Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

USC Football Injury Report

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
https://reignoftroy.com/2018/04/05/usc-football-injury-report-jordan-iosefa-out-spring-camp-45/

hursday’s USC Football injury report includes the news that linebacker Jordan Iosefa will miss the remainder of Spring Camp due to a knee injury.

After Jordan Iosefa came off the practice field limping on Tuesday, Clay Helton described the injury as a twisted knee. However, new information from the head coach revealed on Thursday that the problem is a bit more than that.

Iosefa dislocated his knee cap. When it went back into place, it tore off a piece of cartilage, which now needs fixing.

Thankfully, the surgery required to clean up the cartilage is minor and will only keep Iosefa out for three to four weeks. Unfortunately, that means the linebacker will miss the remainder of Spring Camp, which ends next week. He will be fully healthy by the time summer workouts begin.
USC Football Injury Report:

Out for spring: LB Oluwole Betiku (hip), RB Stephen Carr (back), TE Daniel Imatorbhebhe (hip), LB Jordan Iosefa (knee), DL Jacob Lichtenstein (knee), DL Marlon Tuipulotu (back)
Out: TE Austin Applebee (undisclosed), RB Dominic Davis (dizziness), OL Brett Neilon (ankle), DL Brandon Pili (ankle)
Limited: CB Je’Quari Godfrey (hamstring), CB Greg Johnson (shoulder), LB Tayler Katoa (knee), OL Toa Lobendahn (knee), S Isaiah Pola-Mao (shoulder)

Iosefa’s absence will open some opportunities for USC’s remaining outside linebackers, including spring enrollee Kana’i Mauga and sophomore Juliano Falaniko. The Trojans have also turned to inside linebacker Levi Jones, who double-trained at the position last year.

Though Iosefa’s injury will keep him out for a month, the same fortunately can’t be said for right tackle Chuma Edoga, who was also pulled from Tuesday’s practice with a lower back concern. The senior lineman was back in action on Thursday no worse for wear.

At wide receiver, the Trojans seem to be taking more of a precaution with Michael Pittman and Josh Imatorbhebhe. Pittman suited up but was not cleared for contact as he continues to deal with a shoulder sprain from earlier in camp. Imatorbhebhe was able to participate but he was back in a gold non-contact jersey.

Meanwhile, both center Brett Neilon and nose tackle Brandon Pili continued to sit out on Thursday with ankle injuries they suffered last week.

T_T

Comments

• SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Their locker room is turning into an infirmary.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I know it's a running joke/meme with USC injuries under Ivan ... but man for man is it really that much worse than any other Pac 12 team?
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Gladstone said:

https://reignoftroy.com/2018/04/05/usc-football-injury-report-jordan-iosefa-out-spring-camp-45/

hursday’s USC Football injury report includes the news that linebacker Jordan Iosefa will miss the remainder of Spring Camp due to a knee injury.

After Jordan Iosefa came off the practice field limping on Tuesday, Clay Helton described the injury as a twisted knee. However, new information from the head coach revealed on Thursday that the problem is a bit more than that.

Iosefa dislocated his knee cap. When it went back into place, it tore off a piece of cartilage, which now needs fixing.

Thankfully, the surgery required to clean up the cartilage is minor and will only keep Iosefa out for three to four weeks. Unfortunately, that means the linebacker will miss the remainder of Spring Camp, which ends next week. He will be fully healthy by the time summer workouts begin.
    USC Football Injury Report:

Out for spring: LB Oluwole Betiku (hip), RB Stephen Carr (back), TE Daniel Imatorbhebhe (hip), LB Jordan Iosefa (knee), DL Jacob Lichtenstein (knee), DL Marlon Tuipulotu (back)
    Out: TE Austin Applebee (undisclosed), RB Dominic Davis (dizziness), OL Brett Neilon (ankle), DL Brandon Pili (ankle)
    Limited: CB Je’Quari Godfrey (hamstring), CB Greg Johnson (shoulder), LB Tayler Katoa (knee), OL Toa Lobendahn (knee), S Isaiah Pola-Mao (shoulder)

Iosefa’s absence will open some opportunities for USC’s remaining outside linebackers, including spring enrollee Kana’i Mauga and sophomore Juliano Falaniko. The Trojans have also turned to inside linebacker Levi Jones, who double-trained at the position last year.

Though Iosefa’s injury will keep him out for a month, the same fortunately can’t be said for right tackle Chuma Edoga, who was also pulled from Tuesday’s practice with a lower back concern. The senior lineman was back in action on Thursday no worse for wear.

At wide receiver, the Trojans seem to be taking more of a precaution with Michael Pittman and Josh Imatorbhebhe. Pittman suited up but was not cleared for contact as he continues to deal with a shoulder sprain from earlier in camp. Imatorbhebhe was able to participate but he was back in a gold non-contact jersey.

Meanwhile, both center Brett Neilon and nose tackle Brandon Pili continued to sit out on Thursday with ankle injuries they suffered last week.

T_T

I blame Sark's influence for that one
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I love giving Ivan shit about this trend as much as the next fucktard. But really, it has as much to do with USC’s redshirting infrequency as with their S&C program. True frosh get hurt.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TTJ said:

I love giving Ivan shit about this trend as much as the next fucktard. But really, it has as much to do with USC’s redshirting infrequency as with their S&C program. True frosh get hurt.

And true frosh have to okay when the guys in front of them get hurt.

#TheIvanCycle
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I remember that Pili kid haha. Went to Westview after coming from Alaska or something. He got tons of offers I believe.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

TTJ said:

And true frosh have to okay when the guys in front of them get hurt.

#TheIvanCycle