Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Gee Scott Jr, 4* 2020 WR, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 6/19)

Comments

• jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

So, Brayden Lenius/Dickey survived the “extreme vetting” of the OKG process... but Gee Scott Jr we need more tim on!!!

Great point Pete you fucking loser.

As has been elaborated in this thread, he got suspended this season for cussing out his coach. Pete probably doesn't want to have to deal with Peters 2.0. He'll wait until he gets clear evidence he's changed.
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255

So, Brayden Lenius/Dickey survived the “extreme vetting” of the OKG process... but Gee Scott Jr we need more tim on!!!

As has been elaborated in this thread, he got suspended this season for cussing out his coach. Pete probably doesn't want to have to deal with Peters 2.0. He'll wait until he gets clear evidence he's changed.
    I’d still take Marcus peters.
    I mean quite honestly I find it difficult to not agree with this take. @tequilla what do you think?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I mean quite honestly I find it difficult to not agree with this take. @tequilla what do you think?
    You take a talent like Peters every day of the week.

You pass on his BS every day of the week.

The challenge for us in recruiting is whether or not we are able to find kids that have that level of talent without the BS. And at what level does a downtick in talent but little to no BS rate higher?

The stronger the program gets the less likely we need to take chances on guys like Peters hoping that our culture will change them.

It's a difficult question for sure. We're not going to win a Natty without high end talent ... that's a fact. At the same time, nothing can torpedo a program or organization faster than losing its identity/culture.

whuggy said:

WR recruiting is about the last position to worry about.
    Missing the point, dude. First of all, you want to stack classes. You can't just stop recruiting WRs in 2021 and 2021 because 18/19 looks good. Secondly, you don't let an ELITE LOCAL PROSPECT walk unless he's the I-5 killer.

But yeah, let's not worry about this because we got two good WRs in the 18 class. You only need to WRs per three-year period, right?
    Given that WR is one of the more plentiful positions in recruiting, I'd argue that you have a greater margin to pass on guys that have questions about them.

Now, if we're talking about a BUCK, that may be a different story.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

The challenge for us in recruiting is whether or not we are able to find kids that have that level of talent without the BS. And at what level does a downtick in talent but little to no BS rate higher?

The stronger the program gets the less likely we need to take chances on guys like Peters hoping that our culture will change them.

It's a difficult question for sure. We're not going to win a Natty without high end talent ... that's a fact. At the same time, nothing can torpedo a program or organization faster than losing its identity/culture.
    Byron Murphy.
    animate said:

Tequilla said:

Byron Murphy.
    Failing to see the link here.

Murphy's fast strategy with off the field commitments that make it likely that he'll leave when it makes sense. But I haven't heard any rumors regarding Murphy that are comparable to Peters in any way, shape, or form.

Please elaborate more to what you view as a link for that comparison.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

whuggy said:

Missing the point, dude. First of all, you want to stack classes. You can't just stop recruiting WRs in 2021 and 2021 because 18/19 looks good. Secondly, you don't let an ELITE LOCAL PROSPECT walk unless he's the I-5 killer.

But yeah, let's not worry about this because we got two good WRs in the 18 class. You only need to WRs per three-year period, right?
    We want good players.

Talent + Pete's culture > questionable attitude of a 17 year old in 99% of cases.

This OKG shit is mostly fucking stupid and I think, on some level, is responsible for us not recruiting Merlin Robertson who is one of my favorite recruits of all time.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

whuggy said:

Nah you're totally missing the point so I'll spell it out for you. I'm sure Gee Scott is a fine player but with Lubick recruiting the spot I'm pretty sure we'll get receivers just as good. I don't think the other Eastside players will be influenced by whether Scott
    comes here or not. Actually I think the influence will work the other way around thus the slow play. Some of you are just gonna have to get over the idea that Pete ain't gonna jump on every prima donna that comes down the line just because of talent level. Thought that was pretty clear by now. I don't mind the slow play in the least. As always just keep winning. That will always be the best recruiting tool. And if Gee Scott ends up not wanting to play for a local winner then fuck im. Lots of time for this to play out.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

S

whuggy said:

At this point I’d take Gary Ridgeway if he could play Buck.
    Ted Bundy the GOAT or GTFO
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

S

whuggy said:

At this point I’d take Gary Ridgeway if he could play Buck.
    The I-5 killer actually did play WR though.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Shit, who gives a fuck he cursed out his coach. I would take Aaron Hernandez
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

Nah you're totally missing the point so I'll spell it out for you. I'm sure Gee Scott is a fine player but with Lubick recruiting the spot I'm pretty sure we'll get receivers just as good. I don't think the other Eastside players will be influenced by whether Scott
    comes here or not. Actually I think the influence will work the other way around thus the slow play. Some of you are just gonna have to get over the idea that Pete ain't gonna jump on every prima donna that comes down the line just because of talent level. Thought that was pretty clear by now. I don't mind the slow play in the least. As always just keep winning. That will always be the best recruiting tool. And if Gee Scott ends up not wanting to play for a local winner then fuck im. Lots of time for this to play out.
    I trust our staff .... there are things we don't know about some of these prospects that the coaches do know. Either you trust this staff or you don't and I trust them !
    Yeah yeah Dennis I get the sarcasm;just seems to me you're spazzing out a little early. This one has a long way to go with probably lots of twists and turns considering the kid and family don't seem like rock solid types. Winning will make up
    a lot of ground that wasn't gained with an early offer. I get the whole trust the coaches snark but even you wouldn't deny the trend in recruiting is nothing but up.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

animate said:

Tequilla said:

Byron Murphy.
    Failing to see the link here.

Murphy's fast strategy with off the field commitments that make it likely that he'll leave when it makes sense. But I haven't heard any rumors regarding Murphy that are comparable to Peters in any way, shape, or form.

Please elaborate more to what you view as a link for that comparison.
    I was agreeing with your point and using Byron Murphy as an example. High end talent without the drama ... except I just remembered he has a kid now or something like that. But I don't remember reading much about him being identifiable as fast strategy kinda kid ...

Oh well, the point being that Murphy just comes here, kicks ass, gets coached and develops, little to no drama ... he redshirts and wins the scout team award ... Petersen coaches, doesn't have to worry about providing adult supervision or extra babysitting and moves on with the team.

I know Dennis is going to fucking hate me for saying this but winning cures everything.

This allows Petersen to do shit like be stupidly selective and it drive Dennis (and Coker) nuts because it looks like he's purposefully ignoring the important local talent.

yeah, maybe he doesn't want to get too involved with the FSP/Heir stuff ... but whatever, he's winning, the talent will come to him. If there's leakage there's leakage. I'm sure i'll hear about it from HH.

I'll also be willing to bet that Petersen and staff are getting feedback from this site even though they probably won't admit it ... Petersen is a details guy and he wouldn't stick his head in the sand about anything to do with recruiting.