Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bralen Trice, 3* 2019 BUCK, Glendale (O'Connor) AZ, (SUCK IT DOMERS!! BOW TO KWAT!!)

Comments

• ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    While it isn't consistent, he does flash elite speed several times in his highlights. He's also fucking big if you look at him in the photos with Pete so he looks to have plenty of physical tools. This kid has a weird hudl... his stats say he had 14.5 sacks and 24 hurries but his hudl has a lot of throw-away highlights where he is making plays outside of the tackle box.

I'm intrigued but don't love this guys film and feel weird if we were to take a commitment from him this early in the process. Seems like a guy with a lot of upside but someone who you'd sit on until you see a couple games of his senior year film.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

It was a mortal lock that Tequilla would love Trice's film once he heard Patterson offered him.

It's not a lock that I'd like him ...

I do know what Patterson has traditionally looked at when it comes to edge players and his edge players have had success at the college level and into the pros

I actually think Dennis had it right earlier in this thread where he said that the bare minimum is that we can't miss in this class at this position. Given all the misses that we've had we also likely need multiple kids at the position. Getting a good prospect (albeit one that would need some development in both strength and technique) in early makes it easier to swing for the fences without the constant pressure of being void at the position.

I view Trice's film similar to how I viewed Tryon's film.
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2018
    An Andre Williams and Joe Tryon 2.0, no? Serviceable but not elite exciting...
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    Beno4Life said:

They were both raw, but better athletes than this guy.
  • Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Beno4Life said:

Ugh 2.0
  • ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

They strike me as being fairly different types of athletes from one another. Tryon is a long, lean, quick-twitch freak. Amandre is thicker but still very athletic and came out of high school less raw than either Tryon or Trice. Trice is a mix between both those guys.

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beno4Life said:

I don't see what Joe Tryon, at a chiseled 6'4" and 262 lbs wias a RS freshman, has in common with either this guy or Amandre Williams.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    He excites me about as much as Obie Trice’s career.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ugh.

My thoughts exactly. If our edge class turns out to be this guy and Legg, consider me whelmed.
    I doubt Legg gets an offer.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

He excites me about as much as Obie Trice’s career.

Got to have teeth.....lol
  • Ugh.

My thoughts exactly. If our edge class turns out to be this guy and Legg, consider me whelmed.
    I wouldn't even count on Legg signing. We might've taken too long to offer. Michigan and Oregon are already options for him.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    Tequilla said:

So I just watched his film and while I don't think he's an elite prospect, I see a lot to work with:

He looks like he's in that 6'4" 225 range that is listed on his HUDL. He clearly dwarfs Pete in the side by side pictures.

There's room for him to grow physically and obviously #BodyBySocha will help him get up to that 250 range that I think you'd ideally like him to get to.

He's got a motor and for a HS defender that's a huge thing that I look at as that's a significant part of being successful at the next level and a key to our defense on the whole where everybody being asked to "Do Their Job" comes into play. A lot of the highlights show teams that run their plays away from him and his pursuit tracks down the plays.

He's not a guy that I would expect that would come in early and play right away. He's almost guaranteed to be a RS candidate and then at least another year likely growing. But playing as a RS Soph ... definitely doable.

He's got the look of a guy that has been very successful under Gary Patterson and not a shock after watching the film to see that TCU had offered him. Patterson really likes athletic guys on the edge that have very athletic backgrounds and frames that can build up to 245-260, be stout enough to hold their edges, but largely too athletic for offensive linemen.

So he’s Bryce Sterk? Awesome.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    TTJ said:

Tequilla said:

So I just watched his film and while I don't think he's an elite prospect, I see a lot to work with:

He looks like he's in that 6'4" 225 range that is listed on his HUDL. He clearly dwarfs Pete in the side by side pictures.

There's room for him to grow physically and obviously #BodyBySocha will help him get up to that 250 range that I think you'd ideally like him to get to.

He's got a motor and for a HS defender that's a huge thing that I look at as that's a significant part of being successful at the next level and a key to our defense on the whole where everybody being asked to "Do Their Job" comes into play. A lot of the highlights show teams that run their plays away from him and his pursuit tracks down the plays.

He's not a guy that I would expect that would come in early and play right away. He's almost guaranteed to be a RS candidate and then at least another year likely growing. But playing as a RS Soph ... definitely doable.

He's got the look of a guy that has been very successful under Gary Patterson and not a shock after watching the film to see that TCU had offered him. Patterson really likes athletic guys on the edge that have very athletic backgrounds and frames that can build up to 245-260, be stout enough to hold their edges, but largely too athletic for offensive linemen.

So he’s Bryce Sterk? Awesome.
    Im not super excited about this guy but let's not get all retarded here.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Just got offered by Norte Dame