Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

D.J. Johnson, 2017 7* BUCK, Miami (Da U), FL - transferring?

Comments

• CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I only want players that bleed purple and shit gold!
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It's okay guys. Kim says apparently no other team in our conference signed an elite pass rusher this cycle either. It's okay to dominate this dreck conference and then get embarrassed on the national stage every year.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    This thread delivering.

@TierbsHsotBoobs

I like to denigrate (ISAFNRC) recroots who saw playing time as true frosh on the DL at Miami in 2017. I like to do that.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AZDuck said:

This thread delivering.

@TierbsHsotBoobs

I like to denigrate (ISAFNRC) recroots who saw playing time as true frosh on the DL at Miami in 2017. I like to do that.

He's been consistent with that take on DJ. Just like me & pumpy. Didn't want him.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    suppose im somewhat bummed about this.

my fondest dj memory is probably that time during his recruiting period when he had that really weirdly photoshop of his head on a miami player's body on his twitter account.
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

AZDuck said:

This thread delivering.

@TierbsHsotBoobs

true, he did start three games, and then was benched when another true freshman took his spot.

he may be good, he may suck, either way, you should kill yourself.
    I should have killed myself a long tim ago. Should and would are different words
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/16085/chris-warrens-top-4/p3

I didn’t like Warren either. I also said Ngata would be a better than DJ Johnson. DJ Johnson has a long way to go. The only reason he would be worth celebrating is because we have nobody else to play Buck.

Love your face Roadie, but this one will age as well as @JHopkinsFS Twitter feed.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2018
    Tequilla said:

Unpopular opinion alert ...

UW’s ability to win a National Title will require us to have a Top 10 National Defense that is generally sound and having an elite level QB that plays at an elite level

For those of you think that 1991 is the only way to do it, that was less because we had elite players (outside of Emtman) but more because we had a defensive strategy that was largely new to college and teams weren’t largely ready to combat. In the 1992 Rose Bowl the D dominated Michigan. In 1993, Michigan put up 38 and Tyrone Wheatley ran all over us as teams started finding ways to exploit the defense.

So unless we have plans on revolutionizing defensive football our best shot is to have an elite QB. And guess what you have a great chance of finding on the West Coast compared to the SEC ... it’s the ONLY competitive advantage we almost always will have on the field going forward.

So you're saying the game evolves over time? Shocking!!

I am starting to become a loser that worships the QB position.
  • tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    Personally, I think pressure from the edge is overrrated. We don’t need it. UW will just work that much harder on defense and easily overcome it.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

UW’s ability to win a National Title will require us to have a Top 10 National Defense that is generally sound and having an elite level QB that plays at an elite level

For those of you think that 1991 is the only way to do it, that was less because we had elite players (outside of Emtman) but more because we had a defensive strategy that was largely new to college and teams weren’t largely ready to combat. In the 1992 Rose Bowl the D dominated Michigan. In 1993, Michigan put up 38 and Tyrone Wheatley ran all over us as teams started finding ways to exploit the defense.

So unless we have plans on revolutionizing defensive football our best shot is to have an elite QB. And guess what you have a great chance of finding on the West Coast compared to the SEC ... it’s the ONLY competitive advantage we almost always will have on the field going forward.

So you're saying that Donald Jones and Andy Mason were not elite college pass rushers?

The reason michigan had more offense in '93 is because we lost a lot of the "elite" players, including losing Donald Jones and replacing Emtman with Steve Hoffman.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Passion said:

Tequilla said:

So you're saying that Donald Jones and Andy Mason were not elite college pass rushers?

The reason michigan had more offense in '93 is because we lost a lot of the "elite" players, including losing Donald Jones and replacing Emtman with Steve Hoffman.
    Emtman was beyond elite ...

Jones/Mason were great college players that were largely unique for its time period ... that was a defense where each player magnified the other

The reality is that we are unlikely to ever have a roster stacked with elite can’t miss guys ... the key is to get as many as we can and outplay the handful of potential talented opponents we may run up against
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

http://hardcorehusky.com/forums/#/discussion/16085/chris-warrens-top-4/p3

I didn’t like Warren either. I also said Ngata would be a better than DJ Johnson. DJ Johnson has a long way to go. The only reason he would be worth celebrating is because we have nobody else to play Buck.

Love your face Roadie, but this one will age as well as @JHopkinsFS Twitter feed.
    I never thought he was very good. We’ll see.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    BallzDeep said:

Tequilla said:

How'd that work out for USC and UCLA this season? It takes an entire team and you have to be elite on both lines of scrimmage to compete at that level. Having an elite QB doesn't mean shit if you don't have studs across the board in the trenches on both sides.
    Neither IMO played at an elite level ... at least on a consistent basis.

Obviously you need good line play ... which traditionally we tend to hold our own there.

But let’s be clear, we are never competing for the National Title with a team that can run it down someone’s throat. The only way we do so is having a QB with no fear that is willing and capable of making the throws and plays necessary.