Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    DubSixGamerDubSixGamer Member Posts: 164
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Op is a fag. I'm out.
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    @RoadDawg55 had an excellent point lost in some other massive thread. Would players like Dissly, SMFJ, Rapp, and others even get an offer from UW if they were '19 or '20 kids?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Rapp would 100% have gotten an offer. We still offer plenty of three-star kids, and Rapp had five-star tape. Dissly, not so much.

It was a fucking crime that he was not 4 star at least. His HS tape is bonner ..... brb jo
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Jones and Rapp you take no matter what.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2018

I really doubt we would have taken Jones. I was high on him too based on what the Utah scout guy said about Whittingham flipping his shit that Sidney was coming to UW, but we were easily his best offer. Other gab Utah and UW, his only other offer was San Jose State. It’s not like he had a lot of schools coming after him.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Doogles said:

I really doubt we would have taken Jones. I was high on him too based on what the Utah scout guy said about Whittingham flipping his shit that Sidney was coming to UW, but we were easily his best offer. Other gab Utah and UW, his only other offer was San Jose State. It’s not like he had a lot of schools coming after him.
    This is true, but the way Pete evaluates kids goes deeper into the mental makeup and seems to project better at who is willing to put in the work.

Here is a link to Sidney Jones players Tribune article:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/sidney-jones-achilles-injury-nfl-draft

Notice the emphasis on film study and how he responded to coaching challenges, and how guys like gardenhire made fun of him for being a coaches pet (one guy early entry, the other Bozeman county).

Not sure how they do it, but Pete and his staff sniffs that trait out better than anyone else, and I'm betting those guys will still get offered.
    "And to me, one thing really proves why my heart is never going to be that far away from all my Huskies — those who came before me and those who have yet to put on the purple and white."

I love Sid, but it's time to burn the fucking program down.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,905
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

This is true, but the way Pete evaluates kids goes deeper into the mental makeup and seems to project better at who is willing to put in the work.

Here is a link to Sidney Jones players Tribune article:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/sidney-jones-achilles-injury-nfl-draft

Notice the emphasis on film study and how he responded to coaching challenges, and how guys like gardenhire made fun of him for being a coaches pet (one guy early entry, the other Bozeman county).

Not sure how they do it, but Pete and his staff sniffs that trait out better than anyone else, and I'm betting those guys will still get offered.
    Yeah. I agree with this. Despite being one of the top recruiters in the conference, Lake still offers and takes less-heralded recruits when he sees talent(Hampton last year, Kam Fab was lightly offered when he was offered this year)
  • Options
    SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Yea we've seen what Pete did thanks to Sark's eye for talent now let's see him keep this up with his own guys