Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tommy Togiai, 4* 2018 DT, Pocatello (Highland), ID (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    So many here doubting Spirit Horse
  • Options
    HippopeteamusHippopeteamus Member Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    NEsnake12 said:

If roof could keep her bigoted opinions and jesus talk to herself. Its 2017 bitch nobody believes in god anymore.

Apart from like 80% of Americans. You're probably being sarkasmic, but still.
    TUG TALK WARNING but as a late millennial doog, about 1 in 20 people I know are actually religious, and I'm being generous with that number. I have a sibling that was at Eastside Catholic pretty who says that even there at least half of kids there aren't... most just go through the motions for their parents' sake.

I'd say Religious belief in in sharp decline in metro areas especially on the West coast and especially amongst white people. It's still strong as ever in rural communities, in the south, and amongst ethnic communities (mainly black and hispanic).
    Welcome to the 1880's?
    "The Madman. Have you ever heard of the madman who on a bright morning lighted a lantern and ran to the market-place calling out unceasingly: "I seek God! I seek God!" - As there were many people standing about who did not believe in God, he caused a great deal of amusement. Why! is he lost? said one. Has he strayed away like a child? said another. Or does he keep himself hidden? Is he afraid of us? Has he taken a sea-voyage? Has he emigrated? - the people cried out laughingly, all in a hubbub. The insane man jumped into their midst and transfixed them with his glances. " Where is God gone?" he called out. "I mean to tell you! We have killed him, - you and I! We are all his murderers! But how have we done it? How were we able to drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the whole horizon? What did we do when we loosened this earth from its sun? Whither does it now move? Whither do we move? Away from all suns? Do we not dash on unceasingly? Backwards, sideways, forewards, in all directions? Is there still an above and below? Do we not stray, as through infinite nothingness? Does not empty space breathe upon us? Has it not become colder? Does not night come on continually, darker and darker? Shall we not have to light lanterns in the morning? Do we not hear the noise of the grave-diggers who are burying God? Do we not smell the divine putrefaction? - for even Gods putrefy! God is dead! God remains dead! And we have killed him! How shall we console ourselves, the most murderous of all murderers? The holiest and the mightiest that the world has hitherto possessed, has bled to death under our knife, - who will wipe the blood from us? With what water could we cleanse ourselves? What lustrums, what sacred games shall we have to devise? Is not the magnitude of this deed too great for us? Shall we not ourselves have to become Gods, merely to seem worthy of it? There never was a greater event, - and on account of it, all who are born after us belong to a higher history than any history hitherto!" - Here the madman was silent and looked again at his hearers; they also were silent and looked at him in surprise. At last he threw his lantern on the ground, so that it broke in pieces and was extinguished. "I come too early," he then said, "I am not yet at the right time. This prodigious event is still on its way, and is travelling, - it has not yet reached men’s ears. Lightning and thunder need time, the light of the stars needs time, deeds need time, even after they are done, to be seen and heard. This deed is as yet further from them than the furthest star, - and yet they have done it!"
    Interpretive note:
    The key here is that the madman is carrying a lantern in the daytime. His message is already known, even if no one has realized the consequences of it.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,454
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You want to talk about a thread going off track, check this shit out. Something you would never see anywhere but Utah.

The thread is an update about Junior Angilau, a kid from East high.

Here's what shifts the thread:

I'm sure after two years on his mission, Junior would be happy to be back home in SLC with his family. IMO, that would scratch any itch about wanting to spend time away from Utah on his own. Consider 2 years from family and then 4 years away after that in college. I'd have him think about that too if I were involved in his recruitment.

Good observation. After 2 years in France, coming home felt so good and the last thing I'd have wanted to do was move away from "home" for another 4-5 years. For a lot of kids, a mission is 2 tough years. People don't talk enough about how hard a mission is even if you're enjoying it. It's a tough grind. You essentially work from 6:30am to 10pm, 6 1/2 days a week, on proselytizing, preparation to proselytize, and keeping yourself fed and in clean clothes. You're lucky if you get 4-5 hours on P-day to do something fun. By comparison, home feels awfully good when you return. Particularly if you've been "selling religion" in a country where no one is interested like France.

My daughter is 11 days away from returning home from Japan - also not a country particularly interested in hearing about Christ. She has had some good success, relatively speaking, but it has been very hard and challenging and she is very much looking forward to coming home, being with family and going back to school at the U. She's also super excited that we are in a bowl game so that she can watch our football team play this year instead of having to wait until next year. She had me email her all the details about how our football, basketball, and gymnastics team performed along with how the rest of the conference is doing so she is a big Utah fan.

which mission?

From here it's nothing but HAWT mission talk!
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

So many here doubting Spirit Horse

I BONE FOR GLADSTONE!

Next time the horse is wrong will be the first.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,873
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

How do I know Togiai isn't going to UW? Well, Ruth reported that Malloe went out to dinner with the family on his visit.

The restaurant?

Rhymes with 'ChapelTrees'

Why the fuck did they not go to Benihana or some shit?

I think he thought that because there's a certain fruit in the name of both that restaurant and in a certain rivalry game title, it would be speeshal.

After all, this is the guy who brought us DWAGS
    It's Pocatello, Applebees is fine dining.
    Applebees is the shit.
    Friends > Dane Cook > Applebees
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I’m calling it for Ohio State, I’ve seen enough.

Yeah.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Kill everyone.
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

Kill everyone.
    Including Lake?
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

Kill everyone.
    Including Lake?
    Including you.
    Ok!
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Yeah, I'll wait until he signs to shoot @SpiritHorse
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

I love that this 33 page thread is devoted to a recruit who isn't going to UW

Why do you hate AIDS
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I would agree but with these poly kids a lot of times it's the mom making the decision or at least giving final approval.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

I would agree but with these poly kids a lot of times it's the mom making the decision or at least giving final approval.
    And not a lot of Poly's in Columbus.
    But fuck, not a lot in Idaho either... he gone
  • Options

There's polys in Pocatello.
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

There's polys in Pocatello.

Lots actually. Thats Mormon country.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

NEsnake12 said:

If roof could keep her bigoted opinions and jesus talk to herself. Its 2017 bitch nobody believes in god anymore.

Apart from like 80% of Americans. You're probably being sarkasmic, but still.
    TUG TALK WARNING but as a late millennial doog, about 1 in 20 people I know are actually religious, and I'm being generous with that number. I have a sibling that was at Eastside Catholic pretty who says that even there at least half of kids there aren't... most just go through the motions for their parents' sake.

I'd say Religious belief in in sharp decline in metro areas especially on the West coast and especially amongst white people. It's still strong as ever in rural communities, in the south, and amongst ethnic communities (mainly black and hispanic).
    Welcome to the 1880's?
    "The Madman. Have you ever heard of the madman who on a bright morning lighted a lantern and ran to the market-place calling out unceasingly: "I seek God! I seek God!" - As there were many people standing about who did not believe in God, he caused a great deal of amusement. Why! is he lost? said one. Has he strayed away like a child? said another. Or does he keep himself hidden? Is he afraid of us? Has he taken a sea-voyage? Has he emigrated? - the people cried out laughingly, all in a hubbub. The insane man jumped into their midst and transfixed them with his glances. " Where is God gone?" he called out. "I mean to tell you! We have killed him, - you and I! We are all his murderers! But how have we done it? How were we able to drink up the sea? Who gave us the sponge to wipe away the whole horizon? What did we do when we loosened this earth from its sun? Whither does it now move? Whither do we move? Away from all suns? Do we not dash on unceasingly? Backwards, sideways, forewards, in all directions? Is there still an above and below? Do we not stray, as through infinite nothingness? Does not empty space breathe upon us? Has it not become colder? Does not night come on continually, darker and darker? Shall we not have to light lanterns in the morning? Do we not hear the noise of the grave-diggers who are burying God? Do we not smell the divine putrefaction? - for even Gods putrefy! God is dead! God remains dead! And we have killed him! How shall we console ourselves, the most murderous of all murderers? The holiest and the mightiest that the world has hitherto possessed, has bled to death under our knife, - who will wipe the blood from us? With what water could we cleanse ourselves? What lustrums, what sacred games shall we have to devise? Is not the magnitude of this deed too great for us? Shall we not ourselves have to become Gods, merely to seem worthy of it? There never was a greater event, - and on account of it, all who are born after us belong to a higher history than any history hitherto!" - Here the madman was silent and looked again at his hearers; they also were silent and looked at him in surprise. At last he threw his lantern on the ground, so that it broke in pieces and was extinguished. "I come too early," he then said, "I am not yet at the right time. This prodigious event is still on its way, and is travelling, - it has not yet reached men’s ears. Lightning and thunder need time, the light of the stars needs time, deeds need time, even after they are done, to be seen and heard. This deed is as yet further from them than the furthest star, - and yet they have done it!"
    Interpretive note:
    The key here is that the madman is carrying a lantern in the daytime. His message is already known, even if no one has realized the consequences of it.
    Dude, paragraphs. It’s not hard.