Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pedo State preview

whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,293
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
Standard Supporter
edited December 2017 in Hardcore Husky Board
What cunt would click on this thread?

This is my pathetic attempt at axual football anal-ysis for the bored, since I rarely contribute that. TL;DR version: Both teams suck and the QB which plays less bad will win.

I'm pretty confident I'm the only poaster here who has seen our dWags and the Peen State child rapists in person this year. Why would I do that to myself? Stupid Marriage. To a Penn State fan and child of an alum. Clearly I hate money with a burning passion. Back before that thing that happened PSU was a fairly fun game environment. Drive up, drink a lot, tons of other drunks, watch the game, drive home fun times. UW and PSU never played so no big deal, and PSU games are usually on during daylight hours. And I have enough friends who went to PSU (State College is just as close to DC Metro as it is to Philly or Pittsburgh, and is much closer to DC than VaTech is) that it was all good.

Anyway, so as luck would have it I went to UW-Rutgers and PSU-Maryland. Got to watch each team play a shitty B1G team on the road. PSU drew a team on their 4th or 5th string QB as Maryland literally had like 4 QBs get hurt this year, so they raped the shit out of the Terps like 60 something to 7. Washington fucked around for a quarter against a GOOD Rutgers team and we started rotating in players but our retarded offense failed to run up the score. Sad!

From the UW perspective, PSU will be the best team we've played this year. Not true for PSU since they already played tOSU on the road. Both of these teams really should have gone undefeated if not for being stupid and some bad luck. Drawing ASU on the road with ASU off a bye: bad luck, plus a stupid loss. Stanford on the road on a short week: bad luck plus a stupid loss. PSU vs. tOSU- lose by 1 on the road, blowing a big lead. PSU losing to Mich St on the road after like a 6 hour lightning delay- bad luck and a stupid loss. Before the season this was my dream Rose Bowl matchup in the CFP and it wasn't that far off from happening. The Fiesta will have to do, even though it will probably cause me to get Divorced.

At the same time, we have no idea if the B1G as a whole doesn't suck. 1-3 last year in CFP and NY6 bowls, with the only win over Western Michigan. This year Oklahoma whooped tOSU. I'm not sure what evidence there is for that conference being good. And we all know the Pac is garbage.

PSU Offense: Barkley is amazing to watch. He's a ridiculous talent. McSorely is short but athletic and gets away with throwing a lot of balls up for grabs. Their WRs are seniors and decent but I don't think any of them are better than Pettis. However their 2nd, 3rd and 4th WRs are better than our 2nd WR. We should be able to cover them with our DBs. The TE, Gesicki or something, is tall and white. They bring in the backup QB, Tommy Stevens, from time to time to run goofy plays like reverses and RPOs. He's taller and faster than McSorely and honestly I'm probably more afraid of him. Keep McSorely in the pocket (I see a lot of 3 man rushes) and let him toss up 50-50 balls. Make sure Barkely can't get loose on a wheel route and gang tackle. McSorely is a gamer and a winner most of the time but will just make dumb decisions at critical times. While Brownsocks overprocesses everything and then melts down, McSorely will pull his best Grossman "Fuck it, I'm going deep" impersonation and heave the ball up.

I don't know how much their offense will change due to the loss of their OC.

PSU Defense: Jason Cabinda, LB is pretty good. They have a safety named Marcus Allen. Their secondary is fine. We better commit to the run. Water is wet.

Special Teams: Barkley returning kick offs is exciting to watch and we can't get burned there. Their kicker sucks less than ours.

I hope we end up with more fans in the stands due to PSU coming off a Rose Bowl and being bored with this bowl, while our fans have a closer location after having to skip the cross country bowl last year.

All that being said, Jake Browning sucks.

Comments

• Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Needs moar Meatspin.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

If you get divorced you can start hanging out with me at dive bars on the weekends. Bring a gun and lube.

YBFE
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    dga5030 said:

I stopped by a few weeks ago for a warm welcome, and stopping by again now a few days before the game.

The first analysis was pretty good (second one I'm not even going to pretend I had time for). Only things I'd add/change:

-Probably undersold the TE, Gesicki. I have to imagine he's the best receiving TE in the country, and does not jump like a white guy. He's also the best receiver on the team. His blocking is hit-or-miss, though.

-The OL is mediocre.

-The secondary is probably better than you made it sound, and the rest of the defense is worse. MLB Cabinda is an emotional leader but pretty athletically limited, as are all the LBs. The DTs are mostly undersized or slow. The DEs are talented but young so every game seems to be different there. But I feel good about everybody in the secondary having a shot to play on Sundays next year.

- PSU has a good punter. They have a kicker on the roster who exists. Water is wet.

Anyway, hope that helps. I look forward to checking in again before kickoff, unless I take Swaye's advice and kill myself. TBD.

Either way, hope this helps, and good luck.

STAY!!!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dga5030 said:

I stopped by a few weeks ago for a warm welcome, and stopping by again now a few days before the game.

The first analysis was pretty good (second one I'm not even going to pretend I had time for). Only things I'd add/change:

-Probably undersold the TE, Gesicki. I have to imagine he's the best receiving TE in the country, and does not jump like a white guy. He's also the best receiver on the team. His blocking is hit-or-miss, though.

-The OL is mediocre.

-The secondary is probably better than you made it sound, and the rest of the defense is worse. MLB Cabinda is an emotional leader but pretty athletically limited, as are all the LBs. The DTs are mostly undersized or slow. The DEs are talented but young so every game seems to be different there. But I feel good about everybody in the secondary having a shot to play on Sundays next year.

- PSU has a good punter. They have a kicker on the roster who exists. Water is wet.

Anyway, hope that helps. I look forward to checking in again before kickoff, unless I take Swaye's advice and kill myself. TBD.

Either way, hope this helps, and good luck.

I like you.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

Swaye said:

If you get divorced you can start hanging out with me at dive bars on the weekends. Bring a gun.

@whlinder is a classy, former rower so probably has a functional marriage with divorce being a long shot at best.
    She says to me today “I guess I better start getting Match.com set up.”

Me: “I’m pretty sure there is a Penn State fan specific site for that”. Pause.
    “NAMBLA dot Org”

I got told to fuck off.

See you next weekend Swaye.
    I'll get some blow so we can celebrate your impending alimony payments.