Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Clearly you haven't watched any Washington football this year.

BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
https://theathleteshub.org/2017/12/08/ncaaf-college-football-playoff-bowl-predictions/

Elsio’s Take: This is a game of two teams who found some glory last year, with Washington entering the top four, and Penn State being a notable snub. Penn State went on to lose a close game to USC in the Rose Bowl, and Washington got blown out by Alabama in the semi-finals. This will be an interesting game, but Penn State has a key advantage, and his name is Saquon Barkley. Penn State is the more complete team, and I have them winning in a game that could go down as an instant classic: 28-21. Kaleb’s Take: It’d be an understatement to say Saquon Barkley has been good this year. After being snubbed, I could see Barkley having possibly his best game of the year leaving his collegiate career on a good note. He has 41 rushing touchdowns during his career with Penn State, and 3,706 rushing yards. Also, he is a great multi-purpose back, getting north of 1,000 yards and eight touchdowns, receiving-wise. On the other side of the ball, Penn State has a fierce pass rush led by Shareef Miller (4.5 sacks) and Senior linebacker Jason Cabinda (3.5 Sacks). Penn State also has a formidable secondary led by Amani Oruwairye, who had a team-high four interceptions on the season. On the other sideline, Washington has a very solid team. Their offense, led by quarterback Jake Browning, threw for 18 touchdowns to only 5 interceptions, and is their main reason for success this year. Washington leans to their running back Myles Gaskin, who rushed for 1,282 yards and 19 touchdowns. Their defense is fairly spread out, and look to be a solid force against this Barkley-led Penn State offense. Washington’s strength of schedule is a bit spotty though, only playing two ranked opponents in #15 Stanford (a game in which they lost, 30-22) and #21 Washington State (where they won 41-14). I think the game will come down to which offense has the better day, and Barkley has my vote to take these Nittany Lions to a victory, by a score of 42-40, in what should be a great match-up.

Comments

• Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Their offense, led by quarterback Jake Browning, threw for 18 touchdowns to only 5 interceptions, and is their main reason for success this year.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,094
    Bread said:

https://theathleteshub.org/2017/12/08/ncaaf-college-football-playoff-bowl-predictions/

Elsio’s Take: This is a game of two teams who found some glory last year, with Washington entering the top four, and Penn State being a notable snub. Penn State went on to lose a close game to USC in the Rose Bowl, and Washington got blown out by Alabama in the semi-finals. This will be an interesting game, but Penn State has a key advantage, and his name is Saquon Barkley. Penn State is the more complete team, and I have them winning in a game that could go down as an instant classic: 28-21. Kaleb’s Take: It’d be an understatement to say Saquon Barkley has been good this year. After being snubbed, I could see Barkley having possibly his best game of the year leaving his collegiate career on a good note. He has 41 rushing touchdowns during his career with Penn State, and 3,706 rushing yards. Also, he is a great multi-purpose back, getting north of 1,000 yards and eight touchdowns, receiving-wise. On the other side of the ball, Penn State has a fierce pass rush led by Shareef Miller (4.5 sacks) and Senior linebacker Jason Cabinda (3.5 Sacks). Penn State also has a formidable secondary led by Amani Oruwairye, who had a team-high four interceptions on the season. On the other sideline, Washington has a very solid team. Their offense, led by quarterback Jake Browning, threw for 18 touchdowns to only 5 interceptions, and is their main reason for success this year. Washington leans to their running back Myles Gaskin, who rushed for 1,282 yards and 19 touchdowns. Their defense is fairly spread out, and look to be a solid force against this Barkley-led Penn State offense. Washington’s strength of schedule is a bit spotty though, only playing two ranked opponents in #15 Stanford (a game in which they lost, 30-22) and #21 Washington State (where they won 41-14). I think the game will come down to which offense has the better day, and Barkley has my vote to take these Nittany Lions to a victory, by a score of 42-40, in what should be a great match-up.

Chinned for using a phrase I coined.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Their offense, led by quarterback Jake Browning, threw for 18 touchdowns to only 5 interceptions, and is their main reason for success this year.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947

Smiff's brilliant playcalling made it happen
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I didn’t realize guys with 4.5 and 3.5 sacks respectively constituted a fierce pass rush
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Beating the shit out of Penn State is going to be so validating
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

This is the only time they'll cross the 50 all night.
  • Options
    section_332section_332 Member Posts: 2,403
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    DDY trigger warning: Whoever wrote that article, plz crash into a tree.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Browning is the reason for our failures. BTW, Barkley is averaging 85 yds/game off top of my head...that was before he ran into Vea, Gaines and BBK too.