Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What's going on with Markelle Fultz?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    What a clown. Hopefully UW and Romar were unaware that ASM gave Fultz money but I doubt it.

Cheating to only win 9 games is an impressive level of incompetence.

And obviously bitch boy Basnaight is still trying to defend Romar on Twitter. Unreal.

Whatever as long as Football is unaffected who gives a fuck.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

He needs more pay.

Taking $10,000 to play for Romar was dumb.

This is romar apologists worst nightmare. Which most of us knew would come out eventually. EVERYONE is dirty in college sports. I'm sure basenight with make some shit up, but i wonder if his crystal ball had fultz getting cash?
    They will say it was all Chillios and that Romar had no idea
    Basnight will also say it was all Chillios idea to hire the dad of the the number one kid coming out of HS in Porter the following year... lol lol
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    godawgst said:

He needs more pay.

This is romar apologists worst nightmare. Which most of us knew would come out eventually. EVERYONE is dirty in college sports. I'm sure basenight with make some shit up, but i wonder if his crystal ball had fultz getting cash?
    Basnight will also say it was all Chillios idea to hire the dad of the the number one kid coming out of HS in Porter the following year... lol lol
    Hiring Porter's dad was a great move. It's not cheating if it's legal. It's not like Romar was hiring guys to coach anybody up anyway, hire assistants who can bring in the most talent.

Jen did the right thing to fire Romar anyway, but hiring Porter isn't even close to making the long list of things Romar fucked up.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

What a clown. Hopefully UW and Romar were unaware that ASM gave Fultz money but I doubt it.

And obviously bitch boy Basnaight is still trying to defend Romar on Twitter. Unreal.

It'll be interesting to see what level of involvement Romar and his staff had. What ASM was doing with Fultz to "sign" him as a future client was their own arrangement, and I'm not really sure what use they would have had for Romar/Chill/whomever. At the same time, given how close the coach and recruit relationship is, there's almost no way that they didn't know this was going on, and it's probably a question of did they just look the other way, or did they have any active involvement in the scheme.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

It'll be interesting to see what level of involvement Romar and his staff had. What ASM was doing with Fultz to "sign" him as a future client was their own arrangement, and I'm not really sure what use they would have had for Romar/Chill/whomever. At the same time, given how close the coach and recruit relationship is, there's almost no way that they didn't know this was going on, and it's probably a question of did they just look the other way, or did they have any active involvement in the scheme.
    Chillous always concerned me because of his AAU/Nike conpnections and speaking to buddies in AAU coaching the guys that do it full time to make a living are typically slimy as fuck.
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Between this and now the Seattle thug at UA getting busted (again), Romar should burn.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

godawgst said:

He needs more pay.

Hiring Porter's dad was a great move. It's not cheating if it's legal. It's not like Romar was hiring guys to coach anybody up anyway, hire assistants who can bring in the most talent.

Jen did the right thing to fire Romar anyway, but hiring Porter isn't even close to making the long list of things Romar fucked up.
    Legal yes ... but clearly shady and exploiting a loophole

I honestly don’t care about the Porter arrangement ... was what it was. The problems with it IMO was always that LoRo used to cry foul about such arrangements because it “wasn’t doing things the right way” as an excuse to his performance (or lack thereof), then he started moving to the dark side to get the players he claimed he needed and not only didn’t win, but actually started winning less.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,770
    I have to believe UW was generally unaware of what was happening - with the caveat that maybe once Jen got wind of shenanigans, that was the stake in Romar's coffin. If that's the case, then probably a light slap from the NCAA. Hell, maybe even she cooperated with the authorities to unravel this whole fucked up mess.

No question Romar knew Chillios was a bag man.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

godawgst said:

He needs more pay.

I honestly don’t care about the Porter arrangement ... was what it was. The problems with it IMO was always that LoRo used to cry foul about such arrangements because it “wasn’t doing things the right way” as an excuse to his performance (or lack thereof), then he started moving to the dark side to get the players he claimed he needed and not only didn’t win, but actually started winning less.
    Link?

I don't ever remember him saying anything about anything like this. His sycophants sure, but I don't remember Romar whining about this.

If he did, I would agree that's fucked up. I doubt it.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

godawgst said:

He needs more pay.

Link?

I don't ever remember him saying anything about anything like this. His sycophants sure, but I don't remember Romar whining about this.

If he did, I would agree that's fucked up. I doubt it.
    You very well may be right ... the narrative advanced by supporters and media may or may not be LoRo’s exact thoughts.

What I go off of is looking at the actions instead of the words that LoRo would say. Also, let’s be honest in that with how much the media was inside his pocket, if he wanted a narrative advanced he had plenty of minions to do so for him.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,437
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No one was harder on Romar than Tequilla.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

godawgst said:

He needs more pay.

Of all the things people shouldn't bash romar for is playing within the rules to get top talent. If you are allowed to hire a coach who brings you top players there isn't anything illegal from it. That's how harden ended up at ASU rather than UW. With extra coach staff hires you may as well use one wisely.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,095
    Does Romar have subpar intelligence? As a coach, sure, but not as someone engaged in the business of college basketball. He’s played with so many former pros or semi-pro guys who are now agents that he knows how it all works. To suggest Romar didn’t know anything means he’s dumber than we thought.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

godawgst said:

He needs more pay.

Citation needed. What an outrageous claim.
  • Options
    Tequila

"The problems with it IMO was always that LoRo used to cry foul about such arrangements because it “wasn’t doing things the right way” as an excuse to his performance (or lack thereof) "

Citation fucking needed. What an outrageous claim I've never seen before.
  • Options
    BaldwinIV said:

Tequila

"The problems with it IMO was always that LoRo used to cry foul about such arrangements because it “wasn’t doing things the right way” as an excuse to his performance (or lack thereof) "

Citation fucking needed. What an outrageous claim I've never seen before.

I said it elsewhere ... the narrative constantly came from those that supported Romar ... most of those people are idiots that couldn’t think for themselves. Wouldn’t shock me at all if this narrative was advanced accordingly.

Judging by Romar’s actions he changed his tune during his career ... that’s enough circumstantial proof to me to draw a link
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    edited February 2018
    BaldwinIV said:

I'd hypothesize that after Romar refused to sign a single player in 2012, a total whiff of unparalleled proportions, he said fuck it and started playing the game. Fultz wasn't exactly subtle at all, unlike the others you could counter as local or having old connection to Romar.

Seen this before someplace, but I can’t remember