Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NBA Playoff Megathread

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2018

And Utah was better this year after losing him. I mean he played a quarter of the first game this year.

Yikes. You don’t think Utah would have been a better team with Hayward? Not good enough to beat Hou sure. And one good argue that Mitchell doesn’t progress to be the best newcomer in league if He is there. But they’d be better if He was still there.

How He fits in with Boston... Who knows. But getting an All Star in his prime certainly won’t hurt Boston next year. It’s hard to not see Boston in the Finals next year.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2018
    Should the Celtics trade Irving? Seems to me they have enough scoring with Brown, Tatum, and Hayward.

Irving has never been a good defender and he’s strattling the line of being “brittle.” Dude has been hurt a lot. He only has one year left on his contract too.

They probably keep Irving and let Smart and/or Rozier go, but I think it’s something the Celtics are thinking about.

Edit: I thought Rozier was a free agent after this year, but he’s not. They let Smart go and roll with Irving another year with the full squad.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Should the Celtics trade Irving? Seems to me they have enough scoring with Brown, Tatum, and Hayward.

Irving has never been a good defender and he’s strattling the line of being “brittle.” Dude has been hurt a lot. He only has one year left on his contract too.

They probably keep Irving and let Smart and/or Rozier go, but I think it’s something the Celtics are thinking about.

Edit: I thought Rozier was a free agent after this year, but he’s not. They let Smart go and roll with Irving another year with the full squad.

I’d be shocked if they didn’t bring Smart back. He’ll be an asset you can trade if you have to as long as no one goes crazy with an offer.

I’d just keep everyone together for next year and see how it goes. I’d rather win one and then have to make the tough decisions then come up a Kyrie Irving short in the Finals.
    salemcoog said:

And Utah was better this year after losing him. I mean he played a quarter of the first game this year.

Yikes. You don’t think Utah would have been a better team with Hayward? Not good enough to beat Hou sure. And one good argue that Mitchell doesn’t progress to be the best newcomer in league if He is there. But they’d be better if He was still there.

How He fits in with Boston... Who knows. But getting an All Star in his prime certainly won’t hurt Boston next year. It’s hard to not see Boston in the Finals next year.
    What is this how does he fit nonsense? I feel like some of you haven’t watched an NBA game in 10 years. He starts. Irving, Brown, Hayward, Tatum and Horford. Or Rozier for Kyrie if you want to trade him.
    Kevin Durant has 1 assist total through 2 games. Westbrook is the ballhog though.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Whoever wins game 3 will have an advantage

I’m hearing they will only need 2 more victories to get to the Finals

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Offense is about creating opportunities for yourself and your teammates.

Shooting spaces the floor and in theory makes it easier for penetration.

Guys that can shoot but can’t create are dependent on others for offense.

If the creators in that system can’t create or more importantly if defenses don’t help to the point of creating opportunities for dependent shooters, then the offense really bogs down.

You don’t need to have all stars. Shooting is obviously valuable. But there are other offensive skills as well.

You are describing Rajon Rando and Evan Turner. Bother of whom killed their teams in the series they lost. Can you give me an example of a player that you’re talking about that doesn’t kill his team?
    Rondo didn’t kill his team - they got beat by a better team.

Marcus Smart fits my description
    The Pelicans scored 95 points per 100 possessions with Rondo on the court. An abysmal number. The worst of all their starters. Golden State is better, that doesn’t mean Rondo didn’t hurt them. He was one of the biggest reasons why.

I love Smart, dude, but he’s going to get 15+ million a season this off season. That’s for a guy that shoots 36% from the field. The reason why is because there aren’t many guys like him. Ariza and Tucker cost a combined 15 million this season.
    Rondo had a great Game 3 in the only game that they won. He was largely exposed the rest of the series for a multitude of reasons. He was a significant factor against Portland. You better have some elite elements to your game if you aren’t a great shooter. A younger Rondo was. Today it’s hit and miss as age is undefeated.

As for Smart, his best fit is with Boston. He will likely be asked to do more than he is capable of doing if he signs big elsewhere. His role with Boston maximizes his skill set
    I think Rozier is a RFA

I doubt Boston would trade Irving unless Phoenix is stupid enough to give up the #1 pick
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Why would I think that when they weren't? He's a great fit for Boston though

A Larry Bird type
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649
    edited May 2018

salemcoog said:

Why would I think that when they weren't? He's a great fit for Boston though

A Larry Bird type
    Not even close.

Larry Bird was the ugliest motherfucker in the NBA. Hayward is a pretty boy.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Would you believe a coach on the floor?
    A real gym rat.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Vegas line for CLE coming back and winning is laughably low right now, almost tempted to throw a few hundred at it just in case

then again stevens vs lue is :expressionless:
    Gladstone said:

Vegas line for CLE coming back and winning is laughably low right now, almost tempted to throw a few hundred at it just in case

then again stevens vs lue is :expressionless:

What’s the line? More than happy to put some drinks on the line for you to take Cleveland.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Kevin Durant has 1 assist total through 2 games. Westbrook is the ballhog though.

When nobody else can hit a shot, they’re arent many assists to be had. Without Durant, they get run in Game 1 like they did in Game 2.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    22-20 game deep in the first and no comment? Jesus, fucking filthy casuals on this bored.
    Steph looks like shit. 1-6 from the field. Sieve-like defensively. Still hurt.

Steph looks like shit. 1-6 from the field. Sieve-like defensively. Still hurt.

Kerr needs to sit Steph and let Livingston run the point. Better defensively to begin with and able to defer to KD and Klay on offense.

Swaye's Wigwam
    If @Tequilla wasn’t getting his ankles torn off by a freshman computer science major at the IMA right now he’d be talking massive shit with his adopted team.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dubs will sweep Boston