Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Treshaun Harrison Update

Comments

• Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    dnc said:

Kind of interesting tweets from the Rainer Beach high school football twitter account just now about how UW is too good for instate kids. In my opinion none of the Rainer Beach kids we passed on this year were close to good enough for UW but the tweets seems tangentially related to Treshaun.

I get the feeling that the Rainer Beach and Garfield coaching staffs aren’t getting the love from UW coaches that they think they deserve. Whether that love is in the form of coffee cups or schollies for their players.

Doesn't Kalepo go to RB?

Fuck, this shit. I'm getting tired of the inner city SJW coaches getting butthurt about actual coaching at UW. Coming on the heels of the "Seattle basketball community" going apeshit because we dared to hire someone with a system.

At least Franklin doesn't produce anyone worth a shit anymore so I can pretend #MyFQ is above this shit.

FYFMFE
    Isn't Mario the corch at Franklin or was?
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Joey Thomas liked that tweet. Smalls is gone.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Kind of interesting tweets from the Rainer Beach high school football twitter account just now about how UW is too good for instate kids. In my opinion none of the Rainer Beach kids we passed on this year were close to good enough for UW but the tweets seems tangentially related to Treshaun.

I get the feeling that the Rainer Beach and Garfield coaching staffs aren’t getting the love from UW coaches that they think they deserve. Whether that love is in the form of coffee cups or schollies for their players.

Doesn't Kalepo go to RB?

Fuck, this shit. I'm getting tired of the inner city SJW coaches getting butthurt about actual coaching at UW. Coming on the heels of the "Seattle basketball community" going apeshit because we dared to hire someone with a system.

At least Franklin doesn't produce anyone worth a shit anymore so I can pretend #MyFQ is above this shit.

FYFMFE
    If this WASN'T coming off the heels of the basketball debacle then I'd maybe give a shit ...

But Hop is proving this in hoops and Pete obviously has proven this in football that coaching actually really matters.

Particularly in football, I feel like UW is in a position to get elite kids for the first time in 20-25+ years from up and down the West Coast. Missing in-state kids, while it sucks, isn't the end of the world anymore. And in particular, kids that perhaps historically were UW kids because our recruiting classes were at best upper half of the conference are now off the bottom of our class and going to Plan B schools.
  • Options
    SlmdawgSlmdawg Member Posts: 94
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Doesn't Kalepo go to RB?

FYFMFE
    If this WASN'T coming off the heels of the basketball debacle then I'd maybe give a shit ...

But Hop is proving this in hoops and Pete obviously has proven this in football that coaching actually really matters.

Particularly in football, I feel like UW is in a position to get elite kids for the first time in 20-25+ years from up and down the West Coast. Missing in-state kids, while it sucks, isn't the end of the world anymore. And in particular, kids that perhaps historically were UW kids because our recruiting classes were at best upper half of the conference are now off the bottom of our class and going to Plan B schools.
    There's missing on in state kids, and then there's waiting till extremely late because you assume that you can flip them anyway if you miss on the kids from California or Texas that will go to SC or some Big 12 or SEC school.

That can create bad feelings with local kids, they think that they're also-rans. Those bad feelings can become quickly contagious when we are talking about a community of ego driven teenage kids. It's a tough pill to swallow for kids that grow up loving a school to find out that local kids almost always get considered as a 2nd choice for them.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Harrison to Willie Lyles-Taggart.

COOKIT!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    whuggy said:

Joey Thomas liked that tweet. Smalls is gone.

75% Smalls goes to Washington. Parents are Husky fans.
    Isn't Smalls from Georgia or something? I was thinking he was from out of state. Maybe I got him mixed up with another local kid.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    BallzDeep said:

Who else on those Rainier Beach and Garfield teams besides Harrison, Kalepo and Smalls have Pac-12 offers? UW ain't bending over backwards to offer motherfuckers that Oregon State hasn't even offered just because they're in-state kids. Smalls was offered in 9th grade. Obviously if you're good enough, have the grades and character UW will offer you.

UW loves the in-state kids: Myles Gaskin, Salvon Ahmed, Hunter Bryant, Chico McClatcher, Trey Adams, Kaleb McGary, Drew Sample, Joe Tryon, Shane Bowman, Ryan Bowman, Taylor Rapp, Budda Baker, Austin Joyner, Isaiah Gilchrist, Benning Potoa'e, Brandon Wellington, Amandre Williams, Jusstis Warren, Jared Pulu, John Clark, Henry Roberts, Henry Bainivalu, Cade Otton, Josiah Bronson, Jacob Sirmon, MJ Ale, Mosiah Liu, Devin Culp, Kyler Gordon.

Fucking 32% of the roster is from Washington but you have to be the best of the best. If you're players are going to Eastern Washington then you ain't got shit to bitch about because they ain't good enough and the rest of the Pac-12 agrees.

YBE. Informative and persuasive. No need to play the fool.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I wish Mark Stewart would've stayed at Garfield, but I think he and his assistants decided the program was just too fucked up and fundamentally flawed to fix. Last year was an extremely down year for 3A HS football, btw, making it the perfect year for a 1-star team to win some playoff upsets like Garfield did. Then they got their asses kicked when they played a real team with solid fundys.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This all begs the question, why is Eastside Catholic in Metro, but Kennedy isn't? That seems retarded to me. Ponder this awhile.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

This all begs the question, why is Eastside Catholic in Metro, but Kennedy isn't? That seems retarded to me. Ponder this awhile.

Blatant anti southwestside bias is everywhere. Axe @CFetters_Nacho_Lover.
  • Options
    RDRRDR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

2nd gayest announcement I've ever seen. Cool boarder was thee gayest.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    So it was FSU?

• Options
    RDRRDR Member Posts: 580
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

So it was FSU?

@Swaye Yes.