Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Are you satisfied with the Petersen hire?

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Absolutely yes

dhdawg said:

I think the Koetter Hawkins comparison is unfair. Over his time Petersen accomplished much more than either of them and was really the brains behind hawkins

THIS. From my understanding he was the Chip Kelly running the show and they were riding his coat tails.

Time will tell if that is true. I think Petersen just like that is arguably the best coach in our division(him or Shaw). While with Sark he was in the Riley/Leach tier and probably below Sling Blade.
    I wouldn't go that far but he is in the same conversation as Mora, Shaw, and Graham. He just has to field results now.
  • Options
    Absolutely yes

dhdawg said:

I think the Koetter Hawkins comparison is unfair. Over his time Petersen accomplished much more than either of them and was really the brains behind hawkins

THIS. From my understanding he was the Chip Kelly running the show and they were riding his coat tails.

Time will tell if that is true. I think Petersen just like that is arguably the best coach in our division(him or Shaw). While with Sark he was in the Riley/Leach tier and probably below Sling Blade.
    I wouldn't go that far but he is in the same conversation as Mora, Shaw, and Graham. He just has to field results now.
    I said DIVISION not conference. Meaning the competition is Dykes, Riley, Leach, Sling Blade and Shaw.
  • Options
    PRedoubtPRedoubt Member Posts: 141
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Absolutely yes
    Does "Not Fat Chris" like nachos? Maybe I should ask this question on the "other" bored?
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Yes, but there's a limit to my patience
    Fuck this poll is full of Doogs
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Absolutely yes
    Under the circumstances, which has left much to be desired, I think this hire is a home run. While as fans we wanted a bigger name, we must not forget what UW has become - a coaching cesspool where as late as last night many here feared we were going to get another intern. Just earlier this week, Mora turned down the UW. What may other candidates thought if Mora didn't want it?

With Petersen, we have improved the prospects of returning to elite status. I believe he will build a strong and vibrant program that will have top candidates clamoring to replace him when he retires.

I felt almost devastated when Mora turned UW down, in what feels like the longest non-game week in a long time. Now, I am more optimistic than I've been since I can't remember when. Perfect? Not close. But, it may prove excellent.

Well done, Mr. Woodward.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Absolutely yes
    alumni94 said:

I really don't care about win/loses, this is what I want to see.

Within 2 years - Win Pac 12 North, in the top 25.
    Within 3 years - Win Pac 12, in the top 15
    Within 4 years - Win Rose Bowl or other Major Bowl….BCS bowls will be gone….in the top 5.

National Championships take a lot of things to come together at the right time, but we certainly should be in the discussion often post year 4.

YBE

• Options
    DingaLingDingaLing Member Posts: 66
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    priapism said:

The Energetic Dirk Koetter:
    26-10 at BS
    40-34 at ASU
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirk_Koetter

The Zen Master Dan Hawkins:
    53-11 at BS
    19-39 at Colorado
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Hawkins

The Disciplinarian Chris Petersen:
    92-12 at BS
    lathering...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Petersen

Chris is walking into a better situation than the first 2 guys. So we should expect to win.

I'd rather have had a hire who proved himself at 2 different schools first. Urban Meyer...Bryan Kelly are 2 recent examples of what I'm talking about.

Wow, Kutter was better at ASU than Sark was at UW.

Wait, why am I saying 'wow'?

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Absolutely yes

dhdawg said:

Lets see if Graham can get ASU to contend regularly. Very impressive so far but they have like 15 senior starters and ASU has been losing in-state talent repeatedly. Lets see where Graham and Shaw are in 2-3 years. If we bring in top 20 classes every year then I definitely expect to be better than ASU & Stanford. Here is how I'd rate the current coaches:

1. Mora
    2. Graham
    3. Shaw/RichRod
  • Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Absolutely yes

YBE

Huh?

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited December 2013
    Absolutely yes
    alumni94 said:

YBE

Huh?

your best effort

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

alumni94 said:

YBE

Huh?

your best effort

I was hoping he pulled a Fetters.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,406
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This is the first time since Neuheisel that I've actually felt like we now have a coach who can meet or exceed my expectations for UW football:

- Compete for the Pac-12 title (not just the north division) every year
    - Win the Pac-12 (not just the north) at least three times a decade
    - Compete for a national title at least once a decade

Yours humbly,

Sir Doogsalot
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    No
    Wasn't Ty a disciplinarian?