Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I'd be a little worried about the run defense...

...if I were a knowledgeable husky fan. Good thing there aren't many of those and that Ignorance is bliss around here.

I see a soft spot outside Greg Gaines tertitory on the front 7. Good thing there are 2 seniors at ILB...they're going to be busy., but guess you bonio's will have to wait until September to see for yourselves.

This is the year Pete will pay for ignoring the DL. Good thing is that Pete recruited so well this year and next inside so the problem will be short lived.

Thank God himself that Kerryon Johnson declared...otherwise it would have been a long day vs Auburn. Now it might be competitive, maybe go either way. For most of you who dont know, KJ would have been a nightmare to stop. With our db's we might just be able to scheme up on their running game, pick off Stidhammer a few times.

Pete is at his best with an experienced offense, early in the season vs the Auburn-types of college football. Maybe we can outscore a few teams early

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2018
    Our run defense will be fine. I'm more worried about passing downs because we literally have no pass rush.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Auburn spreads the field side to side to get gaps to run in and if you close the gaps they throw it over you. You need a disciplined defense that stays home or you get burnt. Of course Auburn could line up and try to run it down our throats but since I actually watch SEC football and shit I won't make the same mistake pumpy makes in thinking that Auburn is a power team because they aren't.

It's more similar to what Penn State does than Stanford.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Gladstone said:

Our run defense will be fine. I'm more worried about passing downs because we literally have no pass rush.

Literally?
    Literally, I can't.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

Auburn spreads the field side to side to get gaps to run in and if you close the gaps they throw it over you. You need a disciplined defense that stays home or you get burnt. Of course Auburn could line up and try to run it down our throats but since I actually watch SEC football and shit I won't make the same mistake pumpy makes in thinking that Auburn is a power team because they aren't.

Auburn IS a power run team. As much or more than Bama race you fucking dipshit. Malzahn, like Kelly at Oregon, is all about pounding rock out spread. Kelly averaged 273yds/game in exact same offense.

Race, just close legs too. You are a fucking imbecile
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Run D wont be fine. If u fucking can read , I said our dbs are so good that will enable us to load up with 8...that's not a good thing tard.. because our front 4 CANT PUSH. fuck
  • Options

That's the point of post asshole
    "I'd be worried about the run defense"
  • Options
    A 4-man push we had up front last 3 years. Next year we dont. Get it dummy? Our run defense will be a big problem early, maybe all year.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,200
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Auburn IS a power run team. As much or more than Bama race you fucking dipshit. Malzahn, like Kelly at Oregon, is all about pounding rock out spread. Kelly averaged 273yds/game in exact same offense.

Race, just close legs too. You are a fucking imbecile
    A power run team that runs out of the spread?

Try watching some games new fish
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Quit reading into the Spring scrimmage. This team will be good against the run.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Nothing new. We? haven't had a pass rush for decades.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

“Now it might be competitive, maybe go either way.”

You can’t find this kind of quality detailed insight for $10.95/month anywhere else on the Internet.

Things change
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    fixed

Quit reading into the Spring scrimmage. This team will be good against the run when playing the likes of BYU, Cal, Beaves, N. Dakota, Colorado, and the Cuogs. Other teams on the schedule may be problematic.