Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NFL reportedly discussing penalty for kneeling during anthem

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So we are just giving up on why there was a protest in the first place

Hint - it had nothing to do with the anthem
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

So we are just giving up on why there was a protest in the first place

Hint - it had nothing to do with the anthem

Clearly the honor of sing song time is more important than people being shot by cops.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Neither side should be willing to die on this hill. The competing furors are stupid.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,379
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Shitting on the troops that died for your right to shit on them is kind of a dick way to make a point, but you have the freedom to do so. Unless the NFL says you can't. They have the freedom to decide what is acceptable in their league. USA USA USA.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

The players don't have to be on the field is the rationale for the fines.

Everyone in the media and the Trump WH were all to happy to get off BLM and onto the good old anthem fight. Both bases can get outraged without any chance of any actual rational discussion on a more important matter.

Despite the fact that I am a right wing racist I supported Kapernick for his stand and would like to see us talks facts and figures not national anthems

All the NFL is doing is letting this shadow another season

First I must say that the NFL owners are greedy bastards. That being said, if you Race Bannon owned a business where your employees wanted to make defiant stands for political purposes, and it was pissing off a large section of your customer base, I don't think you'd stand idly by and let it happen. You would want to mitigate the financial impact.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Everyone in the media and the Trump WH were all to happy to get off BLM and onto the good old anthem fight. Both bases can get outraged without any chance of any actual rational discussion on a more important matter.

Despite the fact that I am a right wing racist I supported Kapernick for his stand and would like to see us talks facts and figures not national anthems

First I must say that the NFL owners are greedy bastards. That being said, if you Race Bannon owned a business where your employees wanted to make defiant stands for political purposes, and it was pissing off a large section of your customer base, I don't think you'd stand idly by and let it happen. You would want to mitigate the financial impact.
    Instead you should proactively change your rules to appease the racists that hate your employees?
    Swaye's Wigwam

Instead you should proactively change your rules to appease the racists that hate your employees?
    They hate them so much that they are willing to pay their salaries!
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

Paying to watch a bunch of black guys kills each other means you’re not racist.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

It's only got this far because nobody wanted to address the issue when it was one player

Now it's out of control for no good reason
    Kind of like with how Emmert dealt with the Willingham situation
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Paying to watch a bunch of black guys kills each other means you’re not racist.
    GRONK, Brady, and Edelman are a little disappointed by this post.

But while we're on the subject, I just gotta say that I don't like the way the protest is done. It would be much better if the anthem was left alone and the teams just elected to come on the field to Fuck the Police with their fists held high. I would respect that more.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    What will happen is that you will probably see entire teams stay in the locker room.