Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Record Breaking Real Estate Sales in West Bellevue

13»

Comments

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

pawz said:

TL, DR. Jesus Pawz! You just went mathematical Tequila on us.

Yeah ... well .... Sorry, not sorry.

When you're gonna drop 8-figures on a piece of dirt, you should really do the maffs.
    Probably worth the money to watch Seattle burn to the ground from across the lake.

A lot of people coming across the lake after Seattle passed the income-tax ....

That was struck down in court almost immediately.
    pawz said:

But how did the discount broker cost their buyer SEVERAL MILLION DOLLARS ??

Sale #1 - $14,252,500
    8,200' house
    1.25 acre
    162' west-facing waterfront

Sale #2 - $21,000,000
    11,500' house
    2.6 acre
    265' west-facing waterfront

Sale #3 - $23,375,000
    8900' house (brand new)
    1.84 acre
    80' south-facing waterfront
    300' feet of view
    (I know that sounds hokey, but you would have had to see it and the lot didn't have a normal shape. A big challenge w/ a lot of waterfront lots in our area is the lots are long and narrow, creating a tunnel-vision view.)

Sale #4 - $9,000,000
    3,330' house (likely a tear down)
    0.76 acre
    89' south-facing waterfront
    (off-market transaction)

Subject Property - $26,750,000
    5,330' house (tear down)
    2.59 acre
    150' south-facing waterfront
    Long, skinny 'tunnel-vision' lot.

Houses #1, #2 and #3 were absolutely pristine. #4 is a tear-down where a neighbor added the lot to his existing estate.

#2 and #3 are the best comps. One could argue #2 was sold-under value and is an $8-$10M house. #3 is a $7-$8M house, leaving $13.5M for the dirt.

End of the day, given the Subject has to be torn down (likely putting $10-$15 in the rebuild over 3-5 years), I have a REALLY hard time valuing the Subject over $20M.

Now, would the Seller have sold for less than $26.75M? I really don't know.

How often are 2.6 acre waterfront lots listed in Medina though? I agree it seems like they overpaid, but there are only a handful of lots that size.

1) That doesn't mean people weren't looking immediately. And they still are because they don't trust Seattle politicians.

2) It is correct there are only a handful of lots that size, however that scarcity is built into the 8-figure ask ...
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

WTF cares about the prices?!? The outrage should be over all the fucking Asians about to descend on the roadways.

Might. If she ruv me rong time.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,772
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

WTF cares about the prices?!? The outrage should be over all the fucking Asians about to descend on the roadways.

Might. If she ruv me rong time.