Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kale Millen commits to Oregon

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dtd said:

Who fucking cares? Nobody gives a fuck about some low 3 star white kid. Remember when UW yoinked Molden, or OS got Wheaton, or the Scarletts went to Stanford, or UW "poached" a top 15 DT from Oregon's back yard? Those things fucking mattered. This shit is for bitch tits Mahler to get podcast clicks.

You'll give a fuck about him when he blows up. His SPARQ score was a 101.79 IIRC. His vertical is higher than any QB who went drafted to the NFL. He's also smart.
    But do you have a confirmation on how tall he is?
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

dnc said:

whuggy said:

It really is a bit of a strange one. If he wants to see the field it's much more likely at Northwestern. Oregon brings in a much higher level of QB competition than the Wildcats. Might be a bit of wanting to stick it to Washington for not offering. I think the Colorado State scenario is pretty spot on.

Better football program, closer to home, this isn’t complicated.
    Yeah, they're certainly better than UW ever
    PurpleJ said:

dtd said:

Who fucking cares? Nobody gives a fuck about some low 3 star white kid. Remember when UW yoinked Molden, or OS got Wheaton, or the Scarletts went to Stanford, or UW "poached" a top 15 DT from Oregon's back yard? Those things fucking mattered. This shit is for bitch tits Mahler to get podcast clicks.

You'll give a fuck about him when he blows up. His SPARQ score was a 101.79 IIRC. His vertical is higher than any QB who went drafted to the NFL. He's also smart.
    LEAVE!!!!!
    Never!
    My bad on the first quote. Wasn't following well. Cale is going to be good much like his father was. Millen will give Shough everything he can handle. They're both good QBs

• RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

dtd said:

But do you have a confirmation on how tall he is?
    Dunking is a very underrated aspect of football. You ever see Tom Brady tomahawk on a dude? Beautiful.
  • RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

dtd said:

Dunking is a very underrated aspect of football. You ever see Tom Brady tomahawk on a dude? Beautiful.
  • blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    RealRhino said:

1. I liked Shough's tape much better than Millen's. I actually like Hugh a lot, but for a QB's son I thought Cale had kind of a funky throwing motion that looked a little slow to me. Whatever.

2. I'm disappointed in Hugh here. He said on KJR that he would basically let his son make his own choice. Now, I get it, he's almost an adult (or in some cases is already 18), it's his life, etc. But FFS, you don't watch your kid get liquored up, hop into his Maserati and start speeding toward a tree and say, "Well, it's his life, he's got to make the choice he's most comfortable with." These are still fucking stupid kids being SOLD by professional adults. They need you to separate the facts from a great recruiting pitch. Does the coach have a history of success? A 27-48 record says no. A history of helping guys get to the NFL? None of his Miami OL made the NFL, he coached Greg Olsen one year as like a sophomore, and had T.Y. Hilton at FIU. So basically, one guy in seven years of coaching. But you know what he CAN do? Recruit. He's a salesman. So when your kid comes home telling you about the great deal he got on a great car from the best salesman on the lot, maybe don't just fucking shake his hand and drink some raw egg kool-aid with him, maybe tell him to hold off and critically evaluate the choice he's about to make.

In this scenario, Cale reminds me of that girl who cheats on her chubby boyfriend with the first cute guy that shows her some attention after she drops a bunch of weight.

Considering Hugh knows the guy and considering you don't the entire thesis you typed up is quite frankly, ridiculous. But hey whatever makes you feel better about it...

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

1. I liked Shough's tape much better than Millen's. I actually like Hugh a lot, but for a QB's son I thought Cale had kind of a funky throwing motion that looked a little slow to me. Whatever.

2. I'm disappointed in Hugh here. He said on KJR that he would basically let his son make his own choice. Now, I get it, he's almost an adult (or in some cases is already 18), it's his life, etc. But FFS, you don't watch your kid get liquored up, hop into his Maserati and start speeding toward a tree and say, "Well, it's his life, he's got to make the choice he's most comfortable with." These are still fucking stupid kids being SOLD by professional adults. They need you to separate the facts from a great recruiting pitch. Does the coach have a history of success? A 27-48 record says no. A history of helping guys get to the NFL? None of his Miami OL made the NFL, he coached Greg Olsen one year as like a sophomore, and had T.Y. Hilton at FIU. So basically, one guy in seven years of coaching. But you know what he CAN do? Recruit. He's a salesman. So when your kid comes home telling you about the great deal he got on a great car from the best salesman on the lot, maybe don't just fucking shake his hand and drink some raw egg kool-aid with him, maybe tell him to hold off and critically evaluate the choice he's about to make.

In this scenario, Cale reminds me of that girl who cheats on her chubby boyfriend with the first cute guy that shows her some attention after she drops a bunch of weight.

Pics?
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

RealRhino said:

Pics?
    Before or After you dirty bastard?
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

dtd said:

Robert Blackmon’s Spark>Jack Lockers SPARQ>Cale Millen SPARQ>Jacob Eason’s SPARQ

(NT)
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Drinking raw eggs to show commitment is probably the gayest thing I have ever heard of when it comes to recruiting.

How soon we forget Sark's one knee proposals to recruits
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615

Considering Hugh knows the guy and considering you don't the entire thesis you typed up is quite frankly, ridiculous. But hey whatever makes you feel better about it...

Hugh knows Cristobal? How? In what capacity?
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    And one more quick question: Does Hugh Millen know Jim Mora?
  • blackmambablackmamba Member Posts: 184
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    RealRhino said:

And one more quick question: Does Hugh Millen know Jim Mora?

You are trying too hard

• IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dtd said:

Third most athletic quarterback...in the Pacific Northwest.

• whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dtd said:

Third most athletic quarterback...in the Pacific Northwest.

He's perfect for your program.
    Neither here nor there.
    A backup at best.
    Like most of the rest.
    Can't much say I give a care.