Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Merlin Robertson, 4* 2018 LB, Gardena (Serra), CA: Only PSA From "Homies" Toy Collection.

Comments

• Options
    SaracenSaracen Member Posts: 269
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Something strange is definitely going on. Shortly after the UW tweet, his coach sent identical tweets to coaches at Oklahoma St, TCU, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, ASU, Oregon, and UCLA.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,793
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Saracen said:

Saracen said:

Something strange is definitely going on. Shortly after the UW tweet, his coach sent identical tweets to coaches at Oklahoma St, TCU, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, ASU, Oregon, and UCLA.

I think USC and Okie told him his offer isn't commitable. Something like that.
    Definitely. Oklahoma recruiting site says "we have been told that the Sooners have moved on from both Merlin Robertson and Raymond Scott"

Also of note "Sooners stopped by to see 2018 CA OLB/DE Abdul-Malik McClain. McClain’s mother tells us they will visit Washington this weekend."
    Good
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I was kind of worried about competing with Oklahoma here. Kind of weird that they don't want him though. Are they full up, or is there something happening behind the scenes with this guy that we're just not aware of? Does Kwiatkowski even follow this kid? Any indication they're not still just ignoring him?
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2018
    Committed to ASU with Aashari Crosswell
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,289
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Committed to ASU with Aashari Crosswell

Pussy > football

This guy has his priorities straight.
    ASU was probably his only decent commitable offer, but still
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This kid is really good. I don’t know what happened with his recruitment, but he’s for real.
  • Options
    purpledoogfanpurpledoogfan Member Posts: 502
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited February 2018

This kid is really good. I don’t know what happened with his recruitment, but he’s for real.

I agree Robertson is a baller and I wish we would have pursued him harder. But I think I have an idea of what happened with his recruitment based on what I saw in his commitment video. He has an infant child. Now that obviously doesn't mean he's a bad kid or anything like that but its a straight up fast strategy situation and we all know they don't end up at UW. I don't know the rest of the story but he's like 17 and in high school with a child. That probably means there's other shit going on that we're not privy to and I'm sure it turned a lot of schools off. #GardenaProblems
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I agree Robertson is a baller and I wish we would have pursued him harder. But I think I have an idea of what happened with his recruitment based on what I saw in his commitment video. He has an infant child. Now that obviously doesn't mean he's a bad kid or anything like that but its a straight up fast strategy situation and we all know they don't end up at UW. I don't know the rest of the story but he's like 17 and in high school with a child. That probably means there's other shit going on that we're not privy to and I'm sure it turned a lot of schools off. @GaryFromTeenMom Problems
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DHD said:

Really missed on this kid.

This is fucking commitment and dedication. Actually popped out a kid just to make sure that he'd have the best commitment announcement ever. That's fucking planning.

(He knows he's stuck with the kid even though the ceremony is over, right?)

Slow Strategy as fuck!
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    This guy is awesome. Why isnt he playing for us? If we could have gotten him and decided not to that is a massive fuckup.