Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

D.J. Johnson, 2017 7* BUCK, Miami (Da U), FL - transferring?

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Another nugget from the doogman DJ thread

"It's going to be interesting to see this team moving forward with no Sark recruits. I think coach Pete was fortunate with the talent he inherited."

Mosster47FS
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Maybe the staff will move Brayden Dickey to that side of the ball and have him put his hand in the dirt.

He’s a big kid.

-Kim, somewhere....probably.

I think you just made Softy so erect he's gonna have to change his nickname.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2018

NEsnake12 said:

Another nugget from the doogman DJ thread

"It's going to be interesting to see this team moving forward with no Sark recruits. I think coach Pete was fortunate with the talent he inherited."

Yeah because how the fuck can we recover from losing Coleman, center, and Bierria?

Seriously, those were the only 3 of the remaining Sark guys who did anything meaningful this year.
    Center had by far the best season of those 3
    Kind of surprised Shelton was not invited to the draft. Kid put a very solid season, by far our best lineman this year.
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    Browning still sucks
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    This thread has a case of the slow death.

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Interestingly enough, he’s now the starting TE at Oregon.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I can see that. He was quite an athlete
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

He's actually the 3rd string TE. The two guys above him as well as their freshman TE are out.

He had a decent game, caught a few screen passes in open space and got a short TD but i doubt he would have seen a snap if the other TEs were healthy
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

He's actually the 3rd string TE. The two guys above him as well as their freshman TE are out.

He had a decent game, caught a few screen passes in open space and got a short TD but i doubt he would have seen a snap if the other TEs were healthy

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

He also had some devastating blocks the sprung a couple runs.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Once Johnson switched to TE and wound up fifth on the depth chart behind a DE that couldn’t catch the clap in a Romanian brothel, a 26 year old sophomore who last caught a TD from Braxton Buttmeister (beautiful read he got down), and the youngest Herbert child - he seemed done.

I was sure the next time I’d see his name it would be followed by ‘enters the transfer portal’ or ‘Ballz told you he was too fat and overrated.’

It was a pleasant surprise when the other four TEs all got injured or quarantined or something and he wound up playing really well. Led the team with 5 catches for 55 and a TD while mauling Stanford in the run game. It’s almost like 6’5” 260 pound athletic guys are good at playing TE, I wonder if any pro teams have looked into this phenomenon.

This. His size and athleticism matches well with cristoball’s physical style.