Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Numbers, Going Forward, This Class, Etc.

Comments

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2017
    dnc said:

So - I'm going to hold off really posting about this class until Kyler decides. At this point I have every reason to believe he's coming to Washington, but it's not final until it's on vinyl as they say and it's not on vinyl yet.

One interesting thing going on right now is a discussion of numbers. Especially after Pete's presser yesterday, it sounded a bit like we are expecting some more guys to leave.

At present, if two of our guys enter early (Vita, Gaskin, Greg, Kaleb), we are currently full given that we take Eason and Kyler. However, given what Pete said and our roster, I expect we might add 3-4 more dudes, depending.

Here are our numbers for next year (without Vita and Gaskin; adding in Eason and Gordon) and I'll bold the guys I think are in line for couch sales. I also have listed next to the numbers, the average amount of scholarships per starter (i.e., we have 4 RBs and generally start 1, so that's a 4; I listed WR as 2.5 and TE as 1.5 starters to make it make sense).

QB (6; 6): Browning, DBG, Eason, Haener, Yankoff, Sirmon
    RB (4; 4): Ahmed, Pleasant, McGrew, Newton
    WR (12; 4.8): Dickey, Baccelia, Fuller, McClatcher, Pounds, Chin, Jones, Bynum, Cook, Lowe, Osborne, Spiker
    TE (7; 3.5): Sample, Neal, Bryant, Kizer, Warren (H-Back), Otton, Culp
    OT (6; 3): Adams, McGary, Burleson, Hilbers, Kirkland, Mele
    OG (6; 3): Sosebee, Roberts, Wattenburg, Bainivalu, Ale, Curne
    C (3; 3): James, Harris, Norgy

DT (10; 5): Bowman, Gaines, Johnson, McCoy, Scrempos, Onwuzrike, Bynum, Liu, Taimani, ZTF
    BUCK (4; 4): Potoa'e, Rice, Bowman, Tryon
    SAM (4; 4): Bartlett, Williams, Ngata, Kaho
    MIK (4; 4): Beavers, Manu, Eifler, Sirmon
    WIL (3; 3): BBK, Wellington, Tafisi
    CB (9; 3): Miller, Dotson, Bryant, Joyner, Murphy, Molden, Taylor, Gordon, Hampton
    S (5; 2.5): McIntosh, Rapp, Gilchrist, Love, McKinney

P/K (2): Whitford, Soderberg

That is 85 right there. With 9 guys who could sell couches.

As such, I think it's going to be pretty plain that we have room to play with in January.

So from looking here the scholarship per starters numbers organize like this:
    QB - 6
    DT - 5
    WR - 4.8
    OLB - 4
    ILB - 3.5
    TE - 3.5
    CB - 3
    OL - 3
    S - 2.5

So, where do you think we might look in the Jan period?

One is obvious to me: S.

Outside of that, I could see us trying to add special guys at DT, BUCK, ILB and OL.

Who would be the guys?

S - This is tough. Irvin is the only decent player left and he's going to USC unless there's a miracle.
    DT - Again, it's kind of hard to tell right now who we would go after, but if we could get a guy who could play immediately we would.
    BUCK - Jeremiah Martin is obviously the big target here. I think he could start next year, basically.
    ILB - I think this is a lower priority, but I expect us to push for Tuliaupupu who would not redshirt (Sirmon and Tafisi will).
    OL - This is, again, hard to completely tell who we will be after, but it wouldn't surprise me if we got in on someone.

I will be twitter stalking all weekend to try to understand this. Add your thoughts below!

This list is worthless without Eifler.

I'm hearing he's a real disappointment and needs to LEAVE.
    I heard your mom has a ginormous hairy wiener.
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Passion said:

dnc said:

Passion said:

dnc said:

So - I'm going to hold off really posting about this class until Kyler decides. At this point I have every reason to believe he's coming to Washington, but it's not final until it's on vinyl as they say and it's not on vinyl yet.

One interesting thing going on right now is a discussion of numbers. Especially after Pete's presser yesterday, it sounded a bit like we are expecting some more guys to leave.

At present, if two of our guys enter early (Vita, Gaskin, Greg, Kaleb), we are currently full given that we take Eason and Kyler. However, given what Pete said and our roster, I expect we might add 3-4 more dudes, depending.

Here are our numbers for next year (without Vita and Gaskin; adding in Eason and Gordon) and I'll bold the guys I think are in line for couch sales. I also have listed next to the numbers, the average amount of scholarships per starter (i.e., we have 4 RBs and generally start 1, so that's a 4; I listed WR as 2.5 and TE as 1.5 starters to make it make sense).

QB (6; 6): Browning, DBG, Eason, Haener, Yankoff, Sirmon
    RB (4; 4): Ahmed, Pleasant, McGrew, Newton
    WR (12; 4.8): Dickey, Baccelia, Fuller, McClatcher, Pounds, Chin, Jones, Bynum, Cook, Lowe, Osborne, Spiker
    TE (7; 3.5): Sample, Neal, Bryant, Kizer, Warren (H-Back), Otton, Culp
    OT (6; 3): Adams, McGary, Burleson, Hilbers, Kirkland, Mele
    OG (6; 3): Sosebee, Roberts, Wattenburg, Bainivalu, Ale, Curne
    C (3; 3): James, Harris, Norgy

DT (10; 5): Bowman, Gaines, Johnson, McCoy, Scrempos, Onwuzrike, Bynum, Liu, Taimani, ZTF
    BUCK (4; 4): Potoa'e, Rice, Bowman, Tryon
    SAM (4; 4): Bartlett, Williams, Ngata, Kaho
    MIK (4; 4): Beavers, Manu, Eifler, Sirmon
    WIL (3; 3): BBK, Wellington, Tafisi
    CB (9; 3): Miller, Dotson, Bryant, Joyner, Murphy, Molden, Taylor, Gordon, Hampton
    S (5; 2.5): McIntosh, Rapp, Gilchrist, Love, McKinney

P/K (2): Whitford, Soderberg

That is 85 right there. With 9 guys who could sell couches.

As such, I think it's going to be pretty plain that we have room to play with in January.

So from looking here the scholarship per starters numbers organize like this:
    QB - 6
    DT - 5
    WR - 4.8
    OLB - 4
    ILB - 3.5
    TE - 3.5
    CB - 3
    OL - 3
    S - 2.5

So, where do you think we might look in the Jan period?

One is obvious to me: S.

Outside of that, I could see us trying to add special guys at DT, BUCK, ILB and OL.

Who would be the guys?

S - This is tough. Irvin is the only decent player left and he's going to USC unless there's a miracle.
    DT - Again, it's kind of hard to tell right now who we would go after, but if we could get a guy who could play immediately we would.
    BUCK - Jeremiah Martin is obviously the big target here. I think he could start next year, basically.
    ILB - I think this is a lower priority, but I expect us to push for Tuliaupupu who would not redshirt (Sirmon and Tafisi will).
    OL - This is, again, hard to completely tell who we will be after, but it wouldn't surprise me if we got in on someone.

I will be twitter stalking all weekend to try to understand this. Add your thoughts below!

This list is worthless without Eifler.

I'm hearing he's a real disappointment and needs to LEAVE.
    I heard your mom has a ginormous hairy weiner.
    I heard you're into that sort of thing
    Well, not as much since I got parole.
    BBC?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Passion getting shredded in this thread
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Only Swaye gets the dark side of my humor...perhaps that says something about me.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Maybe we can get @CirrhosisDawg to walk across the street to the Rose Bowl with cocaine.

• Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Is the Eason talk all a big whoosh? Also, I hope like hell USC starts having some turnover on staff. Anything to disrupt that recruiting machine...even for just a little bit. Is Gordon considered more of a Safety then Corner? I know it’s been discussed, too lazy to do research. Seems like this class still needs a safety.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Passion said:

Only Swaye gets the dark side of my humor...perhaps that says something about me.

That you are totally bad ass
  • Options
    FrenchHuskyFrenchHusky Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2017
    I think you forgot Norgaard. And is Pulu on scholarship ? But good shit.
    Newton is probably redshirting right ? We can't afford a injury at RB. Maybe Dotson would get some carries.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Newton is probably redshirting right ? We can't afford a injury at RB. Maybe Dotson would get some carries.
    "Norgy" is Norgaard. And, never give Dotson carries, ever. And, Pulu was awarded a scholarship, but I think with walk-ons those things tend to be year-to-year. I wouldn't be surprised if it were subject to numbers next fall.

Also, I think Kent Love might be gonezo.
  • Options
    FrenchHuskyFrenchHusky Member Posts: 69
    Oh yeah sorry didn't see him.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

"Norgy" is Norgaard. And, never give Dotson carries, ever. And, Pulu was awarded a scholarship, but I think with walk-ons those things tend to be year-to-year. I wouldn't be surprised if it were subject to numbers next fall.

Also, I think Kent Love might be gonezo.
    Love is only RS-sophomore. I would still give him a year before telling him to sell the couch