Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Forcing Aliotti into Early Retirement - The Most we can Hope to Achieve in the Offseason?

Helfrich obviously won't get canned after a year. At the very least we can get rid of Aliotti. It would be a small victory and one step in the right direction.

Comments

• Unfortunately you just won 10 games so I doubt anything happens.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2013

Unfortunately you just won 10 games so I doubt anything happens.

Nick's defense looked shitty in the last 4 games. Along with the stupid comments he made about Leach after the coug game, showing himself to be out of touch with mixed up priorities (he gets totally pissed that Leach ruined his precious stats, then he laughs and jokes about the AZ blowout), he might have hammered the nails into his own coffin. We can only hope.

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    I don't think anything happens. Nick seems like he'd just bulldoze Slingblade anyway.

The next major change will be Frost leaving to be a HC at a small school or Slingblade's firing.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2013
    I don't think Allioti is the problem. Our defense was fine until teams figured out how shitty our linebackers were. Our linebackers are basically converted safeties. Isn't our middle backer like 215 pounds or something?

These fucking backers we have run through the wrong holes, they can't read for shit, and they catch the ball carrier instead of laying pad.

Blame Allioti for the lack of talent this year, fair enough. However, any team that loses Michael Clay and the legend that is Kiko Alonso will have a tough follow up year to get some experience. Now if the linebackers play just as bad next year, then yes, it's ass door out. You should only have one adjustment year per a position crop.

My biggest concern is on the offensive side of the ball. We were flat out sloppy. I have never seen an Oregon team get so many false starts. Let's also not ignore the horrible play calling. Who throws the ball 4 fucking times on 4th and 2 or less in a game, especially an Oregon team that for the last fours years has pride itself on running the damn football.

Now you got me all agitated. I miss Oregon damn it!!!
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Even Bo Pelini thinks Nick Aliotti was begging to be fired.
  • FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    linebackers need some weight and the O-line does as well. Also where the hell are the pass rushers?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    We are actually only 2 sacks shy of last year's mark with still a game to play. We are way down from 2011 when we had 45. I don't think the drop off was seen last year because we were kicking the crap out of everybody but Stanford, even the bowl game. You don't really notice those things when you have a 28 point lead by halftime every week, much like how the weaknesses were overlooked early on this year.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    Anything not working toward hiring Chuck Martin is a failure. Finding a new coordinator for a shitty coach is a shitty idea.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Fucking Leach.

Screws with everyone.

Unfortunately you just won 10 games so I doubt anything happens.

Nick's defense looked shitty in the last 4 games. Along with the stupid comments he made about Leach after the coug game, showing himself to be out of touch with mixed up priorities (he gets totally pissed that Leach ruined his precious stats, then he laughs and jokes about the AZ blowout), he might have hammered the nails into his own coffin. We can only hope.

• FenwickFenwick Member Posts: 1,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    At least he does not wear stupid dorky hats and lick his lip like they were candy
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I would drag my balls through two miles of broken glass for a 1 percent chance at banging Kate Beckingsale.