Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump to move US embassy to Jerusalem

2»

Comments

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,987 Founders Club

Hillary was for it in 1999 hondo so you can be too

Regardless.

Even Tillerson shit bricks over this one. Say what you will about Rex, I actually think he's a solid choice for his spot given that he has a lot of experience in the Middle East. Tillerson is nobody's pushover, but he "gets it" over there. Word from my circles are that he actually looked at Trump and asked him, "So what was the point of this?"

I'm nobody's liberal, come what may; and I myself laff at the daily obsession that the left has with the current Prez and every single solitary move he makes. But this one was fs ... and if Hillary wanted to do it in 1999, Race, then she was fs and I severely overestimated her.

The current administration won the WH with absolutely brilliant political strategy. Stipulated. But they're playing with fire, because so much of their base, which does not include this man's Republican party, are legitimately and simply uninformed people. One example of that is this fantasy (held by half my family btw) that we're someday going to go in clean house in the greater middle east. The real, cold, troubling, reality is that that will never happen. It is an untenable problem.

So, back to this. Netanyahu has a really tuff job. He is, by necessity, a hard liner, because when you're surrounded by people who want to end you, that's what you gotta be. There is, though, a really fine line that has to be drawn between what and how much of his shit we should or should not be pulled into. Netanyahu would love nothing more for us to cranky up aggression toward Israel's enemies. Doesn't mean we should.

So, I go back to Tillerson's alleged question: what in Hades was he doing, and why? What did it get us? More warm and fuzzies with Israel? Seriously? What choice does Netanyahu have but to stay nice with the US. We're all he has.

Honestly, I could legitimately sit here and listen to opposing views and arguments on the tax bill all day long. But the two areas where Donnie and I are at fundamental odds are his obsessions with immigration and brown people, and this thing he just did. Oh, and any even implied support for Moore. I don't know how much he legitimately is trying to help him, but base or no base, he should back away from Moore, who is a bad guy.

So like Tillerson, I ask: why? What, if anything, did it get us?
    TL;DR

I actually agree with the Hurricoug here. When I watched Trumps announcement I wondered out loud what the fuck does he gain by this? What is the point other than stirring up a hornet's nest?

Further, he looked off when he made the announcement. A little guilty even, like he knew he was stepping into a world of shit, and he knew he shouldn't but what the fuck?

And if someone wants to intelligently participate in this conversation, do yourself a favor and read The Lemon Tree - By Sven Thorson (or Sandy Tolan). Widely regarded by both sides as an accurate and fair history of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

The terrorists can have their own state. It just won't include Jerusalem. First step in the real peace process.

Sure they can have their own state... if they carve it out of Saudi Arabia or some other islamofuck country where they would better belong. Why should the geographically tiny state of Israel be forced to cede land to an intractable enemy that will never acknowledge their right to exist? Two state solution is a non-starter.
    2 Choices. Extermination of one side or the other,or a 2-State solution. Or Israel and Palestine will just continue to live in an uneasy state with uprisings occurring every year or 2 with resentment growing stronger through each generation.
    This my brother Kewg, except that I don't think the resentment grows with each generation. The further away from the original sin you get, the less people give a shit and the more focused they become on living their lives. Palestine would benefit from a higher standard of living. Figure that out, and the rest of this shit goes away organically over time. At least that would be my bet.
    The original offense, the one arabs will never get over, is that they are sons of a whore, the descendants of a prostitute, and the jews, their half brothers, are not. Stupid fuck. Do you think arab anger has resided over the past several millenia? They've always been hotheaded dumbass pricks, and always will be.
    Do I think Arab anger has resided? Gee, I don't know ... what that even means.

You seem pretty hotheaded yourself. Do you have any of that fairy tale whore DNA in you too by chance?

See post 4,531. Weirdo.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited December 2017
    People keep talking about kicking a hornet's nest as if this is really going to provoke them and we better watch out. Who gives a fuck if those cunts are provoked. They get provoked over cartoons of Muhammed. We can't avoid kicking the hornet's nest, so we might as well kick it as hard as we can. Putting the embassy in Jerusalem is giving the Palestinians the middle finger. They cheered in the streets during 9/11. It's time for some payback.
  • Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,321 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Enuff with the politics bullshit. More jew titties!

עץ לרסק
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Swaye said:

Enuff with the politics bullshit. More jew titties!

Tits are so hot i didn't even notice the purple eyes