Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Russians providing fuel to North Korea

2»

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,693
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You posted it. I asked you to use your own words to explain since no way in fucking hell do I click that link

Still waiting

I don't need to prove a self evident negative
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,679
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Trump has not been exceptionally soft on Russia. Torn from the depths of your imagination.

An issue you didn't have for 8 years of appeasement. Maybe let hondo do the heavy lifting here

Go on.

Tell me specific instances where Trump has DROPPED THE FUCKING HAMMER on Russia.

There has been a need?

Go on.

You obviously want the US to go to war w/ Russia just say you can say you were right. SAD!
    From the guy who started the thread and failed miserably to come up with anything beyond a headline.

Boobs in this thread

I always appreciate gurgle smack.

I never tried to come up with anything beyond the headline though.

It would be great if you could come up with anything to refute the headline... unless you're into being a cuck for Russia.
    Or you could recognize the Russia narrative as a fear tactic employed by the loser Democrats who continue to lose. You could do that.

Or maybe let Hondo do the heavy lifting.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    pawz said:

pawz said:

Trump has not been exceptionally soft on Russia. Torn from the depths of your imagination.

An issue you didn't have for 8 years of appeasement. Maybe let hondo do the heavy lifting here

Go on.

Tell me specific instances where Trump has DROPPED THE FUCKING HAMMER on Russia.

There has been a need?

Go on.

You obviously want the US to go to war w/ Russia just say you can say you were right. SAD!
    From the guy who started the thread and failed miserably to come up with anything beyond a headline.

Boobs in this thread

It would be great if you could come up with anything to refute the headline... unless you're into being a cuck for Russia.
    Or you could recognize the Russia narrative as a fear tactic employed by the loser Democrats who continue to lose. You could do that.

I'm just wondering why it's cool with you guys that Russia is friendly with North Korea.

Even Fox News doesn't like this:
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12/30/north-korea-received-oil-from-russia-in-violation-un-sanctions-report.html

And for the lazy, I'll highlight parts of the story:

In an apparent violation of a U.N. Security Council resolution, Russian ships have allegedly transferred oil products to North Korean vessels out at sea on several occasions, according to a published report.

The Security Council resolution bars the Hermit Kingdom from importing natural gas and capped its crude oil imports in September, Reuters reported, citing two senior Western European security sources.

The news follows President Donald Trump's criticism of China this week regarding a South Korean report that Chinese ships have illegally supplied oil to North Korean ships at sea dozens of times since October. China denied the reports Friday.

On Saturday, the Russian Foreign Ministry denied the report and vowed the country has "fully and strictly observed the sanctions regime." The ministry noted that resolutions by the U.N. Security Council have imposed limits on North Korea's refined oil imports but have not banned it all together.

According to the report, Russian ships conducted ship-to-ship transfers at least three times during October and November. In September, Reuters reported a number of North Korean ships fueled up directly from Russia and sailed the product back to their country by lying about where the cargo would be delivered.

“Russian vessels have made ship-to-ship transfers of petrochemicals to North Korean vessels on several occasions this year in breach of sanctions,” the first security source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told Reuters.

The second source, who also confirmed the illicit activity, told Reuters, “there is no evidence that this is backed by the Russian state.”

Both sources referred to naval intelligence and satellite imagery to back up their claims of Russian ships aiding in North Korea’s efforts to secure oil and fuel despite an international crackdown to cut off Pyongyang in hopes of curbing its nuclear missile program.

“The vessels are smuggling Russian fuel from Russian Far Eastern ports to North Korea,”
    the first security source told Reuters on the condition of anonymity.

Reuters was unable to independently confirm the reports.

Last week the U.N. Security Council passed even stricter sanctions on North Korea, banning roughly 90 percent of oil and refined petroleum imports in response to Kim Jong Un’s latest missile test Nov. 29, the Wall Street Journal reported.

Way TL, DR:

Trump criticized China for providing fuel to North Korea but has said nothing so far about Russia doing the same.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam
    After last night, I say Nuke them all. Starting with Pennsylvania.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He's said nothing about an alleged event that supposedly happened?

Well then I guess you don't have a point afterall

Big story

He's said nothing about an alleged event that supposedly happened?

Well then I guess you don't have a point afterall

Big story

So you're saying Fox News is posting Fake News and nothing happened?

Fair enough.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Reuters is the source

HTH

Reuters is the source

HTH

Fox News thought the story was legitimate enough to run with it.

What do you know that they don't?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,470
    Harpoon middles are special. Burn 'em!
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Google: second ship seized

If your google is broken, try Bing.

If your google and bing are both broken, ask hondo.
    Founders Club
    doogie said:

In other words, maybe let Hondo do the heavy lifting.
    Founders Club
    edited January 2018

pawz said:

pawz said:

Go on.

There has been a need?

Go on.

Boobs in this thread

I'm just wondering why it's cool with you guys that Russia is friendly with North Korea.

Even Fox News doesn't like this:
    http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12/30/north-korea-received-oil-from-russia-in-violation-un-sanctions-report.html

And for the lazy, I'll highlight parts of the story:

In an apparent violation of a U.N. Security Council resolution, Russian ships have allegedly transferred oil products to North Korean vessels out at sea on several occasions, according to a published report.

The Security Council resolution bars the Hermit Kingdom from importing natural gas and capped its crude oil imports in September, Reuters reported, citing two senior Western European security sources.

The news follows President Donald Trump's criticism of China this week regarding a South Korean report that Chinese ships have illegally supplied oil to North Korean ships at sea dozens of times since October. China denied the reports Friday.

On Saturday, the Russian Foreign Ministry denied the report and vowed the country has "fully and strictly observed the sanctions regime." The ministry noted that resolutions by the U.N. Security Council have imposed limits on North Korea's refined oil imports but have not banned it all together.

According to the report, Russian ships conducted ship-to-ship transfers at least three times during October and November. In September, Reuters reported a number of North Korean ships fueled up directly from Russia and sailed the product back to their country by lying about where the cargo would be delivered.

“Russian vessels have made ship-to-ship transfers of petrochemicals to North Korean vessels on several occasions this year in breach of sanctions,” the first security source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, told Reuters.

The second source, who also confirmed the illicit activity, told Reuters, “there is no evidence that this is backed by the Russian state.”

Both sources referred to naval intelligence and satellite imagery to back up their claims of Russian ships aiding in North Korea’s efforts to secure oil and fuel despite an international crackdown to cut off Pyongyang in hopes of curbing its nuclear missile program.

“The vessels are smuggling Russian fuel from Russian Far Eastern ports to North Korea,”
    the first security source told Reuters on the condition of anonymity.

Reuters was unable to independently confirm the reports.

Last week the U.N. Security Council passed even stricter sanctions on North Korea, banning roughly 90 percent of oil and refined petroleum imports in response to Kim Jong Un’s latest missile test Nov. 29, the Wall Street Journal reported.

Way TL, DR:

Trump criticized China for providing fuel to North Korea but has said nothing so far about Russia doing the same.
    doogie said:

This is what Google returned for me:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/12/31/north-korea-sanctions-are-not-working-naval-blockade-might.html
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

pawz said:

pawz said:

Go on.

There has been a need?

Go on.

Boobs in this thread

It's not cool, but what are you going to do? As I told PGOS a few years back, attack Russia directly and not only do they defeat NATO, but they invade the US and win. Poke the bear bitch and you goin get eaten in other words. They can only be attacked through proxies. Same as it ever was.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,653

pawz said:

pawz said:

Go on.

There has been a need?

Go on.

Boobs in this thread

It's not cool, but what are you going to do? As I told PGOS a few years back, attack Russia directly and not only do they defeat NATO, but they invade the US and win. Poke the bear bitch and you goin get eaten in other words. They can only be attacked through proxies. Same as it ever was.
    Fuck that.

WOLVERINES!!!
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    A lot of Trump ballzak licking going on in here.