Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sark and HadenFS are going to be on Gameday in about 1 minute

AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
Should be funny

Comments

• Options
    Orgeron was a candidate
    Steve was last of 5 candidates interviewed
    "whats going on inside that locker room is what's important" sark
    "we're gonna stay with the no huddle, its conducive based on the rules of cfb"
    "we're a run-first team"
    going to recruit players to stay at USC
    we're not rebuilding, Ed showed us that
    we're going to compete for championships starting next fall
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    He's a crafty dodger. Excellent media day coach. Good hire for south carolina
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Pretty blah. I still don't see what some people see in this guy. He must be charming or something but he comes off as a dope to me.
  • Options
    He's getting a lot of that lately.
  • Options
    He never impressed me either. I never understood all the brainwashed cultists over at Doogman. I honestly hoped he was going to stay at UW forever
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Orgeron was a candidate

"whats going on inside that locker room is what's important" sark

when he needed the players' attention in the Husky locker room or to gauge their mood, Sark relied on Kevin Smith to start dancing or make "funny noises".

Who will he rely on at USC for this critical function?
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Sean Parker told Sark to Fuck off and LEAVE on his way out!

Keith won't be leaning on Sark's advice prior to the combine.

Colin Porter called a spade a spade after Sark played the kid way too early and ruined his career

Then we have Bud Wither's first worthy read in a decade last week -The Sark mediocrity piece.

He is what he is and good riddance.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,906
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    MisterEm said:

Sean Parker told Sark to Fuck off and LEAVE on his way out!

Keith won't be leaning on Sark's advice prior to the combine.

Colin Porter called a spade a spade after Sark played the kid way too early and ruined his career

Then we have Bud Wither's first worthy read in a decade last week -The Sark mediocrity piece.

He is what he is and good riddance.

Link? I'd love to read that or at least hear what he said.
  • Options
    BlowItUpBlowItUp Member Posts: 877
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    it was on his facebook page right when it was announced

"i think it's funny you people acted like he had character in the first place"

cant remember the exact quote, but that was the gist of it.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    The fact that he was the last candidate interviewed says it all. No one else was really interested in the job. Haden was trying to put lipstick on that pig, but failed. Sark looks like a guy in over his head, as he was at UW, only the hook is waiting in the wings at USC. He won't get five years there.
  • Options
    Shocks me that USC can't hire a quality coach (they got Carroll almost by accident). Even more shocking that they haven't pulled off a splash hire in... ever.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,235
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

Shocks me that USC can't hire a quality coach (they got Carroll almost by accident). Even more shocking that they haven't pulled off a splash hire in... ever.

They did get Carroll by accident. He was way down the list and just happened to be at a point in his career that he was looking for a way to revitalize it. I suspect sanctions are playing a role now. They're not out of the woods yet, and the effects will be felt for at least a season or two after they're fully lifted.

Sark knew his days were numbered at UW, and from USC's perspective he is disposable. The other candidates all had options, or didn't appear to fit (I'm thinking of Orgeron). JDR is an NFL coach and may end up coaching Houston, while Peterson got what he wanted all along (who knew he had been eyeing UW for the past five years?).

My guess is that they will make a splash hire three years from now. Hopefully by that time, UW has ascended to where Peterson sees the program belonging and it won't matter much who rules the PAC12 South.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031

AZDuck said:

They did get Carroll by accident. He was way down the list and just happened to be at a point in his career that he was looking for a way to revitalize it. I suspect sanctions are playing a role now. They're not out of the woods yet, and the effects will be felt for at least a season or two after they're fully lifted.

Sark knew his days were numbered at UW, and from USC's perspective he is disposable. The other candidates all had options, or didn't appear to fit (I'm thinking of Orgeron). JDR is an NFL coach and may end up coaching Houston, while Peterson got what he wanted all along (who knew he had been eyeing UW for the past five years?).

My guess is that they will make a splash hire three years from now. Hopefully by that time, UW has ascended to where Peterson sees the program belonging and it won't matter much who rules the PAC12 South.
    that's pretty much my take as well. Sark and Kiffin both owe USC a big thank you for the retirement accounts.