Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

College Basketball needs to die

haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
Swaye's Wigwam
It’s only relevant because some shitty 10k student pop liberal arts schools can make a run because it’s single elimination. “Oh they’re the Retrievers that’s so fucking awesome their alums will have something to remember when they serv Terp grads their coffee!!!!”

CFB shits all over this.

WSU Fan: “Expand the cfb playoffs!!!!!”

Yeah dip fuck, the entire cfb season is basically single elim, yet you have to prove over an extended period you are worthy. Not 4 fucking shitty games.

Lose to Cal and and Arizona and bend over for your dAgW masters you don’t deserve any fucking recognition for anything. Lose to ASU self coached and then Intellectual Brutality and you only deserve some national pub getting stomped by a pseudo playoff team. Nothing more.

College football is for winners. College basketball is for small timey fags.

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,653
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2018
    The only problem with college basketball is the NBA - who needs to change their one and done rule and then implement rules like MLB. You either sign right out of high school or you're fucked until after your junior year.

Knowing you're going to have kid for at least 3 years will cause some of these coaches to actually develop players. Likewise, I'd implement something like no transfers until after the third year at a school (including a redshirt season) or if a head coach leaves.

BTW, UMBC and Loyola aren't making it to the Final Four. Same as shit teams not making it to the CFPlayoffs.

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2018

The only problem with college basketball is the NBA - who needs to change their one and done rule and then implement rules like MLB. You either sign right out of high school or you're fucked until after your junior year.

Knowing you're going to have kid for at least 3 years will cause some of these coaches to actually develop players. Likewise, I'd implement something like no transfers until after the third year at a school (including a redshirt season) or if a head coach leaves.

BTW, UMBC and Loyola aren't making it to the Final Four. Same as shit teams not making it to the CFPlayoffs.

Yeah but college football doesn’t give a fuck who you are until you’ve at least made it to your conference tournament.

By the way fuck you Central Florida. Go ahead and do lines off an Orlando hooker’s ass all you want but you beat fucking Memphis and Auburn. Fucking kill yourselves...

College basketball gives a bunch of attention to mid major championships and first/second round upsets in the tournament.

I actually liked college basketball when it was less teams but all colleges you respected. Georgetown, Maryland, etc.

Now it just celebrates these loser colleges.

Edit: oh, that’s kind of what you were already getting at. My hate stands.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

haie said:

Yeah but college football doesn’t give a fuck who you are until you’ve at least made it to your conference tournament.

By the way fuck you Central Florida. Go ahead and do lines off an Orlando hooker’s ass all you want but you beat fucking Memphis and Auburn. Fucking kill yourselves...

College basketball gives a bunch of attention to mid major championships and first/second round upsets in the tournament.

I actually liked college basketball when it was less teams but all colleges you respected. Georgetown, Maryland, etc.

Now it just celebrates these loser colleges.

Edit: oh, that’s kind of what you were already getting at. My hate stands.
    Step away from the keybored and go for a long walk.
    Only if Tequilla is there walking with me preaching about corporate synergy.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    You sound angry
    Swaye's Wigwam

You sound angry

The icing on the cake today is that Portland loses to the loser Clippers.

But I’ve had some amazing beer. And my alma mater is a playoff program with a coach that gives a fuck. Can’t really complain.
  • IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Better idea would be following an NHL style draft, where everyone is eligible at 18 but players stay in college until the pro team actually wants to sign them. Until then they're a tradeable asset on a sheet.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

It’s only relevant because some shitty 10k student pop liberal arts schools can make a run because it’s single elimination. “Oh they’re the Retrievers that’s so fucking awesome their alums will have something to remember when they serv Terp grads their coffee!!!!”

CFB shits all over this.

Yeah dip fuck, the entire cfb season is basically single elim, yet you have to prove over an extended period you are worthy. Not 4 fucking shitty games.

Lose to Cal and and Arizona and bend over for your dAgW masters you don’t deserve any fucking recognition for anything. Lose to ASU self coached and then Intellectual Brutality and you only deserve some national pub getting stomped by a pseudo playoff team. Nothing more.

Chinned, classic Haie here.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    haie said:

CFB shits all over this.

The NCAA tournament is the best postseason in all of sports. You must have had Virginia winning your bracket. That is the only explanation for your incoherent rambling.

haie said:

CFB shits all over this.

The NCAA tournament is the best postseason in all of sports. You must have had Virginia winning your bracket. That is the only explanation for your incoherent rambling.
    I'd agree to the extent that the Opening weekend (Thursday thru Sunday) is the best. Haven't fully bought in yet on the play-in games.

As the tournament wears on, the cream usually rises to the top and it's still the same old 12 or 13 teams cycling through. This year appears to be a little different so the interest will extend thru Friday night.

The Final Four is on par with the NBA Finals, imo. Below the Super Bowl and (though I don't give a shit about golf), The Masters. The College Football Championship game is probably right in between the Final Four/NBA and the Super Bowl/Masters.

NOGAF about the World Series or anything related to soccer.

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

haie said:

CFB shits all over this.

I'd agree to the extent that the Opening weekend (Thursday thru Sunday) is the best. Haven't fully bought in yet on the play-in games.

As the tournament wears on, the cream usually rises to the top and it's still the same old 12 or 13 teams cycling through. This year appears to be a little different so the interest will extend thru Friday night.

The Final Four is on par with the NBA Finals, imo. Below the Super Bowl and (though I don't give a shit about golf), The Masters. The College Football Championship game is probably right in between the Final Four/NBA and the Super Bowl/Masters.

Absolutely agree. The opening Thursday through Sunday tilts puts it over the top. If they got rid of the play in games, I think it only makes it better.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

haie said:

CFB shits all over this.

Upvoted but still, Masters way too high!
  • phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Some of you have a lot of hate in your life.
    dnc said:

haie said:

CFB shits all over this.

Upvoted but still, Masters way too high!
    I factored in all the fags who like to hold their shaft all weekend.