Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jeremiah Criddell, 2019 4* DB, Rancho Cucamonga (HS), CA (Offered 7/14)

Comments

• Options
    DubSixGamerDubSixGamer Member Posts: 164
    5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Baphomet said:

uzi said:

I’m moderately annoyed at our seeming inability to capitalize on our success.. Who is the marketing guru for recruiting? We have so many things that are right but why do we have an identity or image crisis? To me, it looks like we are going to take a nice step backwards this year in recruiting for no good reason and I am honest enough to say that out loud and I’m really frustrated; actually full-blown irked at the coaches for missing out because they seem to be above actually recruiting. Criddell was a top target. He also like to be pursued... not unlike most of us. Cristobal played the game and reaped the fruits. We offer and say, “hey, we’re UDub” as if that’s all it takes. That works for some guys, obviously, but not for the majority of talented players with the ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ or higher ratings..

P.S. look at the ball cap.

Two questions:

1. When did Nike start putting the swoosh on the toes of their running shoes?

2. What kind of fag wheres running shoes out in the woods?

Get something that a man would wear in the woods, then you can talk football

You guys talk about footwear more than both of my ex wives.
    More than my two dads also
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    So, what was the deal here? Did we cool on him, or just get beat? I thought this kid was ours for the last year. WTF happened?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,905
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

So, what was the deal here? Did we cool on him, or just get beat? I thought this kid was ours for the last year. WTF happened?

Everybody who "reports" Washington recruiting said 2 months ago that UW dropped their interest in him.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Everybody who "reports" Washington recruiting said 2 months ago that UW dropped their interest in him.
    Wonder why...
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Wonder why...
    It’s always going to be easier for the team-centric TBS reporters to sell false optimism rather than be realistic. Keeps the clicks coming
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It's the biz-ness model. Sell hope, collect fees.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Don't disagree with any of that, and much of it could be said about Washington.

Any coach from Florida coaching at Washington would leave in a minute to coach UF, FSU or Miami, so in that sense, Washington is a stepping stone job. So are a lot of places, depending on where the coach wants to be. I agree I'm not buying Mario's "I love You Gene" line; that's what he's supposed to say. But the PNW is like Mars to people from the SE US, especially down as far as Florida, which is so different than the PNW in literally every way possible.

Stepping stone? Besides Sark (we were blessed), what UW coach, from any sport, left willingly for another job?
    Darrell Royal?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

Don't disagree with any of that, and much of it could be said about Washington.

Any coach from Florida coaching at Washington would leave in a minute to coach UF, FSU or Miami, so in that sense, Washington is a stepping stone job. So are a lot of places, depending on where the coach wants to be. I agree I'm not buying Mario's "I love You Gene" line; that's what he's supposed to say. But the PNW is like Mars to people from the SE US, especially down as far as Florida, which is so different than the PNW in literally every way possible.

Stepping stone? Besides Sark (we were blessed), what UW coach, from any sport, left willingly for another job?
    Darrell Royal?
    I hate French food. Too fattening
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Owens followed Royal and Owens was an Oklahoma Wilkinson guy with some Bear Bryant. And he stayed unlike Royal who couldn't resist Texas. I wasn't on Hardcore Husky back then but I'm going to assume after the back to back Rose Bowl wins there was plenty of interest in Texas and the south for Owens.

Don James was courted by the NFL and the HAWKS in particular. He had midwest roots and Florida connections but stayed.

As pointed out the rest have sucked since then but Peterman looks like a keeper from both us and him

Rick could have left after the Rose Bowl and in hindsight should have. But he stayed to get fired

As I said, DJ was the exception and it was a different tim. Coaches didn't jump around as much, certainly not as much as compared to today. He was from the midwest, and wanted to stay in the college game. Maybe Ohio State would have moved him; maybe not.

Rick would have left in a NY minute for UCLA or another "the right job".

My only point is that a life-long Florida guy jumping from Oregon to Florida State is clearly something that could happen here. There are people who would coach here who'd leave in a minute for specified other gigs.

It's a great job. Decent resources, history, somewhat challenging recruiting environment, reasonable expectations (relatively speaking), nice city, etc. But for the game itself it's not a mount everest summit job.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,349
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Owens followed Royal and Owens was an Oklahoma Wilkinson guy with some Bear Bryant. And he stayed unlike Royal who couldn't resist Texas. I wasn't on Hardcore Husky back then but I'm going to assume after the back to back Rose Bowl wins there was plenty of interest in Texas and the south for Owens.

Don James was courted by the NFL and the HAWKS in particular. He had midwest roots and Florida connections but stayed.

As pointed out the rest have sucked since then but Peterman looks like a keeper from both us and him

Rick could have left after the Rose Bowl and in hindsight should have. But he stayed to get fired

As I said, DJ was the exception and it was a different tim. Coaches didn't jump around as much, certainly not as much as compared to today. He was from the midwest, and wanted to stay in the college game. Maybe Ohio State would have moved him; maybe not.

Rick would have left in a NY minute for UCLA or another "the right job".

My only point is that a life-long Florida guy jumping from Oregon to Florida State is clearly something that could happen here. There are people who would coach here who'd leave in a minute for specified other gigs.

It's a great job. Decent resources, history, somewhat challenging recruiting environment, reasonable expectations (relatively speaking), nice city, etc. But for the game itself it's not a mount everest summit job.
    I pointed out that the guy that left was the exception
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,106
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Baseman said:

The quooking is strong in this thread.

The fuck ... the WDWHA dooging is stronger.
    While we’re on the subject, Who the fuck has your team got a commitment from?
    Do these Florida kids know that Oregon stopped being good?
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183

Baseman said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I34eqLBid3A

• Options

Baseman said:

I think they forgot that Chip Kelly was the coach at the time.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,078
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I34eqLBid3A

This pales in comparison to the 7th Floor Crew. "If that bitch only knew, she was getting muddied by the 7th Floor Crew."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ujKxpAvLKg
  • Options

Nun of them can hang wit. Cuz nun of da Queenz Guards is black.