Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show your support for what this community means to you:

Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Take a look around and join the community. Have a topic? Join us and start a thread.

Cut-n-Paste/Plunderphonic/Sampladelica Artists & Tracks of All Tim

2»

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Posts: 14,835
    10000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary Fucktard of the Week Award
    The original all-sample song: Psyche Rock, by Pierre Henry, from way back in 1967 (in other words, old enough for @YellowSnow to give a shit)

You may recognize the tune, as it was adapted for use by a certain animated TV series.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Posts: 9,390
    Swaye's Wigwam 5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    AZDuck said:

The original all-sample song: Psyche Rock, by Pierre Henry, from way back in 1967 (in other words, old enough for @YellowSnow to give a shit)

You may recognize the tune, as it was adapted for use by a certain animated TV series.

Pump my bass line Duck while I kick it root down.

AZDuck said:

Not a ton of sampling there, but excellent muzhik. Love needs also be given to the great Sound Systems of Jamaica:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Not a ton of sampling there, but excellent muzhik. Love needs also be given to the great Sound Systems of Jamaica:

edited April 22

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

You familiar with our? Kid Hops on KEXP @AZDuck ? He was in the dorms with us at UW when we were watching Seinfeld and Friends while Pumpy was putting poundings on all the greasy bar sluts of Seattle.
    https://kexp.org/djs/kid-hops/
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Posts: 6,211
    Standard Supporter 5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary
    Girl Talk fan here. Haven’t listened in a while but it was in the rotation for a year about 6 years ago.
    edited April 23

Bomb the Bass, "Bug Powder Dust"

Some key samples:

Open Your Eyes You Can Fly by Flora Purim (1976)
    Philosophy of Drug Use... from Naked Lunch (1991)

vocals by Justin Warfield, who might just be the most versatile musician alive... considering that he now makes music like this:

he's the vocalist on both tracks.

I also really love the new version of this Bomb the Bass put out in 2013:

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Posts: 29,106
    Swaye's Wigwam 25000 Comments 250 Answers Fucktard of the Week Award
    AZDuck said:

Some key samples:

Never heard the track outside of Dirt Chamber Sessions. Good chit. "Roll up your sleeve for this lyrical treat" such a great line.
    AZDuck said:

vocals by Justin Warfield, who might just be the most versatile musician alive... considering that he now makes music like this:

No shit. Learn something new e'ry day.
    edited April 23
    AZDuck said:

Just so we clear, Paul's Boutique was the greatest rhyming and stealing of all tim. Sampling could never happen to that degree ever again.

Paul’s Boutique is great. Strictly from a sampling standpoint, Endtroducing is better, the Avalanches Album is better, I’m sure there’s more. Every note of Endtroducing was a sample, and he did that in 1994 on like a MPC-60 or some shit.

Paul’s Boutique elevated the artform to be sure, and it’s fun as hell. Somewhere I have the 10 hours or however long when KEXP played every major sample source from PB in order.
    I will try to listen to the above cuts time permitting.
    @AZDuck can reality check me on this, but I think PWEI’s This Is This... runs close to Paul’s Boutique. Stylistically different and more frenetic, and certainly not anywhere near the production budget. But I still think the two albums are similar. And it kicks ass.
    PWEI is super underrated.

"Dance of the Mad Bastards"

Those guys were ahead of their time. Also check out
    Great fucking track

And DM @YellowSnow has a sample of The Who.
    https://www.whosampled.com/sample/140895/Pop-Will-Eat-Itself-Dance-of-the-Mad-Bastards-The-Who-Helpless-Dancer/

AZDuck said:

Some key samples:

Never heard the track outside of Dirt Chamber Sessions. Good chit. "Roll up your sleeve for this lyrical treat" such a great line.
    AZDuck said:

another great edit of "Bug Powder Dust" is on the Kruder and Dorfmeister Sessions LP. If there are "classic" tracks from electronica, that is one of them fo sho.

@GrundleStiltzkin

Here's another version on the Sessions LP which contains the vocals

If you haven't ever listened to Sessions stoned, do so immediately.
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Some key samples:

AZDuck said:

another great edit of "Bug Powder Dust" is on the Kruder and Dorfmeister Sessions LP. If there are "classic" tracks from electronica, that is one of them fo sho.

Total Ninjafied remix

Blockhead, "The Art of Walking"