Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Roaddawg upon hearing about Seattle's first round draft pick

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Seattle might have had the worst draft of any team in the last decade. Everybody knew that their weakest position group last year was offensive line. So what does the team do?...They wait until the fifth round to draft an OL at pick number 168 which was about 19 picks after they drafted a punter. WTF?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,379
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

This entire message board is naive and borderline racist. You have people starting threads after we offered a kid with “(dark skinned)” in parenthesis. It’s embarrassing. It’s almost like the majority of posters have never left Seattle/Western Washington which isn’t exactly the cradle of diversity.
    Someone's never been to Tac Town...

Who penned this gem?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Seattle might have had the worst draft of any team in the last decade. Everybody knew that their weakest position group last year was offensive line. So what does the team do?...They wait until the fifth round to draft an OL at pick number 168 which was about 19 picks after they drafted a punter. WTF?

I actually like this draft better than most of Schneiders the last five years. They reached for the second best RB, but otherwise I love the Greene, Dissly and Griffin picks, and the rest seem decent to me (including the OL who most had as a 3rd or 4th rounder).

But speaking of OL, I don't think it's as bad as everyone thinks with a full season of Brown and Fant coming back. Add Britt and that's 3/5 of a quality OL. And getting rid of Cable should mean they can find two capable guards.

Honestly they are fucking terrible at drafting OL so I'm fine with them not spending a lot more draft capital at hte position. They've drafted a ton of them the past few years with almost zero success.
    You and the mystery team that supposedly offered to trade for that RB are the only ones who think he wasn't a mid round pick.

Want to know how bad this draft was? The punter was the best pick in the draft.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,102
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I actually like this draft better than most of Schneiders the last five years. They reached for the second best RB, but otherwise I love the Greene, Dissly and Griffin picks, and the rest seem decent to me (including the OL who most had as a 3rd or 4th rounder).

But speaking of OL, I don't think it's as bad as everyone thinks with a full season of Brown and Fant coming back. Add Britt and that's 3/5 of a quality OL. And getting rid of Cable should mean they can find two capable guards.

Honestly they are fucking terrible at drafting OL so I'm fine with them not spending a lot more draft capital at hte position. They've drafted a ton of them the past few years with almost zero success.
    2001400ex said:

dnc said:

You and the mystery team that supposedly offered to trade for that RB are the only ones who think he wasn't a mid round pick.

Want to know how bad this draft was? The punter was the best pick in the draft.
    Was of the opinion it was a mediocre draft but now, after realizing I'm on the same side as Hondo and the opposite side of DNC, have gained a considerable amount of optimism that my opinion must be shit.