Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Great SEC quarterbacks in the last 20 years

Comments

• BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,391
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

FIREMARSHALL, STOp.

Besides Tebow (who was arguably the best CFB player of the past twenty years), post Peyton you still have Newton, Stafford and Eli who sucked so badly they all became #1 picks, and have an MVP and a couple Super Rings to show for themselves.

QB's far from the SEC's strongest pisition of the past 20 years but it's not a wasteland either.

And let us review the Pac 12 QB's from the last 20 years. There's not many that have accomplished what those guys have in the league.

WSU- Nope
    UW- Nope
    Cal- Rodgers and Goff has potential
    Stanford- Nope
    OS- Nope
    Oregon- Nope... Mariota has had one good playoff game, And his stats suck.
    USC- Palmer... maybe
    UCLA- Nope
    Utah- Nope
    CU- Nope
    UA- Nope
    ASU- Nope

So once again the PAC 12 hangs it hat on Cal to save the day.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited February 2018
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

FIREMARSHALL, STOp.

Besides Tebow (who was arguably the best CFB player of the past twenty years), post Peyton you still have Newton, Stafford and Eli who sucked so badly they all became #1 picks, and have an MVP and a couple Super Rings to show for themselves.

QB's far from the SEC's strongest pisition of the past 20 years but it's not a wasteland either.

And let us review the Pac 12 QB's from the last 20 years. There's not many that have accomplished what those guys have in the league.

WSU- Nope
    UW- Nope
    Stanford- Nope
    OS- Nope
    USC- Palmer... maybe
    UCLA- Nope
    Utah- Nope
    CU- Nope
    UA- Nope
    ASU- Nope

I give Luck a pass. He would be considered having potential IF his shoulder gets fixed.

Mariota has to be put in the potential category. The kid has talent, he just doesn't have great weapons on the outside.

You also have Alex Smith, who I would say is below Newton and Eli, but has had about the same on field success as Stafford.

Kordell Stewart is just outside of 20 years as he was drafted in 1995, but he had a decent run in Pittsburgh.

Also, Foles has more Super Bowl titles than both Newton and Stafford. He looked pretty good to me.

Edit: Just looked back at Kordell's history. He had one phenominal year with 21 td passes and 11 rushing tds, other than that he was actually pretty shitty. The Steelers were successful despite Kordell.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

dnc said:

FIREMARSHALL, STOp.

WSU- Nope
    UW- Nope
    Stanford- Nope
    OS- Nope
    USC- Palmer... maybe
    UCLA- Nope
    Utah- Nope
    CU- Nope
    UA- Nope
    ASU- Nope

I give Luck a pass. He would be considered having potential IF his shoulder gets fixed.

Mariota has to be put in the potential category. The kid has talent, he just doesn't have great weapons on the outside.

You also have Alex Smith, who I would say is below Newton and Eli, but has had about the same on field success as Stafford.

Kordell Stewart is just outside of 20 years as he was drafted in 1995, but he had a decent run in Pittsburgh.

Also, Foles has more Super Bowl titles than both Newton and Stafford. He looked pretty good to me.

Edit: Just looked back at Kordell's history. He had one phenominal year with 21 td passes and 11 rushing tds, other than that he was actually pretty shitty. The Steelers were successful despite Kordell.
    I agree with Foles but he needs mor tim. Luck as well. I don't agree with Smith. He's held back some decent teams from winning anything. And if we're being technical neither Smith nor Stewart were Pac 10/12 QB's anyway.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,698
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

dnc said:

FIREMARSHALL, STOp.

WSU- Nope
    UW- Nope
    Stanford- Nope
    OS- Nope
    USC- Palmer... maybe
    UCLA- Nope
    Utah- Nope
    CU- Nope
    UA- Nope
    ASU- Nope

I agree with Foles but he needs mor tim. Luck as well. I don't agree with Smith. He's held back some decent teams from winning anything. And if we're being technical neither Smith nor Stewart were Pac 10/12 QB's anyway.
    Dumb.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tebow is probably the greatest college football player ever.

Cam Newton won the Heisman, NC, NFL MVP, and took his team to a Super Bowl.

How many "can't miss" QB's has USC sent out over the last 20 years that have sucked? All but Carson Palmer.

Aaron Rodgers, Palmer, and maybe Mariota. Luck showed a flash then went MIA. Foles was handed the Ferrari.

The Pac-12 sucks at football. This is nothing new.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If we're going to bash Alex Smith then I am fucking IN!

Brunell went to the league over 25 years ago but played for a good chunk of the past 20 years in the league. He was decent. Last Redskins QB to win a playoff game!
    whlinder said:

Brunell went to the league over 25 years ago but played for a good chunk of the past 20 years in the league. He was decent. Last Redskins QB to win a playoff game!

You can't retrofit players or the SEC adds another Heisman with John Foosball.

I got to watch Alex Smith and Aaron Rogers pummel Arizona in 2004 and those guys were the real deal. Holy fuck.

Rogers had Ryan Leaf/JaMarcus Russell arm strength while not being a big lumbering turd.

I've never seen a QB operate a spread option more mechanically than Smith. He looked like a fucking robot on PCP. It was mind blowing.
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

whlinder said:

You can't retrofit players or the SEC adds another Heisman with John Foosball.

I got to watch Alex Smith and Aaron Rogers pummel Arizona in 2004 and those guys were the real deal. Holy fuck.

Rogers had Ryan Leaf/JaMarcus Russell arm strength while not being a big lumbering turd.

I've never seen a QB operate a spread option more mechanically than Smith. He looked like a fucking robot on PCP. It was mind blowing.
    He was in the SEC when he won it dumbass

I stand corrected. The Pac-12 is even shittier than I though, which is extremely shitty.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    edited February 2018
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

FIREMARSHALL, STOp.

WSU- Nope
    UW- Nope
    Stanford- Nope
    OS- Nope
    USC- Palmer... maybe
    UCLA- Nope
    Utah- Nope
    CU- Nope
    UA- Nope
    ASU- Nope

It's funny how shitty Pac-12 quarterbacking actually is.
  • dongmandongman Member Posts: 2,384
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Fuck all your asses. AJ Mcarron can drop a ball in a bucket from 80 yards.

salemcoog said:

dnc said:

FIREMARSHALL, STOp.

WSU- Nope
    UW- Nope
    Stanford- Nope
    OS- Nope
    USC- Palmer... maybe
    UCLA- Nope
    Utah- Nope
    CU- Nope
    UA- Nope
    ASU- Nope

It's funny how shitty Pac-12 quarterbacking actually is.
    Ryan Leaf, Cade McNown, Akili Smith, Kyle Boller, Joey Harrington, Tui, Andrew Walters, AJ Feeley, Brock Osweiler, Matt Leinart, JDB, Mark Sanchez, Matt Cassell, TJ Ostrander, and countless other guys agree.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Tebow was a better college quarterback than any Pac-10/12 quarterback in the past 20 years.

Fuck off.

Cam and Manziel were also both better than Tebow.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    dnc said:

Besides Tebow (who was arguably the best CFB player of the past twenty years)

Mosster47 said:

Tebow is probably the greatest college football player ever.

This is such #FakeNews. Tebow was a very good college QB. And he is easily the best fullback playing QB in the modern era, but he wasn't the best anything of the past 20 years.

Newton and Vince Young were both far better college QBs.