Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Zion Tupuola-Fetui, 3* 2018 BUCK, Pearl City, HI (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2017
    Some footage in this of him this year if you are curious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N-Q7fZHXY4

—Pretty sure this kid is a fallback for us after McClain and maybe a couple others.

I don't think we would schedule his visit for January if we wanted him in the first tier (given that he publicly says we lead).

I like him, but he's really raw. The kind of guy it will take 3-4 years to really contribute at a high level.
  • PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

—Pretty sure this kid is a fallback for us after McClain and maybe a couple others.

I don't think we would schedule his visit for January if we wanted him in the first tier (given that he publicly says we lead).

I like him, but he's really raw. The kind of guy it will take 3-4 years to really contribute at a high level.

Camillo Eifler.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

True dat, but this kid is rare as fuck, if he develops will be an amazing player in our system
  • HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Didn't his visit get bumped up to December?
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    BallzDeep said:

Fuck this kid. I wanted Malik-Mclain and/or Martin. You know, black people with offers from USC and Ohio State. Not some Poly kid with offers from Cal and Vandy. We never get who we want.

We'd still take one of those guys if they want to come here, it's not like OLB recruiting is done...
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    BallzDeep said:

Fuck this kid. I wanted Malik-Mclain and/or Martin. You know, black people with offers from USC and Ohio State. Not some Poly kid with offers from Cal and Vandy. We never get who we want.

So, I don't think these things are mutually exclusive, but I heartily agree with the sentiment. This kid and Tafisi - we are just hitting pars and bogies.

I would call this kid a par and Tafisi a bogie.

We need to start hitting some fucking birdies.

So far in this class we have Yankoff, Lowe, Spiker, Osborne, Mele and Curne as birdies. Everyone else is par or bogies.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    BallzDeep said:

NEsnake12 said:

BallzDeep said:

We'd still take one of those guys if they want to come here, it's not like OLB recruiting is done...
    Why not hold this fucker off and try to get both of them!?
    Because then ZTF would go commit to and sign with Cal... and we'd be risking completely striking out on those other guys who have big time programs after them
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2017

Yeah - I'm into this. DDY2 but a high ceiling guy.

I think he will ultimately end up inside, but he's basically a big BUCK type right now. Also, it bodes well for our island recruiting, which will be a key next class.

Dude is super light on his feet for being that big.

Big bucks suck ass. Move him inside
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

I think he will ultimately end up inside, but he's basically a big BUCK type right now. Also, it bodes well for our island recruiting, which will be a key next class.

Benning Potoa'e has you jaded
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

RB?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    BallzDeep said:

Our pass rush is fucking trash! Early playing time is available for 4-star studs to come in and start as Freshman. Why take this kid before the others decide? At this point some serious attrition better be on the way to make room for any of the remaining 4* front seven players. I fucking want them all. You can't have fucking Bryce Sterk on the roster and say no to Jeremiah Martin or Abdul Malik-McClain. It can't happen if you want to win a national championship.

I fucking hate you. Plz DIAFF.