Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

10th Asst. Hired... Will Harris DB Coach from SJSU

12346»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    NEsnake12 said:

Tequilla said:

For those that think I’m full of shit ... why do you think we hired a DB coach when we have recruiting deficiencies at LB (particularly OLB) and from a high end standpoint on the DL?

If those of you look at Lake and say yeah he closed everybody so GTFO with my theory ... why is Pete doubling down on THAT position group?

Good luck rationalizing that one.

Because Lake is gone after next season and Pete wants a contingency plan?
    Which is basically what I’ve been saying
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,295
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2018
    While I'd prefer him to be recruiting OLB's its not that uncommon to just have 2 DB coaches. And I assume he'll be recruiting LA, so he might be going with Kawasaki on in homes with the LA kids, which would help. I still wouldn't guarantee that Lake is leaving next year, but it does gives us an insurance policy in recruiting so kids wouldn't feel abandoned if he left.

What does excite me is the thought of Lake and Harris recruiting together, talk about some fucking swagger.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    WE NEED OLB RECRUITERS. fuck.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

For those that think I’m full of shit ... why do you think we hired a DB coach when we have recruiting deficiencies at LB (particularly OLB) and from a high end standpoint on the DL?

If those of you look at Lake and say yeah he closed everybody so GTFO with my theory ... why is Pete doubling down on THAT position group?

Huh?
  • Options
    Saracen said:

Tequilla said:

Probably because your original theory was that Lake is "damaged goods" and was hurting UW on the recruiting trail. By closing on Hampton and Gordon (with Irvin still a possibility) it exposed that despite your ramblings and bravado you actually know very little about the inner workings of the recruiting process and your assertion was completely ignorant. HTH.
    I said that depending how things played out with Hampton/Gordon that that could validate that opinion. Given that we were behind in DB recruiting (compared to prior years), had our only committed DB looking to potentially take a trip(s), and the in-state can’t miss prospect spent his own $$$ to go halfway across the country, it was far from business as usual for our DB recruiting.

I also made my statements BEFORE we made a big deal that Lake was coming back. You’re a fucking idiot if you think that announcement and the media related to it (including Lake answering such questions on local radio) was purely coincidental.

This hire is ensuring a smooth transition going forward. If we don’t have a ready option going forward, we are likely in a similar position going forward and WHEN Lake LEAVES we would be 100% caught holding our dicks while whiffing on a full year of DB recruiting.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The bigger problem is OSU has hired their whole staff and Smith managed to not get a single one of our shit coaches.

Even when he leaves he still fucks us.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

DB is the biggest position group. We start 5 DBs. We start 6 other defensive players. It's completely justifiable to have two coaches for basically half the defense.
    This is one of the most fucktarded comments I’ve ever seen on this board. Seriously idiotically fucking stupid.

We have 5 DBs ... it’s about 1/2 of our defense, it needs 2 coaches ... got it.

Guess what? Our OL starts 5 players and it’s 1/2 of the total offense? Do we need 2 coaches there as well?

But let’s short circuit your comeback of there are different skills between CB and S ... there are different skills between T’s and interior OL. In both cases, they are positional units that need to move in harmony with each other.

Your take here @dnc is a Doogman.com shitastic level of analysis
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited January 2018
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

DB is the biggest position group. We start 5 DBs. We start 6 other defensive players. It's completely justifiable to have two coaches for basically half the defense.
    This is one of the most fucktarded comments I’ve ever seen on this board. Seriously idiotically fucking stupid.

We have 5 DBs ... it’s about 1/2 of our defense, it needs 2 coaches ... got it.

Guess what? Our OL starts 5 players and it’s 1/2 of the total offense? Do we need 2 coaches there as well?

But let’s short circuit your comeback of there are different skills between CB and S ... there are different skills between T’s and interior OL. In both cases, they are positional units that need to move in harmony with each other.

Your take here @dnc is a Doogman.com shitastic level of analysis
    It wasn't unheard of for a school to have 2 DB coaches when there were 9 man staffs. It's going to become plenty more common with 10 man staffs.

As for the OL comparison - the defense doesn't have a position that demands a coach for one spot like QB does. It's a completely different beast and makes the comparison worthless. If they go 11 man staffs I bet you'd see plenty of teams hire an extra OL coach but they're not going to put 6 assistants on offense and 4 on defense.

Otherwise, take your faux outrage and fuck off. You were wrong, Lake's not damaged goods and we're not better off without him. Own it and get over it.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    can't we just be happy that Harris got a job so he can take care of his family?
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2018
    Ok, so I’m confused. Are Kwiatkowski and malloe still recruiting DLs and BUCKs while Lake and Harris are recruiting DBs?

Either way, is Pete still wearing the purple Hawaiian shirt?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,261
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So are there any db prospects in the LA area that we are in on for 2019-2020 that this guy will be a boost to recruiting?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Passion said:

Ok, so I’m confused. Are Kwiatkowski and malloe still recruiting DLs and BUCKs while Lake and Harris are recruiting DBs?

Either way, is Pete still wearing the purple Hawaiian shirt?

yes
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

So are there any db prospects in the LA area that we are in on for 2019-2020 that this guy will be a boost to recruiting?

There will be now.

Also, I bet Harris is point man for any LA area recruit,