Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

'Crock of Shit' - Classic Confirmation Bias

pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,680
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
edited April 2018 in Tug Tavern
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG_QNYohMhY

At least 24 hours before seeing this video, my pea-brain determined there was no logical reason for Assad to launch a chemical attack on his own people - THE DAY - DJT indicated he would draw down forces operating in Syria.

For reference to the point: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/02/rfk-jr-why-arabs-dont-trust-america-213601

We must remember, Assad is not a radical per se. He was working to be a western trained medical doctor before he was called home to be heir to the throne after his older brother died in a freak accident.

He may be ruthless, but he's not stupid or crazy. It doesn't make any logical sense why he would initiate an attack that he can be certain would provoke a response from the west - namely the US.

Just like the last time there was a chemical attack - allegedly - there was a massive drawdown of fighting going on in the country. There legitimately was an end in sight. How could he be so foolish?

There coudn't be less of a reason to provoke the West into a fight. It's a crock of shit.

Comments

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Salient points

The Shah was ruthless too. Turns out he had a reason to be. Now we have ruthless mullahs that hate us

I thought we agreed that the devil Saddam was better than the devils that replaced him but now we want to do it again?

You can never argue with Salient Points.

Dictators are going to dictate.

I snicker when I hear his brother was killed in a freak accident ...
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Salient points

The Shah was ruthless too. Turns out he had a reason to be. Now we have ruthless mullahs that hate us

I thought we agreed that the devil Saddam was better than the devils that replaced him but now we want to do it again?

The Syrian rebels will turn into ISI.... wait....
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Salient points

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Salient points

It’s different this time
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Salient points

pawz never agreed with that. His purple finger sig photo confirmed it. There's so much freedom in Iraq without Saddam that it makes the whole 20 year shit show worthwhile.

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Salient points

The Syrian rebels will turn into ISI.... wait....
    Only if you call the moderate and ship them lots of guns through an Al Qaeda operative.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

dflea said:

Salient points

pawz never agreed with that. His purple finger sig photo confirmed it. There's so much freedom in Iraq without Saddam that it makes the whole 20 year shit show worthwhile.

I'm man enough to admit when I was wrong. I was wrong about Iraq, and I'm not buying the dog-and-pony show with Syria now.
    #MeToo
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,680
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    More confirmation bias.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited April 2018

Salient points

Rinse and repeat. We seem to struggle with this particular lesson. OBK has a good poast in this a while back. There are some regions of the globe that are not ready to live the way we live. Unevolved if you will. While they are, they seem to be most stable with an iron fisted leader - one who organically rose to power from within their society - in charge.