Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Who could be 5 stars in our class?

13»

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Doog thread of the year

I think this thread killed @SpiritHorse
    If you drop 3 hits and stare into the sun for an hour you can bring him back.
    Challenge accepted.

• Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Spider, Kano, Center, Servon, Yankov.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    DDY scale I got from a guy who used to eval film for Don James.

He used to say from film alone you can tell football stuff not mental stuff, so he divided things into 3 categories for Don based on football skills and physical ability:

DDY1: Serious athletic/football flaws. Unlikely to become all conference.

Examples: Nik Little, Jordan Chin. Lots of Ty recruits.

DDY2: Tier of recruits where coaching is really going to matter most. They have a chance to be good, but are not elite physically AND elite football wise. One or the other or some combo of decent at both.

Example: Jake Browning, DJ Beavers.

I think of a “high 2” as someone who has elite physical ability and has shown flashes of elite football skills (or the reverse). Ultimately still a 2 because you don’t feel certain.

Example type I: Alex Cook
    Example type II: Tevis Bartlett

Again the reason saying these guys are still “tier 2” is useful is because it’s meant to denote that they don’t have the whole thing together yet.

DDY3: Elite physical ability and elite football ability. Jump out on tape. Have something really special that separates them from other recruits.

Example: Taylor Rapp, Budda.

—again, most of this is predicated on the fact that I can’t know mental makeup and work habits from “tape triage”. Just kind of separate kids into “nah, has a chance and GET THIS KID.”

It’s a bit different than the star system in that it was really invented to place guys into tiers rather than “rankings”. Like I have no limit on numbers.

Guys like Osborne may not end up 5-stars, but he’s in the same physical tier as Amon-Ra St Brown.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    There should be a 4th tier for kids who have the entire package AND one of the coolest names ever. Example: Amon-Ra St. Brown. He's the fucking Sun God for tittie fucking sakes.