Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA Playoff Megathread

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Chris Paul might be done. He looked like he was going to cry on the bench.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Houston on the brink of breaking through and Paul and Harden have nothing to do with it. No doubt Paul will puss out in Game 6 whether he plays or not. No winners in this series.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Paul is done. He is for sure not playing game 6. Props to Gordon he played his ass off.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Hamstring tear. Had a couple of those and that’s exactly why he had the doom and gloom on his face even when they won. When you do it once you can never forget that feeling.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

KD is all Golden State has on Offense now. He won’t be enough.

He had zero made shots and zero assists in the 4th quarter.
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Pyrrhic victory if ever there was one if Paul is out. Ouch.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

KD is all Golden State has on Offense now. He won’t be enough.

He had zero made shots and zero assists in the 4th quarter.
    Yeah, in a game where hardly anyone would step up, He disappeared too. No matter their style, Golden State not having a pg on the roster is catching up with them. No settling influence on the court for them the last 2 games. No leadership either.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck. That's brutal for Paul
  • Options
    I can see two paths to Houston winning without Paul.

First, Harden pops off, Gordon plays well and Mbah A Moute plays and plays well. That makes up the offense they’d miss and the defense.

The second is Morey ball variance. Shoot 50 3s and if you catch fire you just win.

I don’t know how likely any of those things are. Harden popping off seems like it’s a million miles away and I don’t know how they shoot 50 3s without Harden taking 15+ so he’d have to be great that way too.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,446
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What a cool game for the Dubs doogs man
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited May 2018
    Path is cleared for a LeBron title if GS doesn't pull its collective head out of its ass.

Houston's ISO and jack threes offense is unwatchable. The league is devolving to nothing but math nerd offense. Get rid of the three point line.

Also, NHL > NBA.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

What a fucking bum Harden is. He’s reached Lebron vs Dallas levels except it’s lasted 3 years. Gets blown out by the Clippers to lose the series but Josh Smith and Corey Brewer mount a comeback and Harden pouts on the bench. Does nothing vs the Spurs last year. Now this. MVP my ass. Most Valuable Pussy maybe.

this is better analysis than you get from most NBA "insiders" across all the platforms. It is so true. I read it before I started watching the game on delay and it took me back to the first Heat team and how utterly destroyed Lebron was after it. It is amazing he survived and thrived.

Harden still doing it three years in is a black eye for the Rockets. I was prepared to start liking Harden this year because he had been around long enough to pay attention to and I need him to beat the Warriors.

Now it's all on him. Not a lot of confidence there.

The best part of Lebraon and Dallas was when Lebon said he still had a better life than the losers hiding behind their computer screens. He was right
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I can see two paths to Houston winning without Paul.

First, Harden pops off, Gordon plays well and Mbah A Moute plays and plays well. That makes up the offense they’d miss and the defense.

The second is Morey ball variance. Shoot 50 3s and if you catch fire you just win.

I don’t know how likely any of those things are. Harden popping off seems like it’s a million miles away and I don’t know how they shoot 50 3s without Harden taking 15+ so he’d have to be great that way too.

I think they need to get game 6 off the momentum from last night and before they realize they miss Paul. The Warriors are crumbling on offense like they did against Cleveland. You can't let them off the mat. Harden can't be a pussy
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    It's a fascinating prospect to be sure but I agree that confidence level with him is bottom of the barrel. The Lebron Dallas comparison is perfect. Snap the fuck out of it.

Also fuck GSW for their luck against teams with injuries. 2015 they didn't beat a single healthy team. Not ONE. 2016 they do and lose. 2017 they add Durant to become the most stacked team in modern US sports history. Now Paul goes down. Fuck.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    BaldwinIV said:

It's a fascinating prospect to be sure but I agree that confidence level with him is bottom of the barrel. The Lebron Dallas comparison is perfect. Snap the fuck out of it.

Also fuck GSW for their luck against teams with injuries. 2015 they didn't beat a single healthy team. Not ONE. 2016 they do and lose. 2017 they add Durant to become the most stacked team in modern US sports history. Now Paul goes down. Fuck.

2017 they should've lost to the Spurs, but Zaza assassinated Kawhi and Tony Parker was already out.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lets see if the Warriors can even win two straight first
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,469
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's not like Chris Paul could pass out of the VGK forecheck anyways.