Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Which Huskies were you most excited about that never panned out?

Comments

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2018

I think you guys need to look up "panned out". Jason Shelley panned out. He just couldn't stay on the team.

The biggest single disappointment of which I'm aware in the modern era is Mike Lustyk.

Tempting to say Paul Arnold, but again, look up "panned out". Arnold had back problems pretty much the entire time he was at Washington. That he was able to salvage something of his career by playing some semi-respectable receiver while being a shell of his athletic self tells you what a specimen that guy was.

I used to go to picture day. It's what I liked to do. You'd go and meet guys like Ben Mahdavi and say to yourself "that dude is Ben Mahdavi?" and wonder how the fuck they can shine on Saturdays with that body. I had a similar reaction to meeting Charles Frederick.

I did not have that reaction when I met Paul Arnold. Sitting down and relaxing, the guy's athleticism was just stand-out obvious. What a fucking shame with him. Nice kid too.

Whoever lists paul arnold is a fucking tard-fish newbie...or baabs. Btw, skill guys are small dudes sometimes unless from the SEC. pads make guys look big...hello!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I think you guys need to look up "panned out". Jason Shelley panned out. He just couldn't stay on the team.

The biggest single disappointment of which I'm aware in the modern era is Mike Lustyk.

Tempting to say Paul Arnold, but again, look up "panned out". Arnold had back problems pretty much the entire time he was at Washington. That he was able to salvage something of his career by playing some semi-respectable receiver while being a shell of his athletic self tells you what a specimen that guy was.

I used to go to picture day. It's what I liked to do. You'd go and meet guys like Ben Mahdavi and say to yourself "that dude is Ben Mahdavi?" and wonder how the fuck they can shine on Saturdays with that body. I had a similar reaction to meeting Charles Frederick.

I did not have that reaction when I met Paul Arnold. Sitting down and relaxing, the guy's athleticism was just stand-out obvious. What a fucking shame with him. Nice kid too.

Whoever lists paul arnold is a fucking tard-fish newbie...or baabs. Btw, skill guys are small dudes sometimes unless from the SEC. pads make guys look big...hello!
    No!!!!!
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2018

gonna get downboated to bolivian for this but ronnie fouch, thought he was going to be 100x the qb lockner was.

i could be right, i could be wrong but fuck he sucked.

That is actually insane that you ever thought that at any point in time
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

"Uh, Chambers played well when given opportunity. Aside from his mental problems, blame the coach, qb and shitty team around him." Fogerson?

I recall an interview on KJR where Craig Chambers talked about how we? covered the spread, I believe in a loss. And how that was a good thing. I believe the interview was with Mitch "Massage my meat in the Morning" Levy. Anyone else with the same recollection? He was initially recruited by Slick Ricky so not surprising he had the spread on his mind at all times.
  • Options
    SaracenSaracen Member Posts: 269
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Not panning out via almost zero return while at UW: Most of the 2013 recruiting class

Not panning out via results not being near the hype: Kenny James
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Some of the guys mentioned surprise me.

Kenny James being sub average was no surprise to me. Everyone lies about their 40 time and his recruiting profile had him at 4.6+. He was 4.7+ in reality.

Jori Fogerson had some decent all around skills but was slightly built and slow. He exceeded my expectations just by seeing the field.

Jonnie Kirton was mentioned in this thread? Damn. An oversized 2* running back recruited for no apparent reason. He almost surprised me at tight end and again later on the DL, but it still never made sense to me why it was so necessary to recruit him when he was never going to play the only position that he stood out at in high school.
  • Options

"Uh, Chambers played well when given opportunity. Aside from his mental problems, blame the coach, qb and shitty team around him." Fogerson?

I recall an interview on KJR where Craig Chambers talked about how we? covered the spread, I believe in a loss. And how that was a good thing. I believe the interview was with Mitch "Massage my meat in the Morning" Levy. Anyone else with the same recollection? He was initially recruited by Slick Ricky so not surprising he had the spread on his mind at all times.

James Sample.

When asked during the Army All-American event what kind of game he'll bring on Saturdays to Montlake he answered "hard hitting."

He was my instant fav from 2011 class right then.

Looking back, that class was actually pretty damn good:

James Sample
    Danny Shelton
    Marcus Peters
    Bishop Sankey
    Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    Kasen Williams
    Josh Perkins
    Travis Feeney
    Marvin Hall
    Jamaal Jones
    Taniela Tupou

11 NFL players.

Who was blocking for all these nfl players?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

James Sample.

When asked during the Army All-American event what kind of game he'll bring on Saturdays to Montlake he answered "hard hitting."

James Sample
    Danny Shelton
    Marcus Peters
    Bishop Sankey
    Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    Kasen Williams
    Josh Perkins
    Travis Feeney
    Marvin Hall
    Jamaal Jones
    Taniela Tupou

11 NFL players.

Most of them were defenders
  • Options
    dnc said:

James Sample.

James Sample
    Danny Shelton
    Marcus Peters
    Bishop Sankey
    Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    Kasen Williams
    Josh Perkins
    Travis Feeney
    Marvin Hall
    Jamaal Jones
    Taniela Tupou

11 NFL players.

Dnc, there's a subtle point in there....guess u missed it
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

Paul Arnold

WTF? He beat colorado for RN on road in case u forgot. His best game as tb imho. Why the arnold hate? Idiots
    No hate. He just didn’t achieve the level of greatness he was supposed to. Not really his fault, but he was advertised as one of the best to ever sign at UW back in the day.
  • Options
    JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

James Sample.

James Sample
    Danny Shelton
    Marcus Peters
    Bishop Sankey
    Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    Kasen Williams
    Josh Perkins
    Travis Feeney
    Marvin Hall
    Jamaal Jones
    Taniela Tupou

11 NFL players.

Dnc, there's a subtle point in there....guess u missed it

DNC bad at everything...
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

James Sample.

James Sample
    Danny Shelton
    Marcus Peters
    Bishop Sankey
    Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    Kasen Williams
    Josh Perkins
    Travis Feeney
    Marvin Hall
    Jamaal Jones
    Taniela Tupou

11 NFL players.

Yup, Pete owns his success all to Sark’s recruiting
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

For me, it would be Mike Lustyk, Kevin Ware and James Johnson.

Lendak.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,746
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    TheHB said:

TheHB said:

Paul Arnold

WTF? He beat colorado for RN on road in case u forgot. His best game as tb imho. Why the arnold hate? Idiots
    No hate. He just didn’t achieve the level of greatness he was supposed to. Not really his fault, but he was advertised as one of the best to ever sign at UW back in the day.
    He was. He had back problems. Just like Emtman had cartilage problems.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

James Sample.

James Sample
    Danny Shelton
    Marcus Peters
    Bishop Sankey
    Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    Kasen Williams
    Josh Perkins
    Travis Feeney
    Marvin Hall
    Jamaal Jones
    Taniela Tupou

11 NFL players.

Sample did pan out, he just panned out far better for American River JC and Louisville than he did for UW (or the Jacksonville Jagwires).

Sample attended Washington from 2011 to 2012. After playing in five games over two years, Sample left Washington and transferred to American River College. After one year at American River College, he transferred to the University of Louisville in 2014. He played in 13 games, recording 90 tackles and four interceptions. After the season, he entered the 2015 NFL Draft, forgoing his senior year. Sample was drafted by the Jacksonville Jaguars in the fourth round of the 2015 NFL Draft with the 104th overall pick.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gotta be lineman...

Shane Brostick
    Nathan Rhodes

or the tease types...

Matt Tui
    Grady Sizemore
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

James Sample.

James Sample
    Danny Shelton
    Marcus Peters
    Bishop Sankey
    Austin Seferian-Jenkins
    Kasen Williams
    Josh Perkins
    Travis Feeney
    Marvin Hall
    Jamaal Jones
    Taniela Tupou