Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Demographics querey

Given DDY's groundbreaking Fast Strategy/Slow Strategy UW recruiting application, and his poont that we seem to do much better with kids with one black parent than those with two black parents, the obvious question arises - what are the percentages of black kids in the western US (UW recruiting footprint) in those two categories?

Where I live there are a TON more true black kids than mixed kids. If you were competing in the SEC with a strategy that appealed moreso to mixed kids than black kids you'd fail royally. However, my impression from my time in the NW (and this may have just been the part of town I lived in, shoutout to @DelridgeDoog) is that there were a lot more mixed kids. Obviously this makes sense socially - mixing of races is a lot more accepted in the west than the south. But is it common enough out there that you can actually be #LightSkinU and compete?

I imagine numbers on this type of thing are hard to come by since we?ve mostly just considered a kid with one drop of African blood to be black for so long that there may not be good numbers on how many of those kids have a cracker parent, but it would be very chinteresting to see what that pool actually looks like in the states UW primarily recruits.

TL;DR - Pete's not changing his recruiting philosophy anytime soon, so the question is can this one actually succeed at higher levels?

Comments

• RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    I would bet 35% of black kids in the Seattle area are lightskin.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,797 Founders Club
    I think so. Gordon, Molden, Qualls and Spiker being a good start. I think the key to doing this at UW will be the ability to secure and develop/motivate high end Poly kids. Pepper in straight outta the Congo African kids and every local and elite full Afro-Americans and we have a real shot. As I stated earlier on the original FS/SS thread it will also take an ELITE transcendent QB to take it all over the top. Last years team with Deshaun Watson is a legit title threat.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,973 Founders Club
    I'd wager that it can and will given time, but hard for me to be objective being the slowest of slow strategy guys.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I think so. Gordon, Molden, Qualls and Spiker being a good start. I think the key to doing this at UW will be the ability to secure and develop/motivate high end Poly kids. Pepper in straight outta the Congo African kids and every local and elite full Afro-Americans and we have a real shot. As I stated earlier on the original FS/SS thread it will also take an ELITE transcendent QB to take it all over the top. Last years team with Deshaun Watson is a legit title threat.

I agree the true African kids are a huge piece of this puzzle for us. Getting the Ngatas in 2019 and 2020 will be huge. Getting Ali Gaye into school would have been huge as well. Those types will go a long way to supplement #LightSkinU and emerging #PolyU.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,498 Founders Club
    If I am following we are talking two parent families whether both black or mixed.

Where does the single parent family come in? Who do we have that relates to Mom in a single parent situation?

Bobby Bowden could charm them regardless of race.
  • BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    Jeremiah Martin will be a good test, I guess. I doubt he has white in his bloodline.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    Ty Jones seems FAST to me. Good pull by Lubick.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

Ty Jones seems FAST to me. Good pull by Bush.

crisped
    Ahh my homeland #FucktheDutch. @YellowSnow, can I get a trigger warning next time you bring up the fuckers who persecuted my peoples?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,973 Founders Club

Ahh my homeland #FucktheDutch. @YellowSnow, can I get a trigger warning next time you bring up the fuckers who persecuted my peoples?

I am confused as fuck - BTP is of Bantu ethnicity?

I am confused as fuck - BTP is of Bantu ethnicity?
    Engrrrish and some Bantu. I got Euro shit on my other side. #TeamLightskin.