamber constructed by their masters, the media and the education system. The media and education system are responsible for producing boobs like APAG and his shotgun riding pussy racist sidekick who got ran a few months ago.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

You're wasting your time trying to reason with APAG if you're against the kneelers. He's a SJW and is going to scream "RACIST!!!" in response to any opinion different than his own. He's a stupid fucking cunt on par with Boobs. They are both lost causes and live in the echo chamber constructed by their masters, the media and the education system. The media and education system are responsible for producing boobs like APAG and his shotgun riding pussy racist sidekick who got ran a few months ago.

APAG openly supported Trump during the election.

I’m still glad he beat Hillary.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

On par with Boobs is one of the nicest things anyone’s ever said about me.
    Sounds like you feel vindicated
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

How do you openly support Trump and openly support a communist for President at the same time? Unless your Hillary hate is strong. That's the only explanation.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

This shit is so fucking stupid and needs to die a fucking fire. Let people stand, kneel, piss, or fuck during the national anthem. It won't deter people from watching.

It does tho. People are stupid.

How do you openly support Trump and openly support a communist for President at the same time? Unless your Hillary hate is strong. That's the only explanation.
    I wanted someone other than an establishment politician.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Ironic.
    Swaye's Wigwam

My childhood soccer teammate didn't get blown up by an IED in Iraq so you could defend people who shit all over his legacy. On Memorial Day, no less.
    Swaye's Wigwam

You seem angy.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    PurpleJ said:

My childhood soccer teammate didn't get blown up by an IED in Iraq so you could defend people who shit all over his legacy. On Memorial Day, no less.
    The real issue here is using child soldiers.
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

The real issue here is using child soldiers.
    You're actually right in this case. He joined at 17.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,226
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

This point has been missed in all the hullabaloo. Regardless of the players' intent, a portion of the fan base sees the players' actions as a middle finger to the flag, to the nation, and to them personally. The numbers don't lie, people are turning their backs on the NFL and it's having an impact on the league. The league had to act, but they should have had the backbone to do so before this became such a toxic issue.

As for BLM, they're paying a real political cost for aligning themselves with militant far left Marxist movements like Antifa. Similarly, many sports fans have had enough of the left's SJW PC narrative and don't want it to be part of the sports entertainment they're paying for. Now they're voting with their wallets.