Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Amazon leaving Seattle update

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,134
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Who is surprised by this? @GrandpaSankey could have spotted this move coming from a mile away.

My sources tell me that this is also not a political bluff to deter the Council from approving the tax.

There are still doubters among us
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,572
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited May 2018
    campus is for scamming on hot girls. something tells me the amazon campus is not like that.
    therfore, not a campus.

I'll go with complex.
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sure.gif

The goalposts keep moving. From Day 1 I said that HQ2 was subterfuge and it is

Boeing would never leave Seattle either

You keep electing morons and this is what you get.

Office space is office space and data isn't locked in a safe anymore

In fact office space will be like a buggy manufacturing plant in 20 years. Who works in an office anymore? Poor people?

Bezos goes into the office everyday. Heard he's afraid of heights and works on the 5th floor. Doesn't like elevators either so takes the stairs.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I like to call workplaces 'campuses.' That's what I like to do, because I'm a retard like that.

Mutually adjacent office buildings situated for the purpose of a promoting an enterprise. Food courts. Child care. Dog parks. Entertainment. “Spheres” for out-of-office time. All along the same neighborhood streets. 12 million square feet of space and more being built. 30,000 employees in a handful of square blocks. Yeah, it’s a campus.
    Meet Brigitte Höess

Born Inge-Brigitt Höess on August 18, 1933, her early years were spent moving from one concentration camp to another as her father moved up the ranks of Hitler's SS.

From the age of seven until 11 she lived in a villa beside Auschwitz, where her family resided in fine style.
    They were waited upon by staff – many of them prisoners – and their home was decorated with furniture and artwork stolen from prisoners as they were selected for the gas chambers.

They could even see the prisoner blocks and old crematorium from an upstairs window, but Brigitte more fondly recalls visiting the horses and German shepherds at the campus.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3105781/My-beautiful-childhood-Daughter-Rudolph-Hoess-inspired-trial-Bookkeeper-Auschwitz-talk-life-growing-concentration-camp-forgiven-Jewish-boss.html

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,459
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tacoma will welcome them with open arms. Either that or Dallas.
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    PurpleJ said:

Tacoma losing All State was a big blow. The Chihuly Glass Museum is all that's left.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,459
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RedRocket said:

PurpleJ said:

Tacoma losing All State was a big blow. The Chihuly Glass Museum is all that's left.
    Amazon > Allstate

We will be fine. We always are. If not, there's always the heroin trade. Bidness is booming!
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

It’s all a prefectly executed plan. Get a “second headquarters” then phase out the Seattle headquarters. Bezos is a libertarian. He won’t put up with seattle bullshit longer than he needs to.

He can pretend to be whatever he wants to be, but no one gives a shit because actions speak louder than words. Amazon is a class act government teat suckler, to the tune of about $1.4 billion in government subsidies -- https://goodjobsfirst.org/amazon-tracker

A libertarian writes,

Subsidies are when the government takes tax money from you by force, and spends it on something you would not be willing to pay for in the free market. Subsidies support questionable or obsolete businesses in the name of the public interest because the government does not trust us to do whats good for us on our own.
    -- libertarianviewpoint.com/blog/libertarian-viewpoint-on-subsidies/

Also,

"A core belief of libertarianism is that ideas will prevail in a free marketplace. And if you know about markets, you know the key to making them efficient and fair is for as many players to have as much information as possible." https://theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2013/aug/16/jeff-bezos-washington-post

But how exactly do free markets square with Amazon's anti-trust activities and the fact that Amazon's intention is to BECOME the marketplace?

https://newrepublic.com/article/143376/amazon-changing-whole-concept-monopoly

https://thenation.com/article/amazon-doesnt-just-want-to-dominate-the-market-it-wants-to-become-the-market/
    Horrible analysis. You should try again. Do you even liberty bro?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

It’s all a prefectly executed plan. Get a “second headquarters” then phase out the Seattle headquarters. Bezos is a libertarian. He won’t put up with seattle bullshit longer than he needs to.

There's no income tax in the state of Washington. Bezos isn't going anywhere.
    He won't move just his company.

2001400ex said:

There's no income tax in the state of Washington. Bezos isn't going anywhere.
    Boeing and I shared a hearty laugh over your post in the media room
    Derek's memory of Boeing's move is spot on.

https://hbr.org/2001/10/inside-boeings-big-move

Or they had a CEO that was only with Boeing for a year and hated Seattle.
  • Options
    I like to be a free market conservative that supports corporate welfare for oil companies and huge corporate income tax breaks. Yet thinks Amazon doesn't pay enough taxes and is the evil empire. Cause that's what I like to do.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Bezos pays no Fed tax either using the same legal things that guys like Trump use to move losses forward.

Pretty sure Bezos has no personal income at all. At that level you don't

I could be wrong but when but let's be real, that never happens

*cough*

Patriot Act
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

He can pretend to be whatever he wants to be, but no one gives a shit because actions speak louder than words. Amazon is a class act government teat suckler, to the tune of about $1.4 billion in government subsidies -- https://goodjobsfirst.org/amazon-tracker

A libertarian writes,

Subsidies are when the government takes tax money from you by force, and spends it on something you would not be willing to pay for in the free market. Subsidies support questionable or obsolete businesses in the name of the public interest because the government does not trust us to do whats good for us on our own.

Also,

"A core belief of libertarianism is that ideas will prevail in a free marketplace. And if you know about markets, you know the key to making them efficient and fair is for as many players to have as much information as possible." https://theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2013/aug/16/jeff-bezos-washington-post

But how exactly do free markets square with Amazon's anti-trust activities and the fact that Amazon's intention is to BECOME the marketplace?

https://thenation.com/article/amazon-doesnt-just-want-to-dominate-the-market-it-wants-to-become-the-market/

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

RedRocket said:

PurpleJ said:

Why do you hate Brown & Haley?

Almond Roca is goddamned delicious.

Word.

When I'm having an insulin tweak, I go for the Roca to get shit straightened out.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2018

A libertarian writes,

Also,

Any “shoots brah” gets a chin.

That’s said. You need to think deeper. I’m a bit disappointed.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739

I like to call workplaces 'campuses.' That's what I like to do, because I'm a retard like that.

Mutually adjacent office buildings situated for the purpose of a promoting an enterprise. Food courts. Child care. Dog parks. Entertainment. “Spheres” for out-of-office time. All along the same neighborhood streets. 12 million square feet of space and more being built. 30,000 employees in a handful of square blocks. Yeah, it’s a campus. Just like oregon’s but far larger and way more successful.
    So you're saying your life sucks, you can't prepare your own food, raise your own kids, walk your own dog, or live without instant entertainment. Throw in some "spheres" for wimpy fags who can't pull a full workday and you've got a nerd & wimp paradise. Gee. What's not to be jealous of?

It's obvious the next Nerd mass-suicide is way overdue. Can you please replicate the Heaven's Gate event ASAP? Thanks.
  • Options

2001400ex said:

I like to be a free market conservative that supports corporate welfare for oil companies and huge corporate income tax breaks. Yet thinks Amazon doesn't pay enough taxes and is the evil empire. Cause that's what I like to do.

Free market “conservative”
    My god. Do you even think? You’re embarrassing. Please just die
    Someone struck a nerve.