Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Wilcox and Thoughts on the New Defensive Staff

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
edited December 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
Bob Gregory is Petersen's assistant head coach. He was the DC at Cal when Wilcox was his LB coach. Tosh also played and coached under Gregory. Just a guess, but I think Wilcox and Tosh will be on the new staff. Gregory will replace Sirmon. Lake (good resume with NFL experience) replaces Heyward. I know some of you are underwhelmed by Tosh's DL, but I actually think they got better as the season went on, and he is a very good recruiter. I would be happy with this defensive staff.

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I have given Tosh a break because he had almost nothing to work with when he got here. We had to move a fucking Tight end to play the defensive line because Sark covets his skilled position players so much.

Tosh will have more firepower recruiting now too, he will be big asset if we can hold onto him.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I have given Tosh a break because he had almost nothing to work with when he got here. We had to move a fucking Tight end to play the defensive line because Sark covets his skilled position players so much.

Tosh will have more firepower recruiting now too, he will be big asset if we can hold onto him.

Who cares if tosh can coach. Wasnt brought here for thagt. It's like saying Dick Baird was here to "coach linebackers".
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Who cares if tosh can coach. Wasnt brought here for thagt. It's like saying Dick Baird was here to "coach linebackers".
    I can't a recall of poast of yours that didn't have fuck, cunt, or ignant in it.

NYBE
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lupoi's unit improved by leaps and bounds from 2012 to 2013. It was subtle and gradual, but apparent by the end of the season. The only huge clunker game for them was against Oregon, and I only had to watch that once to see it was a mistake in the game plan that caused most of the problem.

Peterson has some nice assistants. I'm guessing he brings his DC and Wilcox parts ways with UW. Lupoi could stay on which is fine even though I think his recruiting at UW will never measure up to the legend he formed at Cal. I also like what I've read about the secondary, RB and OL coaches at Boise.

The big thing about hiring Peterson is that it mostly quelled any reasons for concern about the assistants. He has a pool to hire from and has a fat check book to work with.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Wilcox, Gregory, Tosh & the Boise OL coach (who is well regarded) would be a strong staff.

Cal's defense was 1st in the conference the last two years Tosh was there and it was because of the DL. I'm not convinced he's a great DL coach yet but he is definitely a great recruiter. In his limited time he's gotten excellent results. There is talent in the DL pipeline with Qualls, Mathis and Farria.

If they can retain Tosh and hire a similar guy for WR or RBs (an aggressive recruiter who can close) then it will be a fantastic complement to Wilcox & Peterson who are primarily about coaching.
  • Options
    chrisvashonchrisvashon Member Posts: 627
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    I would love this. Bringing Gregory while retaining Wilcox & Lupoi is a perfect scenario.

I seriously would start going full doog and predicting a pac-12 north win.
  • Options
    PRedoubtPRedoubt Member Posts: 141
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

You've gone too far. Even the slightest hint that Dick Baird was ever a Coach should be cause for Derek to give you a timeout.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If logistics work out, I see Wilcox staying. I forgot about Gregory. He was a damn good coach but butted heads with TEdfurd and wanted to go to Boise so took a demotion. Him and wilcox are close, from what I've heard.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fetters reporting that from his sources it is "unlikely" that Wilcox and Tosh stay because Sark really wants them is the nail in the coffin. Wilcox and Tosh are staying.