Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What position group are you most comfortable with heading into the 2018 season?

2»

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    WR
    WR should be the easiest position, and there will be five really good young prospects on the roster to go with the experienced try hards.

Good but still a bit thin at a lot of other spots like RB, S, DL, CB...
  • DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    TE
    chuck said:

WR should be the easiest position, and there will be five really good young prospects on the roster to go with the experienced try hards.

Not sure how WR is "easiest position" when the only guy you can pencil in as a starter (McClatcher) is coming off a major injury. Yes, lots of young unproven talent (Chin, Jones, Bynum, Cook, Spiker, Ozzy, Lowe) and several low-output upperclassmen (Pounds, Fuller, Baccellia).

Hopefully the cream rises. But still, no sure fire lock for a clear-cut and proven #1 option whereas TE and RB you absolutely know where your bread will be buttered.

Also with Miller back off injury; and Murphy, Joyner, Bryant, Molden and Taylor returning with experience; plus the additions of Gordon, Hampton, and Irvin, it appears CB will be pretty solid in 18.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    QB
    I hear it's 4th best in the Pac-12.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    WR

chuck said:

Not sure how WR is "easiest position" when the only guy you can pencil in as a starter (McClatcher) is coming off a major injury. Yes, lots of young unproven talent (Chin, Jones, Bynum, Cook, Spiker, Ozzy, Lowe) and several low-output upperclassmen (Pounds, Fuller, Baccellia).

Hopefully the cream rises. But still, no sure fire lock for a clear-cut and proven #1 option whereas TE and RB you absolutely know where your bread will be buttered.

Also with Miller back off injury; and Murphy, Joyner, Bryant, Molden and Taylor returning with experience; plus the additions of Gordon, Hampton, and Irvin, it appears CB will be pretty solid in 18.
    I couldn't find the words to explain why WR is the easiest position without it turning into a Tequila esque editorial. I'll just fall back on it being my opinion...though it's correct (faggy wink).

I hope Chico isn't considered a starter at WR.

Miller hasn't played a down since his injury so he's unproven. Joyner isn't a good cover corner. Bryant isn't either and is a smurf. Molden and Taylor are completely unproven. Cornerback play killed uw against decent passing offenses in 2017, and will again in 2018 if either Miller or Murphy go down and someone new doesn't step up.

I love the two headed monster at RB, but still consider that a bit thin. Both of them better stay healthy because there's shit behind them.
  • DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    TE
    chuck said:

chuck said:

I couldn't find the words to explain why WR is the easiest position without it turning into a Tequila esque editorial. I'll just fall back on it being my opinion...though it's correct (faggy wink).

Miller hasn't played a down since his injury so he's unproven. Joyner isn't a good cover corner. Bryant isn't either and is a smurf. Molden and Taylor are completely unproven. Cornerback play killed uw against decent passing offenses in 2017, and will again in 2018 if either Miller or Murphy go down and someone new doesn't step up.

I love the two headed monster at RB, but still consider that a bit thin. Both of them better stay healthy because there's shit behind them.
    Bummer, I like blow-hard editorials.

Fair points. But was it CB play that killed us? Or was it a lack of pressure/pass-rush against solid O-line play (Stanford & PSU)? Probably a combo of both...

Anyway, I think coverage was usually descent but size tended to be an issue against bigger WR's when Murphy and Miller were out. Note that bad coverage is never an issue against the famed "air-raid" because we dominate the kewgs in the trenches, apply pressure with 3 and 4 men, and destroy their quarterbacks on an annul basis. People forget about that.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    WR

chuck said:

chuck said:

Bummer, I like blow-hard editorials.

Fair points. But was it CB play that killed us? Or was it a lack of pressure/pass-rush against solid O-line play (Stanford & PSU)? Probably a combo of both...

Anyway, I think coverage was usually descent but size tended to be an issue against bigger WR's when Murphy and Miller were out. Note that bad coverage is never an issue against the famed "air-raid" because we dominate the kewgs in the trenches, apply pressure with 3 and 4 men, and destroy their quarterbacks on an annul basis. People forget about that.
    I wish more schools were running the air raid with talent that they raided Eastern's recruiting base for. UW D definitely has that dialed in.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    CB
    GREAT STUFF THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED IN THE POLL
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    OL
    OL fucktards
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417