Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tommy Togiai, 4* 2018 DT, Pocatello (Highland), ID (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I guarantee he transfers if he commits to Ohio State. Halfway across the country and no Poly community? He will get homesick fast.

It all comes down to how much more Ohio State is willing to pay his coach. Luckily for Ohio State, they will be in a bidding war against themselves.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I guarantee he transfers if he commits to Ohio State. Halfway across the country and no Poly community? He will get homesick fast.

It all comes down to how much more Ohio State is willing to pay his coach. Luckily for Ohio State, they will be in a bidding war against themselves.

Devin Asiasi 2.0
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    USC is more of a threat than tOSU imo. This poly momentum can’t hurt though. I really want to be wrong about Ikaika.
  • Options
    Petersen3098Petersen3098 Member Posts: 365
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    pat_hm said:

USC is more of a threat than tOSU imo. This poly momentum can’t hurt though. I really want to be wrong about Ikaika.

He gets to start right away if he comes here, I hope that's enough to get him here.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

pat_hm said:

He gets to start right away if he comes here, I hope that's enough to get him here.
    He’s not beating out Levi and Jaylen Johnson. Add Potoa’e possibly inside and Bronson, and the other upper class JAG’s... It’s probably 50/50 he redshirts.
    Agreed. And that's not even factoring in Tremblay (prayingdog.jpg).

If he wants to start as a freshman, he's looking at the wrong schools.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

pat_hm said:

This is not a Sark Team Bruh
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    BayDawg said:

I’m calling it for Ohio State, I’ve seen enough.

I would agree but with these poly kids a lot of times it's the mom making the decision or at least giving final approval.
    And not a lot of Poly's in Columbus.
    But fuck, not a lot in Idaho either... he gone
    There's polys in Pocatello.

Lots actually. Thats Mormon country.
    None in Columbus, that Amish country
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

pat_hm said:

He’s not beating out Levi and Jaylen Johnson. Add Potoa’e possibly inside and Bronson, and the other upper class JAG’s... It’s probably 50/50 he redshirts.
    I don't think he'd redshirt, but he'd also not start. I think we'd see a pretty similar season to what Levi did this year. He'll play a lot and do some good things. I think he would be on our second team with Bronson/Bowman/McCoy etc.
  • Options
    This is the dumbest combination between 'he already made his mind up a long time ago that he wants to go to UW' and 'they are getting all these Poly guys to recruit him!'.

The kid is incredible. We shall see.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,909
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

pat_hm said:

That’s total nonsense. Jaylen and Levi are all conference caliber players next year, and there’s still a really good chance Gaines comes back. And who knows what’s in the depth, but with this defense there’s always someone unexpected who will emerge. Shit, if early playing time is one of Togiagi’s top pieces of criteria (it’s probably not) then that works against us.
    Yep. Pete don't play dat Sark game
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,807
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Pic makes me think an official visit to Capitol Hill will close the deal on him.
    I was thinking he looksa little Downsy, but you raise a valid point.
  • Options
    Why the fuck would Gaines come back?

Our only hope is a really shitty draft grade.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Why the fuck would Gaines come back?

Our only hope is a really shitty draft grade.

That’s exactly why. He’s not very high on many draft boards, and unlike Gaskin, there’s a ton of room there for him to play himself up several rounds. Right now he’s overshadowed by Vea. A year with him as “the guy” on the DL, and he could make himself a lot more money.
    This. Gaines just had the unfortunate luck (for him) of being on a line with one of the four or five best DL in the last decade in all of CFB. One year as THE Hells Angel would spotlight him big time.