Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

#Woof

bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
Riley Sorn (Richland, WA 7'6" 123 lbs) has committed to play basketball at UW in some capacity.

Not sure if walk on or not.

Comments

• HorrifyinglyAlluringHorrifyinglyAlluring Member Posts: 102
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    My wife teaches at his school and I've seen him play. Some good footwork, fiery kid, lacks p5 lateral quickness though and is severely underweight. Rumors of an eating disorder.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    BaldwinIV said:

7'6 123? Is he on his deathbed from undernourishment?

I may have used some hyperbole
  • ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

My wife teaches at his school and I've seen him play. Some good footwork, fiery kid, lacks p5 lateral quickness though and is severely underweight. Rumors of an eating disorder.

This kid is a project but he does have good footwork and is pretty coordinated for being a 7-3 stick. If we get 1 good year out of this guy I'll be happy but I'm not expecting much.

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

This kid is a project but he does have good footwork and is pretty coordinated for being a 7-3 stick. If we get 1 good year out of this guy I'll be happy but I'm not expecting much.

He'll just be the 7"3 version of Greg fucking Bowman. He's a stiff that has no skill. He sucks. Kid is a mediocre D2 player. He won't see the court. If he's a scholly player he's basically a shitastic Kyler Manu.

• GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    looks like white yao ming.
    edited May 2018

He'll just be the 7"3 version of Greg fucking Bowman. He's a stiff that has no skill. He sucks. Kid is a mediocre D2 player. He won't see the court. If he's a scholly player he's basically a shitastic Kyler Manu.

I don't disagree but I do have a sliver of hope after seeing what happened with Sam Timmins. The guy has some physical tools to work with but it most likely won't amount to anything.

• BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I don't disagree but I do have a sliver of hope after seeing what happened with Sam Timmins. The guy has some physical tools to work with but it most likely won't amount to anything.

What about Timmins? In the OOC he flashed improvement then reverted back to his shit self IIRC. Maybe I am misremembering?
    edited May 2018
    BaldwinIV said:

What about Timmins? In the OOC he flashed improvement then reverted back to his shit self IIRC. Maybe I am misremembering?

I'm not saying Timmins is great but he improved from being a liability to being a serviceable Pac 12 player. Carter, Wright and Dominic Green are better players and deserve more minutes so Timmins sat.

I think this kids ceiling is "serviceable Pac 12 player" and a potential mismatch as a 7-3 guy if he can get any sort of competent post/mid-range game going. He's a walk on so who gives a shit.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

BaldwinIV said:

I'm not saying Timmins is great but he improved from being a liability to being a serviceable Pac 12 player. Carter, Wright and Dominic Green are better players and deserve more minutes so Timmins sat.

I think this kids ceiling is "serviceable Pac 12 player" and a potential mismatch as a 7-3 guy if he can get any sort of competent post/mid-range game going. He's a walk on so who gives a shit.
    Timmins at least has some lateral mobility (still shit). This kid has none. Timmins also doesn't look like he purges himself after every fucking meal.

Sorn is a shitty prospect. Timmins was a better but still shitty prospect. Both suck. Sark> Ty

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I saw him firsthand in the championship game, while waiting for Woodinville to play. Not much skill, alarmingly tall and thin. I actually felt bad for him having to go through life like that. But there are worse fates, I told myself.
  • RapeculturedawgRapeculturedawg Member Posts: 899
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    It'll be pretty entertaining seeing him get some minutes in blowouts.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    edited May 2018

I saw him firsthand in the championship game, while waiting for Woodinville to play. Not much skill, alarmingly tall and thin. I actually felt bad for him having to go through life like that. But there are worse fates, I told myself.

Richland didn’t make it to the championship. They lost to Gonzaga Prep and Lewis & Clark.

Sorn got worked in both games.

Unless you're talking about Woodinville in the championship game - and they got worked too.

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    He's a walk-on and will probably not see the court except for the occasional blow out loss.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

Richland didn’t make it to the championship. They lost to Gonzaga Prep and Lewis & Clark.

Unless you're talking about Woodinville in the championship game - and they got worked too.

I was there all day so that must have been the third place game.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656

I was there all day so that must have been the third place game.
    Correct.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

As I've stated before, no one plays all 13 scholarship players. If Hop is smart he'll get Sorn on the Gonzaga redshirt post player steroid lifting program and hope he contributes in 3 years. He was why Richland was in the semi's and almost beat Gonzaga Prep. His height will be beneficial in practice for the guys who will get the majority or all of the PT. This kid is a 7'3 Hans Gasser.