Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Interesting tidbit about Woodinville LT Cade Beresford's recruitment

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,709
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
After Chip Kelly was named the new UCLA coach, he called Cade and offered him a scholie.

It's curious that WSU, USC and UCLA all offered him, but Washington didn't. Makes you wonder why. The Huskies missed the boat on Woodinville's Andre Dillard, and I hope they're not doing it again with another Falcon.

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Sounds like Petersman needs to learn this ain't the WAC anymore.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,709
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    He said he didn't take the LA trips because he prefers a small college town. I can understand that.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

He said he didn't take the LA trips because he prefers a small college town. I can understand that.

They probably were not commitable
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Andre Dillard is a nice P12 starter ... I doubt he is starting for UW though at anything other than G.

Cade will likely have a similar narrative for him ... he’s likely in the right spot for him.
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Another way of saying that it is better to be a big fish in a small pond rather than a guppy in the ocean.

Dude probably wants to get laid in the next four to five years.

• minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

His dad played OL for Boise State 92-93, maybe there's some small town influence there. Kwiatkowski was an asst then, that's the only crossover I saw at a glance.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Andre Dillard is a nice P12 starter ... I doubt he is starting for UW though at anything other than G.

Cade will likely have a similar narrative for him ... he’s likely in the right spot for him.

I actually think his ceiling is a higher than that. Would not be shocked if he develops in to a decent starter
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I think the big story here is Woodinville itself. They seem to be rolling right now, in a Public school, non-Bellevue sort of way.

DJ, can you link a story on their coaching staff?

Good luck to the Kid, btw.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,161
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

After Chip Kelly was named the new UCLA coach, he called Cade and offered him a scholie.

It's curious that WSU, USC and UCLA all offered him, but Washington didn't. Makes you wonder why. The Huskies missed the boat on Woodinville's Andre Dillard, and I hope they're not doing it again with another Falcon.

Who the hell is Andre Dillard?
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    HuskyJW said:

Who the hell is Andre Dillard?
    WSU
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    JR- LT at WSU. PAC-12 honorable mention from Woodinville HS
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795

• jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    doogie said:

I think the big story here is Woodinville itself. They seem to be rolling right now, in a Public school, non-Bellevue sort of way.

DJ, can you link a story on their coaching staff?

Good luck to the Kid, btw.

Do not legitimize Stalin's Falcoon boner.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Lol, so Petersen "missed out" on a kid four years ago who could potentially, maybe, have been competing for a starting spot with Kirkland, Sosebee, and Wattenberg this year at LG. Cool.

Nobody fucking cares about Dillard, and we definitely don't give a shit about Woodinville until they produce someone who is more than a "maybe we should offer him if we miss out on all our targets" level of talent.