Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kale Millen commits to Oregon

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    whuggy said:

dtd said:

Who fucking cares? Nobody gives a fuck about some low 3 star white kid. Remember when UW yoinked Molden, or OS got Wheaton, or the Scarletts went to Stanford, or UW "poached" a top 15 DT from Oregon's back yard? Those things fucking mattered. This shit is for bitch tits Mahler to get podcast clicks.

You'll give a fuck about him when he blows up. His SPARQ score was a 101.79 IIRC. His vertical is higher than any QB who went drafted to the NFL. He's also smart.
    Third most athletic quarterback...in the Pacific Northwest.

He's perfect for your program.
    Neither here nor there.
    A backup at best.
    Like most of the rest.
    Can't much say I give a care.
    dude, kid is a legit prospect. i would not shit on him caz his pops is a fucking idiot
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    whuggy said:

dtd said:

Who fucking cares? Nobody gives a fuck about some low 3 star white kid. Remember when UW yoinked Molden, or OS got Wheaton, or the Scarletts went to Stanford, or UW "poached" a top 15 DT from Oregon's back yard? Those things fucking mattered. This shit is for bitch tits Mahler to get podcast clicks.

You'll give a fuck about him when he blows up. His SPARQ score was a 101.79 IIRC. His vertical is higher than any QB who went drafted to the NFL. He's also smart.

Neither here nor there.
    A backup at best.
    Like most of the rest.
    Lotta words for "WDWHA"
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2018
    The interesting thing is Michael Johnson Jr, who's dad is on staff at Oregon as their receiver coach. He's pretty highly touted, and says something if he goes there (did they tell Hugh they were only taking 1 QB...) or if he doesn't (what does that say about Sr's opinion of the coaching staff there...).

https://247sports.com/Player/Michael-Johnson-Jr-89906

• lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2018

The interesting thing is Michael Johnson Jr, who's dad is on staff at Oregon as their receiver coach. He's pretty highly touted, and says something if he goes there (did they tell Hugh they were only taking 1 QB...) or if he doesn't (what does that say about Sr's opinion of the coaching staff there...).

Oregon isn’t taking Johnson JR, drinking raw eggs was unique to Cale because that is a Cale thing and Shough needs to develop.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

Oregon isn’t taking Johnson JR, drinking raw eggs was unique to Cale because that is a Cale thing and Shough needs to develop.

Has anyone ever told you to get an avatar and fuck off?
    Has anyone ever told you to LEAVE!!!!?

Unless you're gay. Then just get an avatar big boi.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    AZDuck said:

whuggy said:

dtd said:

Neither here nor there.
    A backup at best.
    Like most of the rest.
    Lotta words for "WDWHA"
    he stupid, we want him. kid looks really solid
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Passion said:

Can't believe his dad let him commit to oregon over Northwestern. Where's the parenting?

Lol. Doogie doogie doog!

I said the same thing when the Swede picked UW over Stanford.
    edited May 2018
    Baphomet said:

UW is hard to get in to. My neighbors are Huskies, but their kid couldn't get accepted so is now attending Oregon.

Hugh's kid just wasn't good enough for UW this recruiting cycle. So it goes.

It's harder than Oregon but it's not that hard. If he was smart enough to be seriously recruited by Northwestern then he could have walked into UW on his own.
    haie said:

Who gives a fuck. Hope Hugh tattoos puddles on his ass cheek.

Hope Softy converts cuz he’s just a jack doog anyways.

Hope Dick goes back to rooting for wazzu like he should.

Fuck all of them

Seems like you give a fuck.
  • BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    How mentally ill is creepycoug lol
    BaldwinIV said:

How mentally ill is creepycoug lol

Is that a question? Or are you still changing from yesterday?

The dooging in this thread is unreal, and denying it is a much more clear sign of mental illness. I'm quite clear in my thinking since I'm probably the only one in this thread who REALLY DNGAF.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Millen's measurables are fantastic and he's only going to get better.

6-4, 4.86, 37 inch vert, 4.3 shuttle: Jesus. Looks amazing. We fucked up. Oh well.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

6-4, 4.86, 37 inch vert, 4.3 shuttle: Jesus. Looks amazing. We fucked up. Oh well.

Millen is good, but if he turns out better than Morris I don't think it will have much to do with his athleticism. Never have I looked at Browning play and thought "if only he could jump higher".

Millen is good, but if he turns out better than Morris I don't think it will have much to do with his athleticism. Never have I looked at Browning play and thought "if only he could jump higher".
    I think the issue is more about his ability to extend plays, not go down easily when hit (flexibility and quickness/explosion) and pick up first downs with his feet.

I think these things matter a lot. When a kid has great film: then the numbers matter IMO because they tell you what he can eventually be.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

I think the issue is more about his ability to extend plays, not go down easily when hit (flexibility and quickness/explosion) and pick up first downs with his feet.

I think these things matter a lot. When a kid has great film: then the numbers matter IMO because they tell you what he can eventually be.
    I think it matters too, but scrambling is a combination of functional mobility and instincts. Millen is way more explosive, but I don't think he's significantly faster than Morris. He's a better runner, but I don't think he's significantly better at extending plays. As long as you're a functional scrambler, I don't care that much about testing numbers. Millen is an impressive athlete, and he's taller, but I think they're pretty similar both in terms of their throwing ability and their ability to extend plays.

In the end I think they both a decent arms, good ball placement, and decent mechanics. While I will give Millen a small + for size and athleticism, Morris also has decent functional mobility. There's so little difference between them I can't really agree that we fucked up. They're both good. I think we should have offered both and see how that would've played out, but I don't see how we massively fucked up here.

I will say that if Millen has any kind of success at all in college he'll be a high draft pick based on his athleticism alone, and that would have been good for UWs brand even if he turns out to be Bortles 2.0. I can't say with any confidence who of them will have the most college success though. I'm a little uncomfortable not having a hot take, but I just think they're both good.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hugh was the classic measurable QB which is why he played in the NFL as long as he did despite sucking so bad as a QB

Other than the Orange Bowl

I think it matters too, but scrambling is a combination of functional mobility and instincts. Millen is way more explosive, but I don't think he's significantly faster than Morris. He's a better runner, but I don't think he's significantly better at extending plays. As long as you're a functional scrambler, I don't care that much about testing numbers. Millen is an impressive athlete, and he's taller, but I think they're pretty similar both in terms of their throwing ability and their ability to extend plays.

In the end I think they both a decent arms, good ball placement, and decent mechanics. While I will give Millen a small + for size and athleticism, Morris also has decent functional mobility. There's so little difference between them I can't really agree that we fucked up. They're both good. I think we should have offered both and see how that would've played out, but I don't see how we massively fucked up here.

I will say that if Millen has any kind of success at all in college he'll be a high draft pick based on his athleticism alone, and that would have been good for UWs brand even if he turns out to be Bortles 2.0. I can't say with any confidence who of them will have the most college success though. I'm a little uncomfortable not having a hot take, but I just think they're both good.

Morris is fine, but he's a 3* QB. Millen is a late-bloomer and Morris is a not-bloomer.

By the way - your logic is bad about the athleticism - as kids develop, being able to get the instincts to action is about athleticism. Instincts develop over time and as Millen's improve his body will help him carry them out quickly and with explosion. Morris? Not so much.

I don't hate Morris - I just see Jake Heaps.