Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Noa Ngalu, 2019 3* DT, Menlo Park (Menlo-Atherton), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    animate said:

animate said:

animate said:

Hmmnn, have to watch him again. Honestly, his tape didn't blow my mind .. .

What the fuck do you need then? He's incredible.
    He looked good .. For high school.
    Um..... I’d guess this is a compliment since he’s, I don’t know, a junior in high school?
    Yes, thanks captain obvious.

The inference that he may not project as well post high school compared to other prospects like saama or apu.

Apart from his running ability. That's impressive.

I wouldn't turn him down but I want to see 6'4-5" 350 being moulded by the program and see how he turns out. I'm not that thrilled by qualls 2.0 in our system at this point
    You’re not wrong. And I’m right there with you on Saama and Apu. Gimme them elite fatties.

That said, this kid looks fucking awesome. And Aaron Donald never let being 6’0” 280 lbs fuck with him. I’m not saying Ngalu is Donald, but this kid is awesome.

And not just for high school.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2018

animate said:

animate said:

animate said:

Um..... I’d guess this is a compliment since he’s, I don’t know, a junior in high school?

The inference that he may not project as well post high school compared to other prospects like saama or apu.

I wouldn't turn him down but I want to see 6'4-5" 350 being moulded by the program and see how he turns out. I'm not that thrilled by qualls 2.0 in our system at this point
    You’re not wrong. And I’m right there with you on Saama and Apu. Gimme them elite fatties.

That said, this kid looks fucking awesome. And Aaron Donald never let being 6’0” 280 lbs fuck with him. I’m not saying Ngalu is Donald, but this kid is awesome.

You fucking said Aaron Donald! That's some kind of comparison ... That being said I'd maybe take Aaron Donald. Maybe..
    animate said:

animate said:

animate said:

animate said:

You fucking said Aaron Donald! That's some kind of comparison ... That being said I'd maybe take Aaron Donald. Maybe..
    I didn’t say he was Aaron Donald, so don’t twist.

I just said that Ngalu being 6’2” 265 instead of 6’5” 340 doesn’t mean he’s can’t be a badass. Rewatch the hudl. The kid can play.
    Now all this said, I’d love to get him or Bandes along with Saama and Apu. Elite fatties and some guys that can move around the line.
  • ZombieBallzZombieBallz Member Posts: 78
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2018
    TTJ said:

animate said:

I'm not that thrilled by qualls 2.0 in our system at this point

No idea about Ngalu. But Qualls was a fucking stud. Led UW to the CFP and left early for the draft. If the World Champion Eagles aren’t too good for Qualls, how can UW be?
    Because we are looking for D-lineman who will be drafted higher than the 6th round. Our best D-lineman being 6th round picks gets our asses kicked in the CFP.
    @Ice_Holmvik You and @dnc gonna start jerking each other off now?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

@Ice_Holmvik You and @dnc gonna start jerking each other off now?

On behalf of @Swaye - hurtful
    Does anybody here want to see a D-line at UW that is on the level of those at Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State? Do you honestly think signing the next Elijah Qualls gets us to that level? Pull your doog heads out of your doog asses and raise your fucking standards. This fucking place is becoming more an more like doogman by the day. You can't bash the kids anymore without a bunch of fucking doogs jumping on your back for having high standards.
    dnc said:

Does anybody here want to see a D-line at UW that is on the level of those at Alabama, Clemson, and Ohio State? Do you honestly think signing the next Elijah Qualls gets us to that level? Pull your doog heads out of your doog asses and raise your fucking standards. This fucking place is becoming more an more like doogman by the day. You can't bash the kids anymore without a bunch of fucking doogs jumping on your back for having high standards.

Qualls was first team All Pac12 as a junior. If you really think we are too good for another player like that you are BallzDeepFS.

Oh.
    So what? He was a 6th round pick. He wasn't good enough. We just did fucking better this past recruiting class dumb fuck. Taimani and Letuligasenoa are both better recruits than Qualls was coming out of high school.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Qualls was first team All Pac12 as a junior. If you really think we are too good for another player like that you are BallzDeepFS.

Oh.
    So what? He was a 6th round pick. He wasn't good enough. We just did fucking better this past recruiting class dumb fuck. Taimani and Letuligasenoa are both better recruits than Qualls was coming out of high school.
    Tuli yes. Taimani no. But even if that was true, we took multiple other DL.

We absolutely would have taken Qualls in last year's class. Or this year's.

You care way too fucking much about the NFL draft.
    Taimani is way better than Qualls was in high school and is arguably a better recruit than Tuli because of his quickness. Both better than Qualls though without question. I even think Mosiah Liu is better than Qualls coming out of high school. He's a little bit taller. He's bigger and leaner than Qualls was with the same amount of quickness and also played RB and LB in high school so the athleticism is there as well.

In a class like last class in which they took 4-5 defensive lineman then yeah Qualls would probably be a take but in a class when they are only looking to take 2-3 then Qualls would be a plan B kind of guy at this point in the program's development.

Yeah the NFL draft fucking matters because it tells you what the experts in the sport of football think about a guy. Sure they make mistakes here and there but usually elite guys don't fall to the 6th round. If you want to just talk college fine. In Qualls last season when he was 1st-team All-Pac-12 he wouldn't have even been a starter for any of the other Playoff teams. Yes, he was a good player for us but we are trying to do better and can do better.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Not saying ngalu can't be good. He's impressive for sure. If he currently has value added co-recruiting other polys then I understand.

I'm just saying that our current recruiting trajectory allows us to probably get the "elite fatties" with super high ceilings compared to just 3-4 years back.

Qualls no doubt turned out well, a testament to him.

But, fuck me, we have the ability to get Vea sized talents right outta high school before they meet Socha.

Give those guys a few years to grow, mature and holy shit.

Someone here was commenting about how "fat" Bandes looked at one of the major camps as kind of a put down. Actually I think that was ballzdeep.

Then either huffman or biggins or some other professional tbs'er said Bandes was one of the best dline prospects he's seen in the last 10 years.

Give that kind of kid a chance to develop and watch the carnage.

So, forgive me for shooting for the moon. We've got NASA now. Not the North Korean space agency (although those guys are doing better too)
    dnc said:

You guys act like Qualls was some low rated try hard kid who overachieved and turned himself into something decent. He was a four star on every recruiting service, #96 overall on 247, #117 overall on ESPN, #114 on the composite. Get the fuck out of here with this Mosiah Liu is a better recruit shit.

I have no clue about Ngala, though I trust Coker's evaluation over the rest of you. I know Qualls was exactly the kind of recruit we all NTD, BB over.

And if we're using the NFL Draft as a guideline, Qualls was the 13th DT taken. You are out of your fucking mind if you think we're too good for the 13th best DT in the country.

He was overrated by the recruiting services coming out of high school. They rated him high because of his quickness and athleticism but they were under the impression he was 6'2. Not 6'0 with T-Rex arms. Physically, Liu is a better prospect than Qualls was without question and would have been a 4-star recruit had he stayed in California and done the camp circuit. Qualls wasn't the 13th best DT in the nation. There were younger DT's in the country who weren't eligible for the draft or decided to stay another year who were better them him as well. UW is about to put the #1 DT in the nation in the NFL. Why the fuck can't we do better than fucking Qualls?
    Taimani is way better than Qualls was in high school and is arguably a better recruit than Tuli because of his quickness. Both better than Qualls though without question. I even think Mosiah Liu is better than Qualls coming out of high school. He's a little bit taller. He's bigger and leaner than Qualls was with the same amount of quickness and also played RB and LB in high school so the athleticism is there as well.

In a class like last class in which they took 4-5 defensive lineman then yeah Qualls would probably be a take but in a class when they are only looking to take 2-3 then Qualls would be a plan B kind of guy at this point in the program's development.

Yeah the NFL draft fucking matters because it tells you what the experts in the sport of football think about a guy. Sure they make mistakes here and there but usually elite guys don't fall to the 6th round. If you want to just talk college fine. In Qualls last season when he was 1st-team All-Pac-12 he wouldn't have even been a starter for any of the other Playoff teams. Yes, he was a good player for us but we are trying to do better and can do better.