Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How is Larry Scott a shitty commissioner? Update

Comments

• AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Meek said:

it's actually at the point where the entire thing is no longer frustrating but just like we're watching a police chase on live tv where you wonder how much longer this guy can keep going with this network.

literally the only fans who can possibly continue to care about the Pac12 Networks are the ones whose teams are the conference drecks that can't get on ESPN or FS1, but those schools are tiny and inconsequential so really there is nothing about Scott's strategy that matters to any of the fans.

Every now and then Wilner would poast something about the "great studio shows on the Pac12 Network"....I had the network for 3 years and I could never figure out when these shows were...i don't think they were consistently scheduled so, again, nobody cares.

Anyway, Wilner did a column on these numbers a couple days ago and what caught my eye was that literally the 2 worst performing networks were Pac12 and the Tennis Channel...that made me laugh.

Everyone in the conference should care. Our allocated revenue from the TV contracts continue to fall well below initial projections, and we still have a game or two every year that is shown on this network that allegedly exists, which hurts our profile.
    You are right Green. Scott is really hurting this conference. It's at Defcon 4, and that should worry everybody concerned
    Defcon 4? Try Defcon 1, poopy.

Goodbye, Moon
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xef60FAN6Vk
    on my current Spotify playlist, because I can't listen to vinyl on my boat
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Live footage of Larry Scott running the Pac-12 Network

CNN is your source?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The two biggest mistakes were made out of the gate.

Insisting that the PAC 12, who had no experience nor clue on how to own, market or run a TV network, own market and operate a TV network.

Not doing what it took to get Directv on board at the very beginning, when Comcast signed on.

Now it's time to sell it to FSN or NBC/COMCAST, or it will eventually get to a point where it will COST the conference $$$ to keep the lights on.

• CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I must have missed the “NASCAR Jr Truck Racing Channel.”

Clearly they are above PAC 12.

Diversity, Title 9, winning hearts and minds!!
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

If I could call for a death it would be Larry Scott. That fucking idiot.

Agreed, but can we burn the limp dick and/or lesbo PAC 12 leadership at the stake already?

Funny thing is, they honestly would have no idea why. They purposely put a fucking pussy in place to ensure Men’s sports are de-emphasized.

Fucking cunts.

And, no, I did not call for death - just pussies and dykes being burned alive - you may want to learn the difference.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Meek said:

it's actually at the point where the entire thing is no longer frustrating but just like we're watching a police chase on live tv where you wonder how much longer this guy can keep going with this network.

literally the only fans who can possibly continue to care about the Pac12 Networks are the ones whose teams are the conference drecks that can't get on ESPN or FS1, but those schools are tiny and inconsequential so really there is nothing about Scott's strategy that matters to any of the fans.

Every now and then Wilner would poast something about the "great studio shows on the Pac12 Network"....I had the network for 3 years and I could never figure out when these shows were...i don't think they were consistently scheduled so, again, nobody cares.

Anyway, Wilner did a column on these numbers a couple days ago and what caught my eye was that literally the 2 worst performing networks were Pac12 and the Tennis Channel...that made me laugh.

Everyone in the conference should care. Our allocated revenue from the TV contracts continue to fall well below initial projections, and we still have a game or two every year that is shown on this network that allegedly exists, which hurts our profile.
    You are right Green. Scott is really hurting this conference. It's at Defcon 4, and that should worry everybody concerned

I thought 5 was worst. Ok defcon 2 then. Defcon 1 would be no network dude. Nobody wants that
    Pumpy good at everything.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Bein Sports shows motorcycle racing and tape delayed French soccer. Tough to beat that

Truck racing > motorcycle racing
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Meek said:

I thought 5 was worst. Ok defcon 2 then. Defcon 1 would be no network dude. Nobody wants that
    It’s like revenge of the nerds around here.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2018
    Swaye said:

Well pup isnt a nerdy little fuck so there is no reason to know that. I wasnt a nerdy little fuck when ferris beuller took us to defcon 2 either...I could see you little turds watching that movie in early 80's and getting all excited ... pup was busy going up shirts and touching a little fuz back then. You little geekies didnt do that for another 20 years
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited April 2018

Swaye said:

Well pup isnt a nerdy little fuck so there is no reason to know that. I wasnt a nerdy little fuck when ferris beuller took us to defcon 2 either...I could see you little turds watching that movie in early 80's and getting all excited ... pup was busy going up shirts and touching a little fuz back then. You little geekies didnt do that for another 20 years
    Ferris Bueller’s Day Off was released in 1986, the same year Judas Priest released Turbo Lover, the same year Pumpy was eight.

Pumpy: Pimp or Pinocchio?