Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show your support for what this community means to you:

Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Take a look around and join the community. Have a topic? Join us and start a thread.

Ed Chang Decommits

2»

Comments

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Posts: 881
    250 Answers 500 Up Votes 500 Awesomes Fourth Anniversary
    With regards to Sorn, he's a clear redshirt candidate teams take a chance on, with the hope he matures physically, ie hits the weights, establishes solid post, shooting game, etc. If things don't work out, you sit him and get a transfer in a year or two. Very few teams play all 13 players on scholarship. Next year they will still have the opportunity to sign at least 4 players considering Thybulle, Dickerson, Green and Crisp will all be leaving. If Nowell has a break out season, expect a fifth, so picking up someone like Sorn isn't going to have a huge impact on the roster.
    backthepackRDR
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Posts: 17,793
    10000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes
    edited April 13
    Any word on why Chang decommitted?
  • backthepackbackthepack Posts: 6,611
    5000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Any word on why Chang decommitted?

Grades and he's meh.

With regards to Sorn, he's a clear redshirt candidate teams take a chance on, with the hope he matures physically, ie hits the weights, establishes solid post, shooting game, etc. If things don't work out, you sit him and get a transfer in a year or two. Very few teams play all 13 players on scholarship. Next year they will still have the opportunity to sign at least 4 players considering Thybulle, Dickerson, Green and Crisp will all be leaving. If Nowell has a break out season, expect a fifth, so picking up someone like Sorn isn't going to have a huge impact on the roster.

No. He's the basketball equivalent of Kyler Fucking Manu. He fucking sucks. He's uncoordinated, unskilled, soft, and unathletic white piece of shit. He's only good at being tall. We need developmental bigs like BPJ not a 7'3 white stiff from Richland.
  • TequillaTequilla Posts: 14,377
    10000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes

No. He's the basketball equivalent of Kyler Fucking Manu. He fucking sucks. He's uncoordinated, unskilled, soft, and unathletic white piece of shit. He's only good at being tall. We need developmental bigs like BPJ not a 7'3 white stiff from Richland.
    Why don’t you tell us how you really feel?
    backthepack
    Tequilla said:

White people are worthless at basketball unless they can shoot.
    SonnyShackelfordTequillajhfstyle24
  • I had been of the understanding that Sorn would come here as a Walk-on. Emmett Matthews is probably the best choice for this open scholarship, or just anyone that can handle the ball and score a few points.
    backthepackRDR
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Posts: 8,206
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes

I had been of the understanding that Sorn would come here as a Walk-on. Emmett Matthews is probably the best choice for this open scholarship, or just anyone that can handle the ball and score a few points.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere a month ago that Sorn is walking on

I had been of the understanding that Sorn would come here as a Walk-on. Emmett Matthews is probably the best choice for this open scholarship, or just anyone that can handle the ball and score a few points.

In that case fine. I'll take a 7"3 walk on.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Posts: 4,311
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    I cant beleive there are this many posts in an Ed Chang thread.
    SonnyShackelfordNeighbor2972
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Posts: 9,937
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes

In that case fine. I'll take a 7"3 135lbs walk on.
    *tweek*
    backthepack
  • Tequilla said:

White people are worthless at basketball unless they can shoot.
    Is this coming from an Asian dude?

In that case fine. I'll take a 7"3 135lbs walk on.
    *tweek*
    Better than Greg Bowman.
    ThomasFremont