Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Greatest Electric Guitar of All Time?

2»

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Write-in Option
    I've triple checked and I don't see it but I'd have to say the Keytar would be the best
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fender Strat

Why is the Rickenbacker 330 and 360 an option, but not the Rickenbacker 325?

I voted for the Telecaster because it never gets any love. Underrated guitar. Not as pretty as the Strat, but every bit as capable of playing country or rock music.

No Rickenbacker 325 because it's only 3/4 of a real guitar. You ever picked on up?
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,850
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Fender Telecaster

I voted for the Telecaster because it never gets any love. Underrated guitar. Not as pretty as the Strat, but every bit as capable of playing country or rock music.

No Rickenbacker 325 because it's only 3/4 of a real guitar. You ever picked on up?
    Once or twice. Makes it harder to play IMO.

But okay, let's try another John Lennon guitar. How about the most beautiful guitar ever made, the Gibson J-160e? Technically it's an electric guitar, just one you could also play acoustically.

I played one before, and it requires a real man to appreciate. Love the quick decaying tones on it. I'm so sick of guitar companies advertising sustain like more is always better. Big tones and quick decay sounds the best. Throw on some big strings and strum away.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fender Strat

Once or twice. Makes it harder to play IMO.

But okay, let's try another John Lennon guitar. How about the most beautiful guitar ever made, the Gibson J-160e? Technically it's an electric guitar, just one you could also play acoustically.

I played one before, and it requires a real man to appreciate. Love the quick decaying tones on it. I'm so sick of guitar companies advertising sustain like more is always better. Big tones and quick decay sounds the best. Throw on some big strings and strum away.
    Never had the opportunity to fart around with a J-160 but it was used on some of my most favorite Beatles songs so much respect...

I love Rickenbackers aesthetically speaking. I used to have a 330 six string just because I though it looked so cool. Ended up trading it in for a nice Taylor dreadnought because I never played it that much. Ultimately, I liked how Strats and Teles sounded much better. Rickenbackers are definitely more of a niche sound.

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Fender Strat
    no love for the gretsch?